Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I do not thing you all understand the circumstance of this f'n situation.

23,210 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Krautag81
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woodward leaves, Jimbo leaves and we go back to f'n square one all over again. Not to mention a huge laughing stock all over the country.
Crocs
AG
Believe me we understand the circumstances
EastSideAg2002
BrandoC said:

Woodward leaves, Jimbo leaves and we go back to f'n square one all over again. Not to mention a huge laughing stock all over the country.
Texags Knows Stuff Sir!
NoahAg
It's called "Aggie-ing."
BenFiasco14
AG
Thanks OP this definitely deserved a new thread
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
MSFC Aggie
AG
I thought we all had PhD's in BAS...
#Mke
AG
BrandoC said:

Honestly if this happens, I bet we hire Chad Morris and we still end up alright because our potential as a program/university is still higher than it's ever been. He's no Jimbo, but he's still a solid coach. LSU would almost be at tu's level on the hatred scale.
wyoag93
AG
Jimbo will be here next year, regardless of what happens. If he goes 7-5 or 8-4, will LSU match his remaining contract at A&M and lure him away? If he goes 10-2 or 11-1, will A&M offer a contract extension? There is a lot of speculation, but Jimbo's contract is pretty freaking powerful at this point, even without a buyout. Woodward is going to do what is best for Woodward, and Jimbo will do what is best for Jimbo. I'm sure Woodward is good, but he wouldn't be as good if he didn't have the resources that allowed him to hire Jimbo.

I hope we keep Woodward, but if it's already a done deal, I'm sure we will continue to support Jimbo's vision for the football program.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
BrandoC said:

Seriously? It's literally what EVERYONE discussing the Woodward situation is worrying about. EVERYONE.
This thread is dumb and unnecessary. -_-
Ajollyag
#Mke said:

BrandoC said:

Honestly if this happens, I bet we hire Chad Morris and we still end up alright because our potential as a program/university is still higher than it's ever been. He's no Jimbo, but he's still a solid coach. LSU would almost be at tu's level on the hatred scale.

You have to be a troll. Right? Like you cant honestly feel this way?
ReincarnatedAg
PyriteAg
AG
#Mke said:

BrandoC said:

Really hope you're just joking.
The Debt
I dont think Jimbo would follow to LSU. LSU treats coaches terribly. The way they threw out Les is bad enough. Jimbo probably doesnt want to deal with toxic alumni and big money.

That being said, it would also require getting rid of Coach O, a native favorite. They might throw him under the bus with all these NCAA allegations. But if I were jimbo and I see a university throwing a loyal beloved coach to the wolves, that's a yuge red flag.
PyriteAg
AG
The Debt said:

I dont think Jimbo would follow to LSU. LSU treats coaches terribly. The way they threw out Les is bad enough. Jimbo probably doesnt want to deal with toxic alumni and big money.

That being said, it would also require getting rid of Coach O, a native favorite. They might throw him under the bus with all these NCAA allegations. But if I were jimbo and I see a university throwing a loyal beloved coach to the wolves, that's a yuge red flag.

Never underestimate what measures LSU would take to get Jimbo.
bigjag19
AG
Doesn't LSU have financial woes?
#Mke
AG
ajolly said:

#Mke said:

BrandoC said:

I'm just as scared as everybody else (I've been switching between TexAgs and TigerDroppings for the last hour or so), but in the end, the absolute worst case scenario is Jimbo follows Woodward to LSU, which already is a long-shot, pretty unlikely. Even IF that happens, we still have the SEC, top notch facilities, amazing recruiting base and fanbase, and a solid coach (Chad Morris) to fall back on if this unlikely worst case scenario actually unfolds.
Slicer97
AG
bigjag19 said:

Doesn't LSU have financial woes?

The school does. The AD only has monetary issues due to their big cigars' dislike of Alleva. Now that he's out of the picture, the AD will have plenty of cash once a suitable replacement is hired.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Who the hell wants to live in Baton Rouge as a grown ass adult.
The Debt
Dario said:

The Debt said:

The point went way over your head.

I'm not saying LSU wouldnt do whatever it takes to get rid of Coach O for Jimbo, I'm saying Jimbo would witness what they've done to their last two coaches and would realize that they could ruin him.

Imagine if he pisses off the LSU money and they put the NCAA on him. His career and legacy is over.
PyriteAg
AG
The Debt said:

Dario said:

The Debt said:

I'm not saying LSU wouldnt do whatever it takes to get rid of Coach O for Jimbo, I'm saying Jimbo would witness what they've done to their last two coaches and would realize that they could ruin him.

Imagine if he pisses off the LSU money and they put the NCAA on him. His career and legacy is over.
And I think you overestimate A&M's influence without Woodward.

Jimbo became our football coach because of Woodward. Maybe there are some other small reasons he stated, but in the end, it's Woodward, period. So, if the AD leaves for another school, we just lost the one big thing that got Jimbo here in the first place.

Also, LSU's athletics with Woodward at helm would most likely be very different and look very appealing to him, or any great coach for that matter. Sure, there might be a small chance he stays with us, but you have to admit the chances are slim.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Dario said:

The Debt said:

Dario said:

The Debt said:

Jimbo became our football coach because of Woodward. Maybe there are some other small reasons he stated, but in the end, it's Woodward, period. So, if the AD leaves for another school, we just lost the one big thing that got Jimbo here in the first place.

Also, LSU's athletics with Woodward at helm would most likely be very different and look very appealing to him, or any great coach for that matter. Sure, there might be a small chance he stays with us, but you have to admit the chances are slim.
Woodward may have gotten him here, but now that he's been here he's got to see the reasons for staying. I think some of y'all just assuming Jimbo will follow Woodward like an imprinted duckling or something are way off base. It's actually pretty insulting to Jimbo.

Now.....if the Sharp stuff is true and he starts stirring Jimbo's chili, then we got a problem.
The Debt
Dario I think you believe Jimbo is attached to Woodwards dck.

Jimbo didnt go to FSU because of Woodward. Woodward didnt pull Jimbo to Washington. Just because they had a working relationship, it doesnt mean they are connected at the mouth.
DukeMu
#Mke said:

ajolly said:

#Mke said:

BrandoC said:

I'm just as scared as everybody else (I've been switching between TexAgs and TigerDroppings for the last hour or so), but in the end, the absolute worst case scenario is Jimbo follows Woodward to LSU, which already is a long-shot, pretty unlikely. Even IF that happens, we still have the SEC, top notch facilities, amazing recruiting base and fanbase, and a solid coach (Chad Morris) to fall back on if this unlikely worst case scenario actually unfolds.

Troll, troll, troll your boat.

FIRE SHARP NOW.
StickTogetherAgs
Jimbo retires as an Aggie.
annie88
AG
O'Doyle Rules said:

Well he's a Baton Rouge native and LSU graduate. Not that hard to understand, probably has family there.
#Mke
AG
DukeMu said:

#Mke said:

ajolly said:

#Mke said:

BrandoC said:

Troll, troll, troll your boat.

FIRE SHARP NOW.

What part do you disagree with? Just curious.
cecil77
AG
Jimbo has a blank check here. He won't at an LSU.

Jimbo can become a legend here. Our only legend. He can't at LSU.

Why on earth does everyone think the man has no integrity and will run off with an AD?
The Chicken Ranch
AG
annie88 said:

O'Doyle Rules said:

Well he's a Baton Rouge native and LSU graduate. Not that hard to understand, probably has family there.

And as an achieving athletic department, LSU is light years ahead of us as far as accomplishments. LSU has multiple nattys in baseball and football in recent decades, and has been to multiple final fours. A&M hasn't sniffed any of that on the men's side since a pre-WWII title.

Looks like he left for a better program, and his home.
AngryAG
The Debt said:

Except LSU has won multiple national titles in the past decade or so.
Grits
AG
BrandoC said:

Mail your diploma back to TAMU ya BAS infested coward.
Cy_Tolliver
i gotta say, i often think there are posts on here when coaches who aren't performing just so people can pose as the 'good Ag' by attacking other Ags even when a coach obviously is not performing to a championship level. it's like Aggie virtue signaling. However, there is simply nothing to suggest Jimbo walks away from 9 years, 67.5 million dollars because an AD left.
PyriteAg
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Dario said:

The Debt said:

Dario said:

The Debt said:

Woodward may have gotten him here, but now that he's been here he's got to see the reasons for staying. I think some of y'all just assuming Jimbo will follow Woodward like an imprinted duckling or something are way off base. It's actually pretty insulting to Jimbo.

Now.....if the Sharp stuff is true and he starts stirring Jimbo's chili, then we got a problem.
Yeah, now that my meltdown cooled down, I can see your and The Debt's point. I still hope for a good AD hire; at least that would make this easy to pass over.
agent-maroon
AG
The Debt said:

All of my in-laws are LSU fans. They tolerate coach O, but they're not in love with him. He's always going to be one meh season away from getting fired.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PyriteAg
AG
Gotta admit, looking back at this meltdown, it was pretty hilarious, myself included. I dunno how some of you guys manage to stay calm throughout all this. You guys have my respect.
Aggies2009
AG
AngryAG said:

The Debt said:

Except LSU has won multiple national titles in the past decade or so.
Um are we talking football? They've won 0 in the last decade.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.