Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Football tweets

6,350 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DTuba
DTuba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could there be an impact on recruiting because of this. Many football players are posting #keepscottwoordard

I'm not sure if I've seen or heard of football players making a statement about the AD before. I also assume that they wouldn't be allowed to post that unless fisher okayed it.

Is there a legitimate concern to fisher leaving? I know that he adores the aggie network and that he is close to Houston which has the medical care needed for his child. He loved the commitment to football resourced that A&M could offer. (I know was in part to Woodard)
My Dad Earl
AG
As long as the University hires an AD that will carry on the same vision that has been in place, there's no worry about Fisher.

And I have never heard of a player committing to an AD.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Why would any recruit care who the AD is? The only reason this will be an issue is that other schools will negative recruit based off Jimbo potentially leaving because of it. Which is stupid but par for the course of negative recruiting against A&M
Tamu_mgm
AG
No. Simple answer is no. Recruits don't care who the AD is. They care who the head coach is. As long as Jimbo is here, there's nothing to worry about. Everyone just needs to chill out about this situation.
ClassOf17
Tamu_mgm said:

No. Simple answer is no. Recruits don't care who the AD is. They care who the head coach is. As long as Jimbo is here, there's nothing to worry about. Everyone just needs to chill out about this situation.

Agree BUT the freak out isn't about the players. It's about Fisher leaving because his AD is leaving.
rbcs_2
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

Agree BUT the freak out isn't about the players. It's about Fisher leaving because his AD is leaving.
Quick, someone drive by Jimbo's house to make sure there isn't a Christmas tree on the curb.
ironmanag
AG
Jimbo is not leaving.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
C Loves L
rbcs_2 said:

ClassOf17 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

Quick, someone drive by Jimbo's house to make sure there isn't a Christmas tree on the curb.

I can confirm no Christmas tree.

But there was a Easter basket thrown out
DTuba
If the players don't care about the AD why are the players tweeting the hastage with scott woodard?
rbcs_2
AG
As in current players or recruits?
DTuba
Current players. Kellen Mond, Q. Davis, etc.
TexanJeff
AG
Why would they not want to keep their AD?
AG
DTuba said:

Current players. Kellen Mond, Q. Davis, etc.

Why would Mond care? Was Woodward going to add 10 seconds to the play clock or something?
Old Sarge
AG
There WILL be a recruiting impact. Coaches, especially in Texas and Oklahoma (and the SEC sans LSU until the appropriate time), will use the Fisher -Woodward connection in negative recruiting against us.

It's probably already happening.
SA-AG72
AG
Sparkie
AG
rbcs_2 said:

ClassOf17 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

Check the mailbox!!

Punked Shank
AG
DTuba said:

If the players don't care about the AD why are the players tweeting the hastage with scott woodard?

Post proof or you are a rookie troll. Get lost.
DTuba
DTuba

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.