Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M announces R.C. Slocum as interim AD

12,733 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PorkEatingCrusader
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone who thinks there's no room for "good old boy" hires in the SEC doesn't know a lot about the SEC.

And it's INTERIM.
monarch
S
I don't have a problem with RC being the interim AD but not permanent. Frankly, I don't know if he would want that title or the responsibility. The responsibilities of an AD today is one hell of a lot different than those responsibilities of one 25 years ago.

Good move as a temp, but lets go find a permanent person that can run a $200,000,000 company and the employees that work for that company.
Peace for Ukraine!
TxAg76
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Where is Panhandle Slim?

As of today, he's serving as interim AD....
TAMU74
AG
Smart hire and move at this time.
RightWingConspirator
AG
My concern is that this is a mealy mouth way of eventually making RC the permanent AD. Get us used to the idea as an "interim" solution then later drop on us the permanent selection of RC as the AD. I hope not.
coondog004
The most important part of this is WHO is on the search committee. R.C. will keep the department heading in the right direction. Just make sure on whoever the candidates happen to be will be thoroughly vented.
greg.w.h
AG
coondog004 said:

The most important part of this is WHO is on the search committee. R.C. will keep the department heading in the right direction. Just make sure on whoever the candidates happen to be will be thoroughly vented.

Search committees are for churches trying to botch hiring a senior pastor...
RGLAG85
AG
coondog004 said:

Do they stink or something? They need to be aired out?

Vetted...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
A certain poster accused me of trolling for joking that Jackie Sherrill would be considered.

He just hasn't been around long enough to know how our BOR and Sharp think.
PanzerAggie06
AG
RC couldn't move the program forward almost two decades ago in the Big 12. Since when has he gained these "chops"?
Lateralus Ag
AG
greg.w.h said:

coondog004 said:

Search committees are for churches trying to botch hiring a senior pastor...

This cracked me up. I was thinking something very similar.
sharpdressedman
He will keep the seat warm, sign the administrative paperwork, and little else, probably for a little while. Nevertheless, I like the choice as it rewards many years of solid Aggie loyalty. Congratulations, RC!
mcag83
AG
RC
Like anyone can even know that.
monarch
S
What's the positive of Oregon's, AD, OU's AD, 'Bama's AD, Va-Techs's AD or Clemson's AD coming over to us? What do we get out of this- a name person with a few years left before that person retires?

Look on campus folks: Stephanie Rempe or Justin Moore.
Peace for Ukraine!
StickTogetherAgs
Let's go.
Little Rock Ag
AG
MROD92 said:

Was Wally Groff unavailable??

What about John David Crow?

RIP
Buford T. Justice
AG
It would have made more sense to make Gary Blair the Interim AD. The guy is basically at every game, while out of season, supporting the coaches and players, and is without a doubt, the most marketing/promotionally oriented coach that we have ever had. Plus, he has an NC.
BigBubbaAggie82
Hopefully his history with never a loosing season as a football coach will rub off on our softball program! Geeeeeshhh!! Stop the bleeding!
Liquid Wrench
sharpdressedman said:

He will keep the seat warm, sign the administrative paperwork, and little else, probably for a little while. Nevertheless, I like the choice as it rewards many years of solid Aggie loyalty. Congratulations, RC!
The AD also has to maintain relationships with major donors, and RC seems like a good choice for that.
PorkEatingCrusader
MROD92 said:

Gosh damn, great great move
Absolutely a terrible idea if you knew anything about collegiate football! HTH

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.