Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Manziel to A&M?

18,654 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jja79
C2 Ag 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No... just... no... I thank him for wonderful years of watching him play, and count him as an Aggie brother, but... No... He has not demonstrated anything that allows me to trust him guiding players, coaching, etc. Welcome him to give pep talks, but NOT as a regular associated with the system of coaching.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/manziel-wants-to-work-with-texas-aandm-program-after-playing-career/ar-AACFUui
#Mke
AG
I don't think he'll be a coach for Jimbo, but he could have some sort of role within the A&M football program.

He'd also make a ton of money doing business in College Station if he plays his cards right.
kentky
You don't think he might be a really good recruiter?
My Dad Earl
AG
kentky said:

Being a recruiter means being a coach which means taking on responsibility. Based on him being fired from every one of his places of employment since he left here, he hasn't shown yet that he can handle responsibility. So no, he wouldn't be a good recruiter.
Agvet12
AG
Click bait
iluvpoker
kentky said:

TAMUallen
AG
Yes, just, yes
rootube
AG
I feel like he may have one more go at football in the XFL. If that does not work out it would be great if he could find his way back to Texas A&M in some capacity.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
I'd like to see him tear it up for XFL Houston first.
Bill Superman
AG
My Dad Earl said:

kentky said:

Being a recruiter means being a coach which means taking on responsibility. Based on him being fired from every one of his places of employment since he left here, he hasn't shown yet that he can handle responsibility. So no, he wouldn't be a good recruiter.

He could be one of those consultant types that helps with recruiting - you don't have to be a coach to do that. We already have some of those
Bob Harris
I'd make him a player counselor. He pissed away more chances than most people ever get so he might keep some kids from making the same mistakes. Provided he learned something along the way, of course...
Tobias Funke
AG
I like when posters starts threads like this as if Manziel or the A&M athletic department give any hint of a **** what you think about it.
TheDraw
AG
Can he return and play for the baseball team?
Agvet12
AG
Tobias Funke said:

I like when posters starts threads like this as if Manziel or the A&M athletic department give any hint of a **** what you think about it.

No one does but here we all are
txag1994
AG
He was on the Dan Patrick show yesterday talking about this. He gave a great interview and talked up Mond quite a bit. It's worth a listen if you have time. Johnny said he could help others avoid the mistakes he made. I trust Jimbo and I love JFF.
Mythotbetterthanyours
Who better to teach kids what not to do .....
fightinag
rootube said:

I feel like he may have one more go at football in the XFL. If that does not work out it would be great if he could find his way back to Texas A&M in some capacity.
if washed up Vince Young can go back to tu with a high dollar job ....why can't johnny ?
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Liquid Wrench
Don't you need a degree to coach college?
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
I have no problem with him being a GA then a consultant type then go from there
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
He would sell the crap out of the aggie network
Charlie 31
AG
iluvpoker said:

kentky said:

Who got a hundred (one) dollar bill(s), y'all?
Aggie87
AG
He's a poster-boy for how not to behave as a student athlete while he was here, and by most accounts wasn't coachable. Sumlin/KK/Spav basically left him alone and let him freelance on the field.

And then he's been the poster-boy for how not to behave as a professional football player too. Not really learning playbooks, not attending meetings, flying around to Vegas etc when he should be focused on rehabbing, etc.

I wouldn't want that type of person around athletes I'm recruiting or trying to develop into the caliber of player this program needs today.

All that said, he was the most exciting college player I think I've ever seen.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Not sure why Johnny would want to go to tu like Vince.
Krazykat
AG
Hell no! Still a train wreck.
HoustonAg2106
AG
fightinag said:

rootube said:

if washed up Vince Young can go back to tu with a high dollar job ....why can't johnny ?

How did that work out?

Hint:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) Texas has fired former star quarterback Vince Young from his part-time role as a development officer for poor performance and often being absent from work or not in touch with his supervisors. The move also comes after Young had a second drunken-driving arrest within three years on Feb. 4.
HUDAT361
I'd feel he would take advantage of the program rather than help progress it. No offense nothing personal.. we've kinda seen it with our rivals with VY and RW. It's embarrassing and the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Would get him a sales gig in O&G he would kill it
Agsuffering@bulaw
I would not let him near the athletes, but he would be a hell of a fundraiser until he eventually flamed out.
MaxPower
He could be our Sherwood Blount.
BaileyAg
AG
JFF has disappointed time and again, but i think he'd be a great ambassador and huge asset in this role
ghostofthebanned
Wow F off OP....he should be welcomed with open arms

Federale01
AG
And this board roasted Texas about hiring him for years.

I don't have major issues with Johnny's personal flame outs. People make mistakes and things don't pan out. I have two real concerns though, the potential domestic violence issues and all the reports that he never learned a play book. I know there were issues on both sides of that relationship, but its troubling. Also, he relied almost completely on his raw talent and intuition, how do you coach that?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Federale01 said:

And this board roasted Texas about hiring him for years.

I don't have major issues with Johnny's personal flame outs. People make mistakes and things don't pan out. I have two real concerns though, the potential domestic violence issues and all the reports that he never learned a play book. I know there were issues on both sides of that relationship, but its troubling. Also, he relied almost completely on his raw talent and intuition, how do you coach that?

He wouldn't be brought to A&M to coach on Jimbo's staff...he would be in a role similar to what VY had at tu
OrygunAg
AG
fightinag said:

rootube said:

Well, he was fired tho
ColoradoMooseHerd
No thanks
levypantsEOY
Would you hire him at your company? On the one hand- he's JFF! On the other hand- 7+ years of anecdotal evidence that he is unemployable.
Tough to consider a guy as an asset when his Wikipedia page has more info on his scandals than on his professional accomplishments.
If they do hire him i hope some sort of probation policy is able to keep him on a tight leash. Not sure hanging around college kids is the best thing for his sobriety, but who knows?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.