Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Matthew Baldwin

3,602 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by petey88
AGGIE$565
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts on Matthew Baldwin possibly transferring to Texas A&M. Lake Travis QBs have been balling since Todd Reesing at Kansas at the next level. Baldwin is a big QB who has got a cannon of an arm and people underestimate his athleticism. Overall I think he would thrive under Jimbo.
TMF
AG
I don't think we need any transfers at QB. Damn rookies.
Born Maroon
AG
Welcome to our board Mr. Baldwin.
Schrute Farms
AGGIE$565 said:

Thoughts on Matthew Baldwin possibly transferring to Texas A&M. Lake Travis QBs have been balling since Todd Reesing at Kansas at the next level. Baldwin is a big QB who has got a cannon of an arm and people underestimate his athleticism. Overall I think he would thrive under Jimbo.

I've wondered the same. Ohio St fans hate that they're losing him and some believe he is similar to Burrows @ LSU. Word is that he pushed Fields this Spring but is ready to be back in Texas.

It's doubtful we're in the mix but crazier things have happened.
Phoenix1
LOL. Guys don't transfer to schools with established QB's. Like it or not, we have our starting QB for the next 2 years. We won't be getting any qb transfers between now and next November (2020).
TexanJeff
AG
Chance somewhere between Panhandle Slim and None
Uncle Jimbo
Phoenix1 said:

LOL. Guys don't transfer to schools with established QB's. Like it or not, we have our starting QB for the next 2 years. We won't be getting any qb transfers between now and next November (2020).

Baldwin is a freshman who redshirted this past year. He'd probably have to sit out a year, but then he'd probably have at least 3 years to play after that. If you think we can develop this guy, then you absolutely give him a look, because he has time to develop.

Regarding Mond having 2 years left, you NEVER have any guarantees and you never take your roster for granted at any position, much less the most important one. Mond might be awesome for 2 years, or he could get injured, or he could completely ball out this year and go pro, or he could just as likely regress and be terrible. Every possibility is on the table and at this point, our QB depth chart isn't prepared for it.
Lateralus Ag
AG
TexanJeff said:

Chance somewhere between Panhandle Slim and None

See this is the kind of subtle humor that used to he appreciated around here.
petey88

Just my two cents. Don't even bother.

We have Calzada coming in. We have Foster, Mond.

We don't need some Lake Travis guy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.