Sponsored by

DMN Reporting on Lsu eyeing Woodward

19,636 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by frogagg
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of smoke on tiger droppings right now and looks like Looch posted an update on premium. Not looking good for us keeping him. Will be a damn shame to lose him.
Alpha Texan
AG
we knew this would happen eventually, right?
Not a Bot
AG
Hopefully it doesn't happen.
Jbob04
AG
Perhaps, but not after only being here a few years and he should have comfy job after hiring Jimbo and Buzz. LSU is a dumpster fire right now and if he is willing to go there, it's pretty telling that our good ol boys are still screwing things up as they have all along.
evanpd16
IMO I don't see why he'd go to that chaotic program that is LSU, especially after all the praise he's gotten for jimbo and now buzz
AgsWin2011
AG
Listening to The Zone on my way to lunch they said that Looch said it's all but a done deal. Apparently it's not a money/homecoming deal. Made it sound like he got sideways with someone.
technoviking
AG
I wonder if it was Sharp?
TexasAGGIEinAR
I'm afraid if he goes, Jimbo follows. They worked together at LSU previously and Jimbo spoke very well of Woodward during his tenure there. If Jimbo voluntarily leaves, nobody owes anybody a dime. You know good and well that Orgeron isn't going to last there. This could be nightmarish.
Jbob04
AG
technoviking said:

That was my guess as well. He has screwed a lot of things up at Tamu and looks to be contuing his ways.
AGSWON
AG
His stock is at an all time high right now after those 2 hires. That is why he might take the LSU gig. He can demand a high price tag for his salary. He is an LSU grad, so you can't blame the guy if he wants to return home.
Leander - Ag
AG
blank check for this guy...
ReincarnatedAg
Ben Baby
ingramsh
AG
Quote:

Perhaps, but not after only being here a few years and he should have comfy job after hiring Jimbo and Buzz. LSU is a dumpster fire right now and if he is willing to go there, it's pretty telling that our good ol boys are still screwing things up as they have all along.
I think your assessment is a bit overboard. Are our 'good ol boys' still screwing it up? Maybe, not out of the realm of possibility. But I don't think Woodward's potential move to LSU is indicative of that.

For Woodward, he's made two slam dunk hires here at A&M with Jimbo and Buzz. There's not going to be anymore headline hires for at least a few years at A&M in the major sports, more than likely it will be longer than a few years. I'm not saying he's chasing headlines but Woodward has built a reputation on hiring high profile coaches (Peterson at UW before). Top all of that with the fact that Woodword is an LSU alum and LSU athletics appear to be headed in the direction of needing a new hand or two. I imagine this is a big draw for Woodward.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it appears to be only a matter of time until Woodward 'goes home', despite whether or not our 'good ol boys' are still up to their regular shenanigans.
EastSideAg2002
technoviking said:

What about Billy's church buddies?
Ajollyag
Wonder if woodward knew he was going to lsu before he made the jimbo hire.

Contract for Jimbo would say so. No buyout clause, Jimbo could just move to LSU without any repercussions.
Ajollyag
If you look at it this way,

If alleva had been fired when miles was out. Woodward may have been hired at LSU then and hired Jimbo there instead of here.
ingramsh
AG
Quote:

Contract for Jimbo would say so. No buyout clause, Jimbo could just move to LSU without any repercussions.
Serious? If Jimbo wanted to go to LSU he would have done it a couple years ago.
Jbob04
AG
ajolly said:

This is the main concern with this situation. Oregeron might make it another couple of years and I could easily see Jimbo following him there. Jimbo has said how important Woodward was to his decision to come to Tamu.
ReincarnatedAg
I know everyone at LSU hates Alleva but I thought their real problem is with the President? Until he is gone nothing changes? So why would Woodward go if Alexander is hanging around?
AgsWin2011
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

I'm afraid if he goes, Jimbo follows. They worked together at LSU previously and Jimbo spoke very well of Woodward during his tenure there. If Jimbo voluntarily leaves, nobody owes anybody a dime. You know good and well that Orgeron isn't going to last there. This could be nightmarish.

Surely this isn't true on Jimbo's contract is it? He can walk away and go coach somewhere else without that other school having to pay a buyout?
Ajollyag
ingramsh said:

Quote:

Jimbo has gone on several occassions that it was his reationship with woodward that brought him here. That relationship going to lsu where jimbo was part of a national championship team could spell disaster for us. If it's sharp that is causing this, he needs to get gone. He's been terrible for this university
Amazing Moves
ajolly said:

That would be pretty much using A&M like a cheap *****.
Jbob04
AG
Heismenberg said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Surely this isn't true on Jimbo's contract is it? He can walk away and go coach somewhere else without that other school having to pay a buyout?

Yes, Jimbo could leave tomorrow and we wouldn't get paid a dime. Aggie jokes continue to write themselves.
Alpha Texan
AG
Jbob04 said:

I see your point, but we were not near where we are now in January of 2016 when we hired him. That was around the time that I recall Sumlin was losing support aggie football fans with a late season collapse and a 5th straight loss to LSU and it was also before aggie basketball got to 2 Sweet 16s. If the money's right, I expect him to leave, just like how Buzz came back to us. money and home make a good argument to anybody. But yeah, LSU is a dumpster fire indeed.

edit: word on the street is that relationships were broken and sides were takeen among some people like woodward and sharp.
ingramsh
AG
ajolly said:

ingramsh said:

Quote:

Jimbo has gone on several occassions that it was his reationship with woodward that brought him here. That relationship going to lsu where jimbo was part of a national championship team could spell disaster for us. If it's sharp that is causing this, he needs to get gone. He's been terrible for this university
I see common sense has flew the coop. Good luck with your hypotheses fellas.
technoviking
AG
ReincarnatedAg said:

I know everyone at LSU hates Alleva but I thought their real problem is with the President? Until he is gone nothing changes? So why would Woodward go if Alexander is hanging around?

From elsewhere:

Quote:

Don't think you see Woodward as a realistic option without more change than just the AD. It's going to be hard to hire a top-notch guy like him unless there is change at the top of the food chain.
Alleva was a part of the problem but those above him had a bigger impact in reasons he will be let go, so why would a guy like Woodward leave the gold mine he presides over in College Station for the political mess in Baton Rouge?
Same for Dan Radakovich and what he runs at Clemson right now.
I fully expect LSU to hire from internally unless there is more housecleaning above the AD.

The Woodward not being a realistic option is likely old news at this point, but the rest pertains to your question.

Quote:

It's the school president's job to oversee the AD, but he has proven to be completely incompetent in arguably the two biggest debables in the 126 year history of LSU athletics. If I'm an executive at a great job, I would never leave my prime spot to hitch my wagon to that idiot. Furthermore, you have the dumbass governor and numerous other politicians getting involved in the LSU AD. I hope Woodward/Radikovich's love for LSU far outweighs their trepedations of the political bull**** you have to deal with at LSU, but you couldn't blame them if they wanted no part of it either.
Post removed:
by user
Ajollyag
Fire Sharp! Keep Woodward!
Aston 91
AG
I used to think the AD wasn't really all that important a position, since big money donors probably have more influence in selection of the football coach than the AD. But since I live in Austin, I got to see up close the sh*tshow Steve Patterson put on in his brief tenure, and decided that maybe a competent AD is a good idea.
Ajollyag
If jimbo has woodwards back, He gone too
MaxPower
ajolly said:

If jimbo has woodwards back, He gone too
Urban Meyer come on down!
LaTex
Joe Alleva, LSU AD, would like to say hello.
. . .
Quote:

http://footballscoop.com/news/jimbo-fisher-no-buyout-leaves-texas/

If A&M fires Fisher without cause, the school would owe him the full remainder of the contract, with 25 percent due within 60 days, and he would get to keep every penny even if he took another job down the road.

If Fisher sours on A&M, he can leave immediately with zero penalty. The legalese of Fisher's buyout is basically, "We tried really hard to get you here and would be very hurt if you left, so please don't."

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.