Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

4 of 17 L$U's current commits, from Lousiana

16,602 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
Agsuffering@bulaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Bingo. And when we sign a significantly higher number of out of state players this cycle, the same people accusing LSU of paying players will have all kinds of reasons explaining why it doesn't apply to us.

Either you do not read carefully, or deliberately twist words. I was speaking of players completely outside the SEC footprint.

I came out and said the DE from NJ was a headscratcher. The only explanations I can see is that our roster is thin on good defensive big-bodies and/or they drink the Maroon-Aid. Elko is great, but he may not even be here when they hit campus. Jimbo attracting offensive players makes more sense, since he is a great offensive mind.

Orgeron was the typical DL/RC until he got made. But even then, he was the backup plan. They wanted Scripclub Herman.

EDIT to Add: And Jimbo did win a title and make the first playoff. He also won several league titles. Orgeron got his fudge packed at OM. Orgeron got humiliated at home by UCLA, which probably cost him that permanent HC job.
AG
We just landed two more east coast kids with more highly likely.

Must be our bagmen stepping up.
WC94
AG
Still 64% Texans. The 2 newest recruits are 3 stars, not 4 and 5 stars out of nowhere. If everyone is cheating as theorized, makes perfect sense LSU is more seasoned. Under the table deals are SOP and a Louisiana State tradition.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The better metric is offers.

Raikes is a little thin:
-Penn St is the only elite offer
-Vandy is the only other SEC offer
-Bunch of offers from ACC and B1G

Diggs has offers from at least 10 elite programs and 20 others.

Agsuffering@bulaw
Did the elite programs just decide they were done fearing the NCAA? Makes me wonder.
AG
Another 4 star commit from.... Maryland.
Bill Superman
AG
4 said:

Orgeron is a backwoods corndog that outperformed himself this past season - him getting all of these recruits out of state is questionable at best

Fisher on the other hand is not even from here and is expected to pull from out of state more, which he is doing very well, just not quite at the level of corndog
Propofolsu
Lol he was talking about Fisher pulling a guy from Maryland.

rootube
AG
4 said:

Boom! Reload!
Bill Superman
AG
Propofolsu said:

Lol he was talking about Fisher pulling a guy from Maryland.

Hence my post about orgeron vs Fisher recruiting out of state....
91AggieLawyer
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

WC94 said:

Sorry for the slower kids, let me explain further: L$U went from 55% (2018) to 40% (2019) to 29% (currently) Lousiana natives. Interesting how their national pull has increased $ignificantly.
Actually, let me explain it for you. Most schools are headed the out of state route. LSU isn't that different.

Bama has 11/20 recruits from out of state
Clemson has 16/17
LSU has 13/17
Georgia has 8/13
Ohio State has 7/11
Oklahoma per usual has 11/11 out of state players

$ingling out L$U i$ dumb

Louisiana is arguably richer in prep football talent than all the represented states you mentioned. Georgia and Alabama are close and thus have the largest share on your list of in staters. As far as Oklahoma goes, not even Tulsa bothers with Oklahoma HS players. They only had 2 out of 19 sign LOIs last go around. Oklahoma proves nothing.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The issue is proximity to games, not necessarily a state's political boundaries. The best indicator is the distance from momma's house to the campus. The next best indicator is the number of road games close to momma's house.

We can recruit ATL b/c we play games every other year in Tuscaloosa, Auburn and Columbia. All are 3 hours or less. The MS schools are within 5 hours. So momma in ATL could maybe fly to one game in B/CS and drive to another 3 road games. Not ideal, but manageable for the right opportunity.

Football players are typically unwilling to travel like hoops players. A few will for Saban/Dabo level coaches. But, Orgeron has not proven himself anywhere close. He inherited the Porsche from the guy who inherited the Porsche. Jimbo is at least the next tier. I could see Jimbo poaching a few annually. I dont see how we are getting this many.

Either kids are more willing to travel, or the bagmen have been given free reign.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mommas from Baltimore and DC aren't driving to any elite college football programs.

That's at least one thing your forgetting when wondering about these kids from the mid-Atlantic/NE area going to Baton Rouge and elsewhere.
AG
Or perhaps your assumptions are all wrong.
Bill Superman
AG
Why would they drive when we can fly them down
Maroon Flash
AG
Maybe opens up some extra recruits for us to take!!!
Agsuffering@bulaw
I openly wondered if my assumptions are wrong. Used to that most recruits went to the helmet program within 200-300 miles of momma's house, if offered. It may be that they are more willing to travel to what they perceive as the better opportunity.

And the assumption that momma's from the DC area never travel is probably incorrect in most cases. Only 1/3 black children (I assume that is who you were referring to, since DC and football are majority black) grow up in poverty (not saying acceptable). Of those, there are varying degrees of poverty. If the (whatever race) household is a mother and 3 children, they could have a household income of 20k and be considered "poor." The children's lunches and medical bills would be paid for. Mom could probably get food stamps or other governmental assistance (yes, it is still relatively meager). This is where the most in poverty fall. Yes, it may really set momma back, but it would be doable most of the time.

Michael Oher is a real story, but most African Americans are doing significantly better.

Even the working poor can usually find a way to fill a gas tank and drive a few hours. Penn St is about a 3.5 hour drive from DC. Va Tech is 4 hours. WV is 3.5 hours. Pitt is 4.

BTW- not advocating political views here, just looking at feasibility based on economics. Save Trump and Kapernick for some other thread.
TXAggie2011
AG
You really took off with that one
rootube
AG
I assumed your assumptions were wrong but after this post I'm 100% sure you are drunk. Pace yourself and have a happy fourth.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

The "cajun culture" thing has historically been enough to attract 1-2/ year.
I have no idea what this means. Baton Rouge isn't exactly the epicenter of Cajun culture, if there is one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.