Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I do not thing you all understand the circumstance of this f'n situation.

23,216 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Krautag81
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

AngryAG said:

The Debt said:

I dont think Jimbo would follow to LSU. LSU treats coaches terribly. The way they threw out Les is bad enough. Jimbo probably doesnt want to deal with toxic alumni and big money.

That being said, it would also require getting rid of Coach O, a native favorite. They might throw him under the bus with all these NCAA allegations. But if I were jimbo and I see a university throwing a loyal beloved coach to the wolves, that's a yuge red flag.

Except LSU has won multiple national titles in the past decade or so.
Um are we talking football? They've won 0 in the last decade.
To be fair we won two World Wars.
Aggies2009
AG
rootube said:

Aggies2009 said:

AngryAG said:

The Debt said:

I dont think Jimbo would follow to LSU. LSU treats coaches terribly. The way they threw out Les is bad enough. Jimbo probably doesnt want to deal with toxic alumni and big money.

That being said, it would also require getting rid of Coach O, a native favorite. They might throw him under the bus with all these NCAA allegations. But if I were jimbo and I see a university throwing a loyal beloved coach to the wolves, that's a yuge red flag.

That wasn't the question. Hope that helps!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
rootube said:

Aggies2009 said:

AngryAG said:

The Debt said:

Good lord. World War smack.

HoustonKid
Jesus...you young kids are dumb. Jimbo is not going anywhere.
mcag83
AG
Turtles. I like them.
Like anyone can even know that.
P.C. Principal
People freaking out about Jimbo leaving sounds like typical BAS paranoia. I'm guessing lots of folks will be rooting for LSU to go 11-1 next year.
C Loves L
#Mke said:

BrandoC said:

Woodward leaves, Jimbo leaves and we go back to f'n square one all over again. Not to mention a huge laughing stock all over the country.

Honestly if this happens, I bet we hire Chad Morris and we still end up alright because our potential as a program/university is still higher than it's ever been. He's no Jimbo, but he's still a solid coach. LSU would almost be at tu's level on the hatred scale.

Say his name one more time.... SAY IT
TowerAg90
AG
AngryAG said:

The Debt said:

A&M hasn't...that is the point. Jimbo can accomplish what hasn't been done here. He knows it. All the pieces in place. Deep pockets, the best facilities, supportive Alums, easy sell for recruits, fertile recruiting bed, SEC...and he is breathing rarefied air in terms of pay. Why would he want to leave?
Texan_21
Everyone needs to calm down. #1 We aren't a championship program right now. #2 Just because some guy decides to go back home does not mean we can't become a championship program. We're building something bigger than one man. What separates the great programs from the good programs? It's the players. We can still get them. We'll be fine. Mark my words.
hph6203
AG
Worry when Jimbo leaves or we make a terrible AD hire, until then Woodward came here and did the job he was hired to do and then left to do the job for a school he went to, it's not worth worrying about what might happen.
2nd Generation Ag
Texan we haven't won a NC in 80 years and a conference championship in 21 years. and you say we will be fine. Their is a reason we have never won and today was a great example why. It's always been a mess and poorly run. We put out leaders everyday from our school and for some reason we can't find the right leadership to run a athletic dept . It's a joke
EO718
WC94
AG
Nothing more than negative recruiting fodder. Jimbo already has a replacement AD to build our program in mind, and will have lots of influence on the hiring. Don't underestimate Jimbo's preparedness, the kind that wins Nattys.
PyriteAg
AG
WC94 said:

Nothing more than negative recruiting fodder. Jimbo already has a replacement AD to build our program in mind, and will have lots of influence on the hiring. Don't underestimate Jimbo's preparedness, the kind that wins Nattys.

What's your source for this?
Dr. Teeth
AG
The Debt said:

I dont think Jimbo would follow to LSU. LSU treats coaches terribly.
This.

Has LSU ever given a coach an extension and a huge raise after a 7-5 season where they lost 4 or the last five games and got curbstomped in a bowl? Because we have.

Texas A&M is easy money. LSU actually has expectations.
WC94
AG
Quote:

What's your source for this?

Saban, Dabo, and Jimbo don't answer to AD's, since they make 6 million dollars more per year.
85AustinAg
AG
Sam the Sham 2
bigjag19 said:

Doesn't LSU have financial woes?
No.
Old Sarge
AG
bigjag19 said:

Coonasses would feed their offspring from a garbage dumpster if it meant they could have "the right football coach".

Money is not an object to them. They lack of sanity and decorum.
aeon-ag
BrandoC said:

Woodward leaves, Jimbo leaves and we go back to f'n square one all over again. Not to mention a huge laughing stock all over the country.
If this happens what the hell are YOU going to do about it. Why don't you worry about which beer you're going to drink at which joint this weekend with which sugar britches you're gong to take with you!
nortex97
AG
Woodward will want to replace Orgeron at some point, but there is a good chance he will also come up with a new name at that time (probably not next year). Have to hope we can win the SECW at some point in the next couple years.
jja79
AG
Orgeron won 9 and then 10 games in 2 full seasons. Finished top 10 with NY6 bowl win over the defending national champions UCF. He's recruiting lights out and will be top 10 preseason this year. He recently signed an extension. Why do some people think they're looking to get rid of him?
GusDavid
AG
Dario said:

The Debt said:

Never underestimate what measures LSU would take to get Jimbo.
Correct. I don't know if Jimbo will go or not, but there is no doubt there will be LSU money after him. You cannot imagine the disfunction in Louisiana and LSU. The state is broke, oil runs the entire budget, not just the discretionary purchases. There are those that would close the English Dept to run the football program, but the political will isn't all there if LSU is not wining.
agent-maroon
AG
jja79 said:

Orgeron won 9 and then 10 games in 2 full seasons. Finished top 10 with NY6 bowl win over the defending national champions UCF. He's recruiting lights out and will be top 10 preseason this year. He recently signed an extension. Why do some people think they're looking to get rid of him?
Posted this on another thread, but all of my in-laws are LSU fans and they merely tolerate Coach O. They're calling for his head every time they have a 3 & out and have to punt the freakin ball. He could have 10 win seasons from now to retirement but they would fire him if he couldn't beat Bama two years in a row. Losing to us doesn't help him out much, either.

His situation with their fans is not unlike that of a certain current SEC interim AD's tenure as a HC at a school you might know and love. Just sayin...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr_mo8268
AG
It's people like the OP that get us laughed at. Calm down Kevin. Quit with your loser mentality.
AgFlags74
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

annie88 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

Who the hell wants to live in Baton Rouge as a grown ass adult.
Well he's a Baton Rouge native and LSU graduate. Not that hard to understand, probably has family there.

And as an achieving athletic department, LSU is light years ahead of us as far as accomplishments. LSU has multiple nattys in baseball and football in recent decades, and has been to multiple final fours. A&M hasn't sniffed any of that on the men's side since a pre-WWII title.

Looks like he left for a better program, and his home.

If one would research in detail Aggie history (emphasis on pre 1975), one would be absolutely amazed to find that A&M won ANY games in ANY sports given our HUGE competitive disadvantages. Loyalty, intense passion, rousing yells and stirring Band music, the 12th Man standing at games... great, but none of that alone makes tackles, hits home runs, pitches shutouts, scores touchdowns. We had a tiny, all-male all-military student body to draw from. Our facilities and donor money were NOTHING compared to the likes of our competition. Our location was "in the desert" compared to even other small colleges. It was the brink of a world war in 1939, so it's no coincidence that we finally had enough talent to beat some quality teams.

The USA in 1839 was totally incapable of being the Arsenal of Democracy it would mature into by 1939. Why do many of us continue to "punish" ourselves by wailing about our "sports ineptitude" during our years before the mid 1970s (when scholarship limits began to level the playing field somewhat, for all colleges), when we truly had next to NOTHING to put ON a sports field, much less win??? Lol!
AgFlags74 - College Station TX
terata
AG
"Jesus...you young kids are dumb. Jimbo is not going anywhere."

I sure hope you're right. Keep this in mind, R.C. was not a championship coach, he wasn't a great coach, merely a good one. That'll be the same level of "excellence" he'll bring as an interim AD.
schmellba99
AG
BrandoC said:

You have the drizzles yet?

If not, they will be coming soon with the unnecessary worry you go through.
longeryak
bigjag19 said:

For athletics? Only because the LSU BMDs hate Alleva. With his removal cash will flow again.

EDIT- never mind Slicer already covered this.
halfastros81
AG
LSU football may not have financial issues although there is the problem with the politics of paying coaches big $$ when the State's finances are problematic.
wbt5845
AG
Everyone needs to calm down about Jimbo...

... and let Jimbo pick the next AD.
Krautag81
Dario said:

The Debt said:

Never underestimate what measures LSU would take to get Jimbo.
Who in their right mind would want to live in the Baton Rouge........hell hole?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.