Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Welcome back R.C. Slocum

16,536 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by zipp99
phatty26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL I forgot about that worthless field goal when down by 28-0 and having our sh$t shoved in the whole game.

Ifishandlie
AG
When you've coached a football game you can decide what decisions to make.

Until then you're just a guy on a couch, with zero experience, telling the world how bad the guy is on the sideline.

Lol. You're in the right place. Texags. Where couch quarterbacks come to rule.
PorkEatingCrusader
Texas A&M said:

Great Move!
FALE!
phatty26
Why are you so butt hurt and trying to put me and others down because we don't think RC was great as you do. Last time I checked this was a place to express an opinion sorry you can't except mine and others. Sorry you try to shame us with that bs about coaching you nothing about my background.
Ifishandlie
AG
phatty26 said:

Why are you so butt hurt and trying to put me and others down because we don't think RC was great as you do. Last time I checked this was a place to express an opinion sorry you can't except mine and others. Sorry you try to shame us with that bs about coaching you nothing about my background.

Because you guys don't fight fair.

Can RC help the fact that he coached during the time he did? Not in my opinion.

He dominated the state of Texas. Not a little. A lot.

Completely dominated his peers in Texas. That's not an opinion. That's a numerical fact.

So you guys don't like him and come back with..."well he dominated weak teams and a weak conference "

LOL

That the bs I can't stand. Guy did everything he could.

He didn't believe bowl games were important. He thought they were a reward for the kids, not the fans.
He let the kids have fun at the games and didn't put an importance on winning them as much as most of it would have liked.

Honestly, what difference did a bowl make back then??
Not much. Just a final ranking

With that said, we agree that RC should have won more bowl games. 100%. I also think hiring his son as special teams coach was a mistake. I never said he was perfect.

He and Bob Davies fielded some incredible defenses. Still talked about today. We've never had defenses like them sense. The wrecking crew of the 1990''s set a standard that's never been met since......

Just because he lost bowl games doesn't mean he ead a terrible coach. He just looked at them differently.

Why put him down?? Why not just not say anything?

More people love what he's done for our university than don't. You're in the minority.

You bash him all you want. I'll let his numbers speak for themselves and keep putting them up.

Be careful... there's more of me than there are of you....
Guy has been here his whole life He loves TAMU and you put him down for losing bowl games. Lol.
phatty26
Look I get it you either played or coached with him. I have never said he was a bad man, you have jumped to that conclusion. I was there during that great defense era until 94. I know we were great but the facilities argument falls on deaf ears. We got every recruit we wanted because we were the best yet we still lost every big road game or bowl.

Agree to disagree!
I respect your opinion I'm not shaming you.
Tango_Mike
Ifishandlie said:

When you've coached a football game you can decide what decisions to make.

Until then you're just a guy on a couch, with zero experience, telling the world how bad the guy is on the sideline.

Lol. You're in the right place. Texags. Where couch quarterbacks come to rule.

This tripe is so exhausting.

Can I safely assume you've never second-guessed a cop, or complained about what any elected official did, or *****ed about how a pothole was filled in, or told your friends "they shouldn't have enveloped left" when watching Band of Brothers?

Sports coaching is not sacrosanct. You undoubtedly offer your opinions about a million other things you've never done each week.
Ifishandlie
AG
Imagine what he could have done WITH facilities....

He begged and pleaded for us just to keep up.

JIMBO left because of that exact reason

RC stayed. He could have left as well, but he stayed

He deserves more than he gets on texags.

No I didn't coach or play for with/for him. Wasn't d1 good enough. Not a relative either. Just know all the story and there's more than just bowl games and field goals.

PanzerAggie06
AG
Again, are you simple? I stated from the start that no schools outside of UNT types showed a lick of interest. You came back with "his name was mentioned" which ultimately means squat. I get it. You like the the guy. And RC is likeable. What it don't get is your persistent need to lie and make false statements about his value as a coach. Sad.
phatty26
The facilities is the biggest bunch of crap ou and Texas had none but soon as ou got bob with leach he beat the hell out of us it was 42-7 at the half. I was there, Texas with Mac and Ricky ran all over us in the rain at Kyle.
phatty26
We've turned this into the rc debate all the while forgetting that his hiring as the interim AD IMO is not a good thing, we've worked to get mainstream only to fall back to the old school. I don't think it's a good thing even if on an interim basis to hire an old football to be your AD.
Ifishandlie
AG
phatty26 said:

We've turned this into the rc debate all the while forgetting that his hiring as the interim AD IMO is not a good thing, we've worked to get mainstream only to fall back to the old school. I don't think it's a good thing even if on an interim basis to hire an old football to be your AD.

Lol you're talking about one game in the rain

I'm talking about 51-6 record over four years

Congrats on being there for one of the six loses in four years.

You're wrong about the facilities. We were way behind the country and tu and ou. That's a known fact that no one argues.
agent-maroon
AG
5 pages of debate over RC's coaching ability with little to no discussion of his abilities in the temporary position as interim AD. He's not being placed into a coaching role.

Love him or hate him, but what is the concern with the two biggest money sports being in capable hands and him needing to keep the BMA's happy and their money flowing in? Those same BMA's that he's been glad handing for the two decades since he was fired. Those same BMA's that likely view him as the 2nd best coach of their lifetimes.

I really don't get all the angst. This is about him keeping the seat warm while others do the actual search & replacement. He's like a vice president during an election only with no chance at succession. Few people can even name the VP two years after an election much less lose sleep over whoever is in that position.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
phatty26
[Time to move on or move out. This thread is about a temporary AD position. Consider this a warning for all. - Staff]
monarch
S
Ummm, does anybody know who the leading candidates might be for the AD spot?

Just asking is all.
Peace for Ukraine!
PA24
AG
I really don't care what they do or who they pay, their product just aint cutting it.

txaggie79
zipp99
AG
NoahAg said:

Was Wally Groff unavailable?

What about the Listeater?
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.