Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who Else Upgraded FB Seating?

3,249 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hehateme1
lotoarmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am confident enough in the future that I just traded in my four seats for four more, whose section donation costs four times as much.

I AM READY!
Last of the Old Army
Alpha Texan
AG
meanwhile, I'll be setting up camp outside Kyle at 5 p.m. on Sundays in the fall to get those good seats on Monday morning...
JaySugar
what section and row did you get?

I'm in 402 row 4, but will try and upgrade on Apr. 23
aeon-ag
lotoarmy said:

I am confident enough in the future that I just traded in my four seats for four more, whose section donation costs four times as much.

I AM READY!
I let eight go back to 12th man, had a belly full terrible parking, a stadium that impossible to navigate, outrageous concessions prices, and the division of Ags and the "elite" rich of A&M's new rich man's sport. I've been in College Station 71 years, this isn't my school any longer, I now know what an ex aggie is.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
lotoarmy
AG
JaySugar said:

I moved from 402 to 303, which is directly below 402 (I think of it as deck 2 1/2).

Believe it or not, it was my Aggie wife's idea. She has back problems and wanted to get into armchairs and also be closer to the field.

We couldn't get four seats in a row anywhere in comparable sections, but we finally found on row 3, 3 seats together, with one directly behind them. That works maybe better. There was nothing else similar in the comparable sections. Donation went from $250 per seat to $1000 per seat. Maybe the extra donation will help keep Jimbo here a few minutes longer!

Only downside is we were on row 20 in 402 and protected from normal rain. I think we will still have shade, except for 11:00 AM games.

You know the available seats are constantly changing as others move and open up seats. Good luck with your choices.
Last of the Old Army
lotoarmy
AG
C@LAg said:

I did.

I got a new leather sectional that has a reclining section.

My game seats will have a better view, more comfort and features and better gameday experience than yours.
Ok...,.... if you say so. My wife says Aggie football is the only thing I haven't out grown, at age 70!
Last of the Old Army
Leander - Ag
AG
lotoarmy said:

C@LAg said:

I did.

I got a new leather sectional that has a reclining section.

My game seats will have a better view, more comfort and features and better gameday experience than yours.
Ok...,.... if you say so. My wife says Aggie football is the only thing I haven't out grown, at age 70!
rootube
AG
aeon-ag said:

lotoarmy said:

I AM READY!
I let eight go back to 12th man, had a belly full terrible parking, a stadium that impossible to navigate, outrageous concessions prices, and the division of Ags and the "elite" rich of A&M's new rich man's sport. I've been in College Station 71 years, this isn't my school any longer, I now know what an ex aggie is.
This post made me sad. Then I remember I read it on Texags. You can't get away old man. The Aggies have you for life. Just enjoy the games at home with a reasonably priced chicken wrap from Sam's club. That's my strategy.
Al Bula
AG
Lol not me or my family. Gave up seats after 2015 and haven't looked back or donated to TMF.
C Loves L
aeon-ag said:

lotoarmy said:

I AM READY!

You're so dramatic.

All of this but you still post daily on an Aggie forum. You ain't fooling anybody
mcag83
AG
aeon-ag said:

lotoarmy said:

I AM READY!

If you are on here posting then then you must still like it.
Like anyone can even know that.
No Longer Subsribed
AG
I moved one row lower and over near the aisle in 407 for no additional cost. In fact I've had marginal improvements like that almost every year. I wish I had armchairs but at the time of the reseatng I was already giving $40 grand a year to A&M for tuition, dorms and meal plan. Now those kids are graduated or will soon graduate - hope more give up their seats next year!
lotoarmy
AG
Yeah, when my two kids were overlapping at A&M in the '90's. It was pretty tough. I, also, was paying our of state tuition. I had four seats on the front row of the upper deck. Those seats were special. No on sitting or moving in front of you. We watched several families, literally, grow up around us.

I got rid of two of the four seats because money was tight and the kids, of course, wanted to stand with their friends in the student section. I could never get those two seats back. I always wished I had kept them. Then came reseating and everything changed.
Last of the Old Army
Win At Life
AG
I miss the old stadium where you knew the guys around you for years.

With the prices of the new stadium, it looks like a lot of resellers moved in and there's someone I don't know sitting all around me every game.

It HAS changed.
Hehateme1
lotoarmy said:

JaySugar said:

I moved from 402 to 303, which is directly below 402 (I think of it as deck 2 1/2).

Believe it or not, it was my Aggie wife's idea. She has back problems and wanted to get into armchairs and also be closer to the field.

We couldn't get four seats in a row anywhere in comparable sections, but we finally found on row 3, 3 seats together, with one directly behind them. That works maybe better. There was nothing else similar in the comparable sections. Donation went from $250 per seat to $1000 per seat. Maybe the extra donation will help keep Jimbo here a few minutes longer!

Only downside is we were on row 20 in 402 and protected from normal rain. I think we will still have shade, except for 11:00 AM games.

You know the available seats are constantly changing as others move and open up seats. Good luck with your choices.

Hoping to do the same, however my appt not until 4/30. I've been in 402 top row. I really like the seats but my knees have gotten to where I'm not sure I can make the climb any longer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.