Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Wonder what it feels like to be the most hated person in Aggieland

10,521 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texas 1836
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sharp knows.

Actually he doesn't. That pompous ass thinks the world revolves around him. I'm ready to come to your office now. And, I'm talking about your invitation John. If Trudy is still your assistant she can call me tomorrow. You know my number.
Old RV Ag
AG
FriscoKid said:

Sharp knows.

Actually he doesn't. That pompous ass thinks the world revolves around him. I'm ready to come to your office now. And, I'm talking about your invitation John. If Trudy is still your assistant she can call me tomorrow. You know my number.
Geez kid.
gamedrunk
AG
Can someone give me a summary on why Sharp is the reason Woodward left?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
gamedrunk said:

First things first......everything that's been posted about the situation is pure speculation and second (or beyond) hand information.

That stated the rumor is that Sharp and Woodward got crossways and Woodward hit the eject button when he had the chance. Based on other stories told about Sharp over the years, it's not an unbelievable scenario. That stated, I doubt very many people on TexAgs know the actual truth.
The Debt
gamedrunk said:

1. Sharp is a condescending tw-t.
2. Woodward has been insulted by sharp multiple times
3. Woodward was not given a raise. He is not getting paid what he is worth. And its definitely not the pay that goes with the headache of Sharp.
rootube
AG
The Debt said:

gamedrunk said:

1. Sharp is a condescending tw-t.
2. Woodward has been insulted by sharp multiple times
3. Woodward was not given a raise. He is not getting paid what he is worth. And its definitely not the pay that goes with the headache of Sharp.
According to the Texas Tribune he made more than the UT AD which I assume made him the highest paid AD in Texas and likely in the top tier in the entire country. Do you want to at least explore the possibility that Woodward left to take the same job in his home state at his Alma Mater and that Sharp had nothing to do with it?
FriscoKid
AG
The tweet about it being thorny at the top was a good indicator. Also, Looch knows something. And the thread from premium with a second hand account of the way Woodward was treated. Seems like everything was pointing that way.
The Debt
But he is middle of SEC in pay. And to be perfectly honest, he deserves more for Jimbo and Buzz than whoever was "brilliant" enough to get Hotlips Herman.
rootube
AG
The Debt said:

But he is middle of SEC in pay. And to be perfectly honest, he deserves more for Jimbo and Buzz than whoever was "brilliant" enough to get Hotlips Herman.
He also made more than the old LSU AD FWIW. I have a feeling that his new salary will be in range with what he is making now. The interesting thing is that people are worried about negative recruiting at A&M because we lost our AD. Think about this. LSU has one of the best classes in the nation right now. What do you think Orgeron's chances are of coaching those kids for four years?
The Debt
rootube said:

The Debt said:

He also made more than the old LSU AD FWIW. I have a feeling that his new salary will be in range with what he is making now. The interesting thing is that people are worried about negative recruiting at A&M because we lost our AD. Think about this. LSU has one of the best classes in the nation right now. What do you think Orgeron's chances are of coaching those kids for four years?
Sounds like he is ok with a lateral move as long as he doesnt have to deal with Sharp.
theeyetest
Maybe, just maybe, and call me completely crazy, but perhaps Scott didn't really like his boss, and an opening came up in his hometown and he jumped on it.
rootube
AG
The Debt said:

rootube said:

The Debt said:

Sounds like he is ok with a lateral move as long as he doesnt have to deal with Sharp.
Yes. Because there is no drama in Louisiana politics. If it's true (and it's probably not) and he can't take the heat from Sharp god help him in Red Stick.
Meximan
I'm sure he knows but doesn't give a damn; and why should he? He runs the show, he makes the rules, he writes history.
rootube
AG
FriscoKid said:

Sharp knows.

I wonder what it feels like to be the most dramatic person on Texags?
Kbeauty63
AG
Trudy hasn't been his assistant for ~4+ years....
jwoodmd
rootube said:

FriscoKid said:

Sharp knows.

And pompous - posting on the free zoo part of Texags for John Sharp to give you a call - that's beyond John Sharp!
FriscoKid
AG
rootube said:

FriscoKid said:

Sharp knows.

Stay in your lane bro. You really have no idea what you are talking about. Trust me.
rootube
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

Are you saying that Sharp pushed out Trudy? First Trudy, and now Woodward, when will this madness end?
cevans_40
AG
The only more frustrating and disheartening than Sharp trying to turn A&M into a diploma mill for the sake of making a buck and being open to everyone is someone white knighting for him when they obviously have no clue.
The Debt
rootube said:

Kbeauty63 said:

Are you saying that Sharp pushed out Trudy? First Trudy, and now Woodward, when will this madness end?
Sumlin has lost control of the chancellor's office
Houstonag
AG
He left for two simple but important reasons.

1. Lack of respect and not being appreciated.
2. No. 1 leads to salary which is the only tangible measure of ones value to an organization.

Now , who is responsible? It belongs to his immediate management Young and Sharp.

This happens in the real business world when the CEO is not paying attention to keeping the organization health and staying competitive.

BMX Bandit
Houstonag said:

He left for two simple but important reasons.

1. Lack of respect and not being appreciated.
2. No. 1 leads to salary which is the only tangible measure of ones value to an organization.

Now , who is responsible? It belongs to his immediate management Young and Sharp.

This happens in the real business world when the CEO is not paying attention to keeping the organization health and staying competitive.

You left out one of, if not most important, factor "his dream job opened up"

Maybe he stays if he liked Sharp. Who knows. But it's not like he left for some random school
Build It
AG
Sharp is also they guy that want us to be a 100k student enrollment
PanzerAggie06
AG
Ha. Is this an attempt at humor? If so, funny.

If not.... you're truly pathetic.
Ifishandlie
AG
Sharp had nothing to do with this.

Even the "Advocate" in Baton Rouge has an article about Woodward wanting to go home. That's all it was.

monarch
S
Frisco:

Unwad your panties.

Peace for Ukraine!
Kozmozag
Rc will find out if jimbo bolts to lsu...lol
WC94
AG
Quote:

Meximan 9:36a, 4/18/19
I'm sure he knows but doesn't give a damn; and why should he? He runs the show, he makes the rules, he writes history.

Good thing he can write, since the 2020 Freshman class will not possess that skill set.
Tobias Funke
AG
FriscoKid said:

rootube said:

FriscoKid said:

Sharp knows.

Stay in your lane bro. You really have no idea what you are talking about. Trust me.

Seemed pretty spot on to me. You sound like a sad little girl
Eagle78
The only reason I have a beef with Sharp is this: his making almost a million a year to serve as Chancellor is absurd. That much money to chair a policymaking board for a public institution? That's awful. He frankly should not be paid anything. In the 1980s I was appointed by Gov. Clements to serve on Texas Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect and the Texas Children's Trust Fund. I got paid nothing other than my airfare to Austin and hotel room cost.. I understood in taking the position I was volunteering to serve the public's interest, and not make money. I gladly threw myself at the position because it pertained to an issue that was close to my heart. The idea of making money as a policy maker just turns my stomach. It is not the sort of job someone should get rich off of. Rather, it should be a volunteer position.
Old RV Ag
AG
Eagle78 said:

The only reason I have a beef with Sharp is this: his making almost a million a year to serve as Chancellor is absurd. That much money to chair a policymaking board for a public institution? That's awful. He frankly should not be paid anything. In the 1980s I was appointed by Gov. Clements to serve on Texas Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect and the Texas Children's Trust Fund. I got paid nothing other than my airfare to Austin and hotel room cost.. I understood in taking the position I was volunteering to serve the public's interest, and not make money. I gladly threw myself at the position because it pertained to an issue that was close to my heart. The idea of making money as a policy maker just turns my stomach. It is not the sort of job someone should get rich off of. Rather, it should be a volunteer position.
What bothers me is how Sharp has made himself the center of attention for A&M. I've been an Ag (and multigenerational) for a very very long time and the chancellor has traditionally been very invisible to the point that most people don't even know who the chancellor is He has imposed himself essentially to be the de facto President of the main campus as well. He needs to "sit down bus driver"
VegasAg98
AG
Dare I say.... call up Trudy on the telephone
Houstonag
AG
I do not call the LSU job a dream job. Sorry. Most of the time money and respect are the reasons.
Build It
AG
It's your dream job if you are son of Red Stick.
BMX Bandit
Houstonag said:

I do not call the LSU job a dream job. Sorry. Most of the time money and respect are the reasons.

Doesn't really matter what you call it. It's what he calls it
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.