Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sabian Holmes

8,734 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Enviroag02
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw that Sabian Holmes had an apartment in the building hit by the construction crane Sunday in Dallas. Today they are reporting that everyone has to move, you can't get your car out & they gave some people in undamaged buildings 5 minutes to go in and get some stuff and thats it - you can't come back. They are demolishing the whole property.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/534-Residents-Displaced-by-Deadly-Crane-Collapse--511095712.html?fbclid=IwAR2uYYYUF-nFPU3Upm8ONh36nbjx1qqi2_VcFPdizHU9N1cYObhHnbJrE1Y

Quote:

"This was my first alone apartment," Sabian Holmes said.

He's among an estimated 125 residents not able to even step foot inside because of the heavy damage to his unit.

"I'm still in shock, honestly," Holmes said. "Being told that I can't get any of my belongings hasn't really settled in really."

The former Aggie football player said he had irreplaceables on the fifth floor. "I have signed jerseys all over the place and my personal college jerseys and just stuff that I can't get back," he said.

"As much as it sucks, I have nothing in my name, I have my dog and my health and it's really all I can be thankful for," Holmes said.

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Yeah that seems like there's gotta be a better solution than that.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Nothing in that place worth anyone's life. Always error on the side of caution.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
No one is saying not to be cautious but there's gotta be a happy medium between just running willy nilly in the building and grabbing everything vs. all your **** is gone forever, the end.

I mean even the unaffected building tenants only got 5 mins. **** that.
AggieBlu
AG
Yeah. I saw he posted something on IG as well. Glad he is safe.
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
agdidastech11
AG
Hopefully all of the losses are covered by renter's insurance...

Kind of bull**** though, Demo company employees are going to pick those apartments clean before they actually start tearing anything down. Lots of personal information at risk.
rootube
AG
I smell lawsuit. Has anyone contacted the Texas Law Hawk? This sounds like it may be right up his alley.

schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Demo company employees are going to pick those apartments clean

You betcha they are.
Post removed:
by user
B-1 83
AG
Thomas J. Henry

eot
BrokeAssAggie
Quote:

Greystar is providing each lease holder a $100 voucher per day to use in whatever way needed, including car rentals.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
HtownAg2000 said:

Quote:

Greystar is providing each lease holder a $100 voucher per day to use in whatever way needed, including car rentals.

For how long?
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
agdidastech11 said:

Demo company employees are going to pick those apartments clean before they actually start tearing anything down.

Yep, that building isn't getting demolished without the workers first going in and packing out whatever they want. I'd be pissed if I lived in that apartment.
Sbisa Chef
I live 2 blocks from that building. It's much worse than it looks in pictures. Not a multi-building complex -- it's a 5-story midrise, all connected by the parking garage in the middle of the building. Whole building condemned. Couches, beds, TVs...all gonna come down with the building when they demolish it.
Thanks and Gig'em!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Pissed but alive
rootube
AG
So residents have zero access to their apartments like they cant get family photos etc? That is terrible.
EllisCoAg
AG
I saw where they were able to go back in small groups and grab more stuff, but it was just small stuff and controlled by the management.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Builder93
AG
I'd hang out with the demo company. They surely have some Aggies working there. See if they can't help retrieve the items.
ABATTBQ11
AG
HtownAg2000 said:

Quote:

$100/day? That's chicken****.
Enviroag02
AG
The daughter of a coworker lived in this building. I've heard they have hired a moving company to load everything up and take to a storage facility for people to claim. Guess that's better than just destroying it all but that's bound to be a messy process as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.