Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Humble Request from a Red Raider

8,011 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Meximan
rockylarues
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm sure it seems odd that a Red Raider would come here to make a request, but it's honestly for a good cause. This will be my second year to ride in the Bike MS event in Dallas, where we ride to raise funds for multiple sclerosis. To preface this, I have already paid my entry fee, self-donated, and surpassed my fundraising minimum, so this is not a ploy to get you guys to make me eligible. In the event we will bike over 160 miles in a weekend, with more than 100 of those on the first day. I ride with an awesome group of guys from Community Beer Company (nothing says you can't have a good time while doing good), and our team is passionate about raising funds for something that actually does good. MS research has yielded some positive results in recent years, and we really want to further that cause.

If you are so inclined, please take a look at my donation page here: Donation Page

If it makes it any easier to swallow helping out a Red Raider, let me add that in my family I have two uncles, one aunt, three cousins (and one of their spouses), one grandfather, and two great grandfathers (one of which was a professor) who are all good Ags.

Thanking you in advance.
cevans_40
AG
Sure thing. Just give us your AD
VegasAg98
BaileyAg
Grits
rockylarues
cevans_40 said:

Sure thing. Just give us your AD

Lol, no shame in asking, but I do hope you don't get that request
C Loves L
It's odd that a tceh tard is in legend status on texags
rockylarues
C Loves L said:

Been around a while. Just think, if I was a jerk they would have booted me years ago.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Kirby isn't coming here, he is still bringing back tech to elite status.

http://www.theunticket.com/the-texas-tech-elite-doll/
Flexbone
rockylarues said:

C Loves L said:

Been around a while. Just think, if I was a jerk they would have booted me years ago.

I met my wife at...you.
Lateralus Ag
AG
C Loves L said:

Rocky has been around for a long time. And he has always been a decent guy. In fact, he is a better poster than 98% of the fools that post here now.
aggiehawg
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

C Loves L said:

Rocky has been around for a long time. And he has always been a decent guy. In fact, he is a better poster than 98% of the fools that post here now.
I'm truly wounded.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I did say 98%. And I have always said you are a rare gem.
rockylarues
Lateralus Ag said:

C Loves L said:

Good to see you, Lat! Been a while.
Lateralus Ag
AG
You too!
aggiehawg
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

How are you doing?

The Hubs and I have a hell of time for the last two weeks. Direct lightning strike on the house and then the tornado that crossed the property but missed the house, power out for nearly four days (generator ran some essential appliances) and then another storm last night that left us without power for most of the day (had to drag the generator out again and went through over 50 gallons of gas throughout these all of the storms. What a PITA and scary crap.)
Lateralus Ag
AG
The tornado was a bad day. Last nights storm knocked out the power until about ten minutes ago.

I wondered how you guys fared through the weather. Glad you're safe. Drove through town today. It was shocking. To say the least.

aggiehawg
AG
Yeah, we were very lucky and it feels bad to complain when many others suffered much more loss.

The Hubs has been trailoring and driving his tractor over to help clean up the mess for friends and neighbors, mostly downed trees. It's been too wet to get to our own trees (over a dozen 100 year+ oaks) that were uprooted and tossed like matchsticks. Not to mention the fences.

Fortunately the livestock had been removed a week before so we didn't suffer there. Other than the phone lines getting fried, along with the modem and the satellite in the lightning strike, we fared well, other than wear and tear on my nerves and The Hubs' patience.
Tomdoss92
AG
C Loves L said:

Have you seen the Tech boards?

me neither, and it would never occur to me to look.
rockylarues
Tomdoss92 said:

C Loves L said:

Have you seen the Tech boards?

me neither, and it would never occur to me to look.

When I joined here, which was a long time ago, we played you guys every year, so the threads on here were often relevant or at least interesting to me. I was also a member of RaiderPower at the time, but have since left that site and joined Red Raider Sports, which is where I spend my message board time mostly these days. But when I joined here there were a lot of Tech fans and some horns too. I remember Sir Welker, bashriprocks, hub-city, and a horn fan whose name I can't remember, but everyone called him patch.

And thus the story of Rockylarues
Funky Winkerbean
AG
OP too dumb to get into A&M?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
GusDavid
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

C Loves L said:

Correct.
aggiebq03+
Lateralus Ag said:

C Loves L said:

You are saying he's a 2%er?
rockylarues
aggiebq03+ said:

Lateralus Ag said:

C Loves L said:

You are saying he's a 2%er?
Well said
Meximan
Lateralus Ag said:

C Loves L said:

Rocky is good people.
Meximan
Lateralus Ag said:

'Hawg is the top .1 percent of the top .1percent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.