Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

4 of 17 L$U's current commits, from Lousiana

16,539 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
WC94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Things that make you go hmmmm! Reminds me of 2013 Ole Miss class for some reason.
Punked Shank
AG
I definitely understand your post...
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Your post definitely makes me go hmmmmm
Ifishandlie
AG
The kids from Louisiana know LSU is a broke ass school and they know the money is running out...

Agvet12
AG
Even they LSU kids have no idea what farmer brown is saying
AG
That's actually a pretty interesting stat. If they honor all those commitments, there will be a lot of Louisiana athletes left with no chair when the music stops.
WC94
AG
Sorry for the slower kids, let me explain further: L$U went from 55% (2018) to 40% (2019) to 24% (currently) Lousiana natives. Interesting how their national pull has increased $ignificantly.
AG
WC94 said:

Sorry for the slower kids, let me explain further: L$U went from 55% (2018) to 40% (2019) to 29% (currently) Lousiana natives. Interesting how their national pull has increased $ignificantly.

So how do our numbers compare re: Texas athletes over the same 3 years?

Liquid Wrench
Agvet12 said:

Even they LSU kids have no idea what farmer brown is saying
There was nothing difficult to understand about it; though it was about college football, so this may not be the best board for the topic.
Punked Shank
AG
WC94 said:

Sorry for the slower kids, let me explain further: L$U went from 55% (2018) to 40% (2019) to 29% (currently) Lousiana natives. Interesting how their national pull has increased $ignificantly.

Was that so hard putting context to your post? Good job making complete thoughts.

ETA...you put a $ sign in lsu and referenced ole miss who was caught with pay to play tactics. It gets confusing quick.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Most years, they get 1-3 recruits from outside the SEC footprint. 8 so far this year. Is this a down year for that state? If not, the bagman is the most likely explanation.
WC94
AG
Quote:

So how do our numbers compare re: Texas athletes over the same 3 years?

65%, 67%, 78%.
babyshark
I bet we won't care when Bjork and Jimbo start raking in those Florida kids.
cb1919
AG
WC94 said:

Is this the roster?
AG
We won't be at 78% by the time this class wraps up
WC94
AG
54% more local kids as of today. Yes it will change, but that is crazy for a State that has a strangle hold on State talent.
Hamburger Dan
Some recruiting guru and the gang at XM Radio College Football was discussing recruitment rankings., The had LSU at a very solid four for 2020.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ifishandlie said:

The kids from Louisiana know LSU is a broke ass school and they know the money is running out...

LSU will always have money for football, that is not a factor
strbrst777
What it means is that the LSU coaches are good recruiters.
Unemployed
AG
It's naive to think that we ain't shady, either. CFB is big business. All that money we got, you know some of that is gonna find its way to the recruits.
AG
This is Texags, bro. We are located at the intersection of naivety and insecurity. pull up a chair and watch a while. Some of the wrecks are glorious.

Everything we do is pure as the driven snow, and any other school that does well is paying players. Even the historically successful programs with a pedigree. It's impossibru that any kid in the country would choose to go anywhere other than A&M unless they get paid to do so.
levypantsEOY
100%
TAMUallen
AG
LSU has gotten better in the past years.

They can likely pull the Lousiana kids they want but are skipping over on others that they had picked

Logically, their non Louisiana kids increase as a result of their improving image.

A&M has seen this as well... we are pulling more high quaility guys from all over as a result of Jimbo
Liquid Wrench
WC94 said:

49% more local kids as of today. Yes it will change, but that is crazy for a State that has a strangle hold on State talent.
The entire state of Louisiana has a population about the size of Harris County, TX, and they get poached sometimes too. I would assume the difference is Orgeron's experience recruiting nationally and looking for specific needs. It's not like they couldn't do things for recruits before, although I'm sure Orgeron is more creative than Miles.
NyAggie
AG
Ed O strikes me as the type of guy that will do anything to get a recruit, whether it's within the rules or outside the rules

And with an entire state behind you willing to cover it up, it seems like one of the easier places to cheat at and get away with it
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
RealTalk said:

It's naive to think that we ain't shady, either. CFB is big business. All that money we got, you know some of that is gonna find its way to the recruits.

I am here for the comments.
WC94
AG
Username definitely checks out.
Ifishandlie
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Ifishandlie said:

You serious Clark?

rootube
AG
This would be a bad assumption. There is absolutely a trend this year for them going outside their normal footprint. They are pulling from their normal places (MS, AL, FL, TX) but the difference is they have s significant group from VA, MD, and California. This has nothing to do with Orgeron. We are doing the same thing and you will see this across the SEC as they become a national brand. Basically everyone is following the Alabama model which is recruit the best kids no matter where they live.
Bill Superman
AG
We have to beat them again this season to turn the tide
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ifishandlie said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Ifishandlie said:

You serious Clark?

Yes. LSU football is always top 10 in revenue.
Liquid Wrench
rootube said:

This would be a bad assumption. There is absolutely a trend this year for them going outside their normal footprint. They are pulling from their normal places (MS, AL, FL, TX) but the difference is they have s significant group from VA, MD, and California. This has nothing to do with Orgeron. We are doing the same thing and you will see this across the SEC as they become a national brand. Basically everyone is following the Alabama model which is recruit the best kids no matter where they live.
Which part was the bad assumption?
rootube
AG
It's hilarious that people on here think LSU football is running out of money.
rootube
AG
The part about Orgeron being a national recruiter. His first classes were typical LSU footprint. I think this is a larger trend you are going to see in the SEC and has nothing to do with Orgeron.
WC94
AG
Quote:

We are doing the same thing and you will see this across the SEC as they become a national brand.

We are trending more Texas players the last 3 years.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.