Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2020 RBs ? WTH?

11,447 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ashley
KatyAg88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have been out. When did Seth McGowan committ to OU? They get both McGown and McClellan? And Evans not interested? JEEEZ!
cevans_40
AG
RB is not looking good for 2020. Other than that, is hard to complain.
HUDAT361
When we win a championship you'll be the one to cry about the bevel on our helmets the same day
AG
Clearly, we'd love to land a top RB in this class, but if there's one position we can afford to miss on this year, it's RB. We are 5 deep, 6 if you count Vernon Jackson, and they are all really, really good backs.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Have you never been to Norman?!?! That's God's own country my friend. Miles and miles of pure Heaven.

If you haven't been to Norman then you haven't been living. In Afghanistan we'd often shout, "God save Norman!!!" as our battlecry.

Wait a moment. I was thinking of Kate Upton's tits again.

Norman, Oklahoma? That place is a truck stop toilet along the road to Hell. Never go to Norman.
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
TexanJeff
AG
I bet one of the kids going to Norman backs out.
AG
Good chance
Lateralus Ag
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

Have you never been to Norman?!?! That's God's own country my friend. Miles and miles of pure Heaven.

If you haven't been to Norman then you haven't been living. In Afghanistan we'd often shout, "God save Norman!!!" as our battlecry.

Norman, Oklahoma? That place is a truck stop toilet along the road to Hell. Never go to Norman.

This is how you Zoo, people.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Big Red automotive must be back in full swing.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Maybe these guys just want to save their legs, share the load with other guys on the roster, get 10-12 touches per game and get ready for the NFL with as few miles on their legs as possible.

It seems they have no interest in proving that they can be workhorse backs like Devonta Freeman, Dalvin Cook and Traveyon Williams. Jimbo's lead backs are alphas, they get big time touches and big time yards. If these guys aren't about that action, so be it. I want guys in our program who want to be great.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Thankfully we will still have good depth at RB in 2020 and 2021, however we do need to land one stud and there aren't many left out there.
B-1 83
AG
PaulSimonsGhost said:

Enough hookers, blow, and $, and anything can be tolerable for 2 or 3 years.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Maybe these guys just want to save their legs, share the load with other guys on the roster, get 10-12 touches per game and get ready for the NFL with as few miles on their legs as possible.

Sarcasm aside, you may be onto something: The NFL drafts RBs primarily on measurables. So:

1. ou/tu play 10-11/year vs small, weak defenses, minimize "mileage" on the body, extend NFL career

2. The SEC vs big and fast defenders, NFL doesn't give points for being the SEC lead rusher
My Dad Earl
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

It seems they have no interest in proving that they can be workhorse backs like Devonta Freeman, Dalvin Cook and Traveyon Williams. Jimbo's lead backs are alphas, they get big time touches and big time yards. If these guys aren't about that action, so be it. I want guys in our program who want to be great.
These are my thoughts as well. Not only that, but look at how much potential Jashaun Corbin showed last year as a true freshman. With Jimbo's success with running backs, why in the hell can we not get a commitment from 1 of the 3 top backs in Texas this year?

...but with that being said, if Jashaun Corbin has a breakout year this year, I think we may see a flip in our favor from one of these guys.
Bill Superman
AG
Do we even need any RB's in this year's class?
levypantsEOY
Bill Superman said:

Yes.
OKC~Ag
Meh, not Zoo enough since no pic of said body part...

Second, weak rant about Norman given basically Norman will be distant suburb of Dallas...

From north Dallas, get to Norman in 2 hours vs to Cstat what 3 hours?
AG
Nm
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Yes.

We want one, we don't need one.

We are 6 scholarship RBs deep.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

NFL doesn't give points for being the SEC lead rusher
Obviously.
Bottlehead90
AG
1. Less wear and tear facing bdf defenses every week

2. You can break a young woman's jaw in public and never miss a game. Still disgusted with that.
Rick Flex
AG
Looks like Achane will be considered more of all purpose back than WR. I believe he is the top offensive target right now. Kid has the speed that this team desperately needs, so if we end up getting him, IMO it's a wash if we do not land one of the top 3 backs.

One a side note, I'm not sure how OU keeps both McGowan and McClellan. I look for McClellan to start visiting other campuses soon, and I imagine Jimbo and Co have already reached out. Also look for the staff to step up a visit for RB Sam Adams II... yes that's former A&M all American Sam Adam's son.

This staff is completely different from the past. If they can't get a target in state, they will find someone out of state to fill in. And as we saw with Vernon Jackson and Bobby Brown, they won't give up trying to flip a kid even if he is committed to a place like Alabama. Still a long ways to go til signing day.
Bill Superman
AG
4 said:

levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Yes.

Exactly, and I'm not sure we really need one of the top RB's in this class this year. Maybe go after that in '21 or '22

We do, however, need a top tier QB now to redshirt during Mond's last season
kentky
I'm hoping for Daniyel Ngata out of Folsom, CA. He's a national top 50 guy and has A&M in his top 7. Some national recruiting analysts think A&M has a real chance as he likes Jimbo's offence. Need to get him to come for an OV visit.
technoviking
AG

He's about the same size as Trayveon Williams and looks just as hard-nosed, shifty and faster. A couple of really good blocks in there, too. I would like another 3 years of Trayveon.
DSAG
We need a franchise QB a lot more than we need a franchise RB.
Mond could be the guy but I have my doubts.
We need to recruit better at QB. Haynes King at Longview could be the answer.
DayAg!
S
Some damn fine football guru's in here I tell ya, damn fine.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Sip
Troll

HTH
ashley
4 said:

levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Yes.

Come on, wake up. You're dreaming.
Two or three of them will be lucky to touch the field.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
DSAG said:

We need a franchise QB a lot more than we need a franchise RB.
Mond could be the guy but I have my doubts.
We need to recruit better at QB. Haynes King at Longview could be the answer.

Mond will be a senior when the 2020 class gets to campus, so even if he was amazing, we still need to keep guys coming in.
500,000ags
AG
Corbin - 4* So.
Richardson - 4* So.
Spiller - 4* FR
AG
ashley said:

4 said:

levypantsEOY said:

Bill Superman said:

Yes.

Come on, wake up. You're dreaming.
Two or three of them will be lucky to touch the field.

Where exactly did I say anything about that? I said we have 6 very good scholarship running backs. Therefore, we don't "need" to take one in this year's class, though we'd like to.

It was a pretty short, simple statement.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
500,000ags said:

Corbin - 4* So.
Richardson - 4* So.
Spiller - 4* FR

No 5*??? Totally unacceptable.
AgfromHOU
AG
ashley
4 said:

Clearly, we'd love to land a top RB in this class, but if there's one position we can afford to miss on this year, it's RB. We are 5 deep, 6 if you count Vernon Jackson, and they are all really, really good backs.

Sorry, I was joking about this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.