Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's time to calm down

4,677 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aquin
Gyles Marrett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This entire meltdown is centered around Fisher's comments when hired about liking working with Woodward.

1) I am sure they do like working together but when you take a new job who doesn't say flattering things about their new boss?
2) Do we really think if all other things equal, Jimbo would have turned down our job if a different AD offered it to him?
3) They don't have to be best pals, if Jimbo has an AD that provides him all the resources he asks for he's not going to give a damn who it is.

I see it as an insult to Jimbo to think he's that weak that he'd follow an AD who's his friend around like a puppy. It comes down to my point 3. If we hire an AD that won't tell Jimbo no when he asks for what he feels he needs to win we have nothing to worry about. We have the money to not say no to any requests. LSU doesn't and he already was in a job at FSU where that caused problems.

You all are putting WAY too much emphasis on the closeness of an AD and a head football coach. Sure give Jimbo a say in who we hire but it's not like Woodward is the only AD possible Jimbo could work for.
rbcs_2
AG
Did you mean to post this yesterday?
Gyles Marrett
rbcs_2 said:

No, I had real life to take care of yesterday and never made it on here. Just got on today and saw the stupidity that was occurring. The site currently looks like a bunch of teenage girls worrying about losing their boyfriend because his best friend moved to a different city.
Grits
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

rbcs_2 said:

No, because I am a hoor

Stop hitting yourself.
. . .

85AustinAg
AG
Asking for reasonableness on the Texags Football Forum is pretty extreme don't you think?
C Loves L
DONT TELL ME WHEN TO CALM DOWN
C Loves L
. . . said:

"You calm the **** down or you're on the bench"
SgtBarbarossa
greg.w.h
AG
Woodward is missing out.
SgtBarbarossa
AgEng06
AG
Gigem713
I will treat Scott Woodward's departure like I would any recruit that decommits from Texas A&M. I wish the young man good luck and maintain my confidence that we, as a school and athletic program, will continue.
TnAg23
AG
Assuming he fires Will Wade, he will immediately have to go after a basketball coach. I'm certain that buzz is safe but how he handles that basketball hiring will tell us a lot about his actual abilities. I think A&M money and resources were a way bigger draw for Jimbo and buzz, and doubt he'll get such home run hires in Louisiana. If he does shock with this basketball hire, then I'll start worrying about Jimbo
tk for tu juan
Gyles Marrett said:

rbcs_2 said:

No, I had real life to take care of yesterday...

So today you have a fake life?
dixichkn
AG
Gigem713 said:

I will treat Scott Woodward's departure like I would any recruit that decommits from Texas A&M. I wish the young man good luck and maintain my confidence that we, as a school and athletic program, will continue.
Did he ask that we respect his decision?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Fisher wanted out of Florida State. Woodward was our foot in the door to get him. Unless I've missed something, Fisher looks content to be here, has all the support and resources he can get, and excited on building something no one ever has.
Goro Majima
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Fisher wanted out of Florida State. Woodward was our foot in the door to get him. Unless I've missed something, Fisher looks content to be here, has all the support and resources he can get, and excited on building something no one ever has.
By all accounts, Fisher is content here. And we should throw everything we can to keep it that way.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I'll calm down when Sharp walks the plank!
romanagg11
He gone.
Aquin
AG
We are not without remedies, should we choose to sue them. Personally, I think Jimbo is a good fit and I hope he has a long successful career here.

That said, I have often been critical of our contracts which seem to be drafted by a very low budget lawyer. Jimbo's contract is a curious one. It guarantees him a sum over ten years. If he wants to leave, we get nothing. There is no penalty. Maybe this was the market for such a coach when we signed him. Or, maybe it reflects our state of mind after Sumlin and everything associated with that era. Or, maybe someone on our side of the table had future plans for Jimbo.

I think if we make things uncomfortable for Jimbo and he walks, we accept it. However, should Woodward take him to LSU, I would hope that someone would consider suing the socks of the both of them. The Coaching carousel of the NCAA is a small fraternity. A suit filed in state district court in Brazos County alleging Woodward's breach of duty to us, bad faith and violation of his fiduciary obligations would draw some attention. I would have both of them served with citation during their next trip to Kyle Field. If venue remains in Brazos County, they would have some serious issues to address.

Now as soon as I make such a proposal, some good ol' boy Ags will say it would be a black eye for us, we would never get a coach(@$7.5M ??) and Aggies do not sue. Look this is one Aggie that is tired of the big school manufacturing our own Aggie jokes. Truthfully, the BMAs have historically shown that they have the gonads of a stud field mouse.

I repeat. I hope Jimbo has a long successful career here, but we are not without remedies.

OldCorpsTerd86
AG
we got our money's worth and then some with Woodward here so it's ok if he leaves. Jimbo's not going anywhere, and basketball is, well, basketball.
I am here for the comments.
Ifishandlie
AG
Read a great article on another site (247)It's not sharp causing all this. I'm a believer.

Woodward simply wanted to go home. That's all it is.

If Jimbo ever leaves here it's because we didn't offer a great work place.

Keep Jimbo happy and he ain't going anywhere.

Now I do believe if coach o tanks we'll have to pony up some cash to keep Jimbo.
HoustonAg2106
AG
I wish Jimbo would make a statement about all of this and just say that he's still committed to A&M (even if he doesn't mean it)
85AustinAg
AG
Why? The only people freaking out are right here on this forum on this thread. This concern is pure Texags groupthink.
Ifishandlie
AG
Aquin said:

We are not without remedies, should we choose to use them. Personally, I think Jimbo is a good fit and I hope he has a long successful career here.

That said, I have often been critical of our contracts which seem to be drafted by a very low budget lawyer. Jimbo's contract is a curious one. It guarantees him a sum over ten years. If he wants to leave, we get nothing. There is no penalty. Maybe this was the market for such a coach when we signed him. Or, maybe it reflects our state of mind after Sumlin and everything associated with that era. Or, maybe someone on our side of the table had future plans for Jimbo.

I think if we make things uncomfortable for Jimbo and he walks, we accept. However, should Woodward take him to LSU, I would hope that someone would consider suing the socks of the both of them. The Coaching carrousel of the NCAA is a small fraternity. A suit filed in state district court in Brazos County alleging Woodward's breach of duty to us, bad faith and violation of his fiduciary obligations would draw some attention. I would have both of them served with citation during their next trip to Kyle Field. If venue remains in Brazos County, they would have some serious issues to address.

Now as soon as I make such a proposal, some good ol' boy Ags will say it would be a black eye for us, we would never get a coach(@$7.5M ??) and Aggies do not sue. Look this is one Aggie that is tired of the big school manufacturing our own Aggie jokes. Truthfully, the BMAs have historically shown that they have the gonads of a stud field mouse.

I repeat. I hope Jimbo has a long successful career here, but we are not without remedies.

I hope this is a joke....sue a coach for leaving?? Really?

You can not be serious.

lol. No buyout ...if he leaves we owe him nothing. That's the buyout. Do you really want a guy coaching here that doesn't want to be here????

No you do not. If he wants to go, let him

Edit. You ever sue a coach and you'll never, ever, get a good one to work for you. EVER.

Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I have often been critical of our contracts which seem to be drafted by a very low budget lawyer.

More likely they are concocted by millionaires acting like low budget businessmen. Only a fool guarantees what was guaranteed Sumlin. Remember, Sumlin's agent duped them into thinking USC or the NFL were looking. A good PI or hacker would have answered that quickly. The attorney probably just did the bidding of said businessmen.

Jimbo is different. He had all the leverage.
Aquin
AG
Reread my post. Your comments were expected.

First, if I were the captain of this ship and got any inkling that our AD neglected us so that he could inventory our coach for a later job...yes, I would rain hell down upon the coach and the AD.

The only coaches that would decline to consider us would be dishonest men that feel free to break their contract at the first convenient opportunity. Now please tell me why I should be concerned about their lack of interest? Any honest coach that plans to honor his word would be happy to relieve us of $7.5M a year.

You do not have to worry. We remain a bunch of good ol' boys with a huge inferiority complex that are desperate for a NC. However, we have paid a price in the past for not protecting our flanks. I repeat, I hope Jimbo stays here a long time and wins many championships.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.