Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Birmingham v Johnny Football

18,825 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KW Driver
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
doesn't it look like johnny is wearing one of those stupid silicone wedding rings?
Lateralus Ag
AG
Why do you people have to be critical of everything?

Most people wear them for practical reasons.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Aren't you the one who, on another thread, was critical of my signature line?
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Lateralus Ag
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Aren't you the one who, on another thread, was critical of my signature line?

No, I was critical of your hypocrisy.
AG
RC_57 said:

Looks like Johnny is going in

Dry?
spherical
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

A) I just meant - isn't it supposedly over
B) Whilw we're discussing it, I don't understand not being able to go a couple hours without your wedding ring on. Are they gonna forget they are married? Is there a chance of them getting picked up while playing football?
C) edit: also you're THE Lateralus Ag of the ridiculous game thread meltdowns right?
Lateralus Ag
AG
spherical said:

Lateralus Ag said:

A) I just meant - isn't it supposedly over
B) Whilw we're discussing it, I don't understand not being able to go a couple hours without your wedding ring on. Are they gonna forget they are married? Is there a chance of them getting picked up while playing football?

A. Might be the reason for B.
zephyr88
AG
spherical said:

doesn't it look like johnny is wearing one of those stupid silicone wedding rings?
Username is ironic
Raptor
AG
Ol Rock said:

Bertolet cost his team the game, so some things never change.

3/4 on the night and his miss was 54 yards...after nailing two 50+ yarders.

He didn't throw the pick two.

He didn't give up 19 points.

He represented himself well.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

ashley
Some guys are in professions where they are muck more practical.
swc93
AG
Canyon99 said:

Interesting that his entire professional career has been with the worst teams in their respective leagues.
Poor teams make poor choices; repeatedly.
C Loves L
Lateralus Ag said:

Laugh/cry
TxAg76
AG
decent looking Ag said:

Watching Johnny play post-college has been incredibly frustrating, and it has nothing to do with him. In every league he has played in (NFL, CFL, and AAF), he has been on the worst team in that league. And when he does see the field, his offensive line is just abysmal.

Just once, I'd like to see him play somewhere the rest of his team isn't a dumpster fire.

It has a ton do do with him. He train-wrecked his career after how he spiraled out of control w the Browns.
The good teams aren't going to roll the dice on him because he's proven to be a wild card, and they aren't that desperate.
The desperate teams take a flyer on him because they're desperate and don't have anything to lose at that point. And even some of the desperate teams still decide to pass on him and not roll the dice.
sleepybeagle
AG
Quote:

No, I was critical of your hypocrisy.
But being judgmental is ok?
agz win
AG
Crystal Poe is redass.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/03/25/johnny-manziel-aaf-memphis-express-debut/3266059002/
Faustus
From that article:

Quote:

. . .To start, Manziel showed up wearing a Memphis Grizzlies No. 25 Chandler Parsons jersey and then Parsons was seated at the 50-yard line wearing a No. 2 Johnny Manziel Memphis Express jersey.

The Express gave away Manziel T-shirts to anyone who bought $30 worth of tickets and Manziel replica jerseys to anyone who spent $90, and then started Silvers at quarterback. . . .

The Parsons thing is pretty funny.
agz win
AG
Good article. Looks like Saturday's game is now on TNT.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/aaf-football/2019/03/27/johnny-manziel-aaf-brandon-silvers-memphis-express/3273946002/

"Sure, the announced crowd of more than 13,000 at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium for last week's 31-25 overtime win against the Birmingham Iron wanted to see more Manziel and weren't shy about letting everyone know it but head coach Mike Singletary knew he had the right formula. And, for the immediate future, he doesn't intend to stray from it much. He's already announced Silvers will start against the Orlando Apollos (1 p.m. Saturday on TNT) in a must-win game if the Express are to keep their very slim playoff hopes alive.

"We're excited to have Johnny, trust me," Singletary said. "And he's gonna do some great things before it's all said and done for this team."
For now, both Manziel and Silvers are embracing the timeshare and each other.
"It's really the whole quarterback room," Manziel said. "This is the best quarterback room I've been in since Texas A&M. We get along. We got on the golf course (Monday) and had some fun. There's no animosity.
"It's like, 'Listen, you balled. Hopefully, I was able to come in and provide a little bit of a spark that got us going a little bit. If that's my role for this game and it expands moving forward, I'm going to support you and hopefully you support me.' There's nothing wrong with having a two-headed attack moving forward.""
KW Driver
Tantal said:

hunter2012 said:

mel99 said:

I just turned it on. Why did they take out Johnny?

• Minor league team coaching
  • Give multiple QBs exposure since it's minor league
  • Johnny has been there a week and likely knows very little of the playbook

I would imagine it's mostly the latter. How many plays can you really perfect in a week? He probably has less than 10 plays in his repertoire at this point.
Are every team's playbooks really that different. I feel like there are a decent amount of plays that pretty much everyone runs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.