Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Oh boy

10,966 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggieclay
class_of_26_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/BuKk67ylEkc

Looks like the kids want it. This is barstool so I don't know how accurate this is but hopefully they're less insane in four years when I'm a college student.
agsalaska
AG
I'm class of '99 and I want it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
technoviking
AG
bringing back the rivalry discussions are the first stage of off season. next comes spring camp talk. can't wait.
Phog06
AG
NEVER again!
PyriteAg
AG
Reading that comment section is like reading a thread from Old Rivalries.
Grits
AG
Eventually yes. It wouldn't happen for another decade though due to scheduling.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
_mpaul
AG
I'm fine with bringing it back as long as we do it on our terms. And I'm totally fine with trying to time it so they're down and we're up at the time. They took their ball and went home. We're the boss now, time to act like it.

Although I have no faith that Young will ever think that way.
Flashdiaz
AG
every time someone starts a thread about bringing back the aTm v tu game, an angel cries
Kozmozag
No
Sponge
AG
Good. I'm sick of saying "take it to the OR board."
Ihatefallscounty
AG
technoviking said:

bringing back the rivalry discussions are the first stage of off season. next comes spring camp talk. can't wait.
we forgot about left handed rings and aggie illuminati, and the steam tunnels. these need to be inserted somehwere this offseason
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Class of 65
AG
agsalaska said:

You will be sorry They will kick our ass and dominate recruiting like never befrore
chevy con queso
AG
Flashdiaz said:

every time someone starts a thread about bringing back the aTm v tu game, an angel cries

Yes, because God kills a puppy every time it's brought up.
YankAg13
AG
EAD 65 said:

agsalaska said:

You will be sorry They will kick our ass and dominate recruiting like never befrore
Like Alabama does every year. That's the game I'd really like to stop playing.
Leeman
Where is the link to vote (NO!) ?
CoachLB
I read an article where one of our student leaders brought up starting the game again after a Texas student government leader called and asked about it. Our students got played by Texas and do not even realize it. So go ahead go back to the ex. It will be fine. A loving equal relationship I am sure.
Meximan
EAD 65 said:

agsalaska said:

tu loses to Maryland.

A&M narrowly loses to Clemson.

One of these things is not like the other.
West Point Aggie
AG
What these sunshine's don't realize is their little vote is tantamount to squat...this Will or Will not happen at a very high political level not because what some barely post pubescent gen Xers want it
technoviking
AG
the grant of rights for the big 12 is up in 2025. through 2023 they have SEC foes in LSU, Arky and Bama scheduled. i don't think this is a coincidence. if y'all want tu in the SEC after 2025, then by all means opt to schedule them.
Agvet12
AG
technoviking said:

the grant of rights for the big 12 is up in 2025. through 2023 they have SEC foes in LSU, Arky and Bama scheduled. i don't think this is a coincidence. if y'all want tu in the SEC after 2025, then by all means opt to schedule them.

The sips won't get the votes necessary to get into the SEC lol - OU on the other hand would
howdy2u
AG
It is foolish to enter into a multi-million deal with a partner who has previously proven themselves selfish and untrustworthy.
technoviking
AG
Agvet12 said:

technoviking said:

The sips won't get the votes necessary to get into the SEC lol - OU on the other hand would
you had better be right about that. i for one would rather not give them the further benefit of association via a meaningless nonconference game.
Agvet12
AG
technoviking said:

Agvet12 said:

technoviking said:

you had better be right about that. i for one would rather not give them the further benefit of association via a meaningless nonconference game.

Well no **** **** a monkeys uncle were in the same boat - I'm on the same side of don't schedule the sips.
technoviking
AG
Agvet12 said:

technoviking said:

Agvet12 said:

technoviking said:

Well no **** **** a monkeys uncle were in the same boat - I'm on the same side of don't schedule the sips.
good!
Leander - Ag
AG
no
Krazykat
AG
Reinstating the game does nothing for us. Let it die.
Million
You people are obsessed. It's quite pathetic.
BQAG02
AG
Of course our current students want the game. They were probably in middle school the last time it was played. They heard about the rivalry but many have never experienced it first hand during a game. They give zero ****s about the baggage t.u. brings, they just want to see a game people talked about and to post about it on social media.

Although since we're not a rival of the horns - according to them - I can't explain why their students want it back.
DGAG92
AG
They need the game to legitimize their pathetic existence. They've become the joke of the south....."Texas is Back" is now the punchline to many jokes regarding the sips and their remedial program. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire....let'em whither on the vine with the rest of those BDF tomatoes.
Class of 1992
Agijud
AG
In the student results, they didnt post the number of valid ballots for this "election". The largest number posted was for Senior Yell Leader. It constituted 19% of the students who voted. Assuming same number voted for this, and 84% said yes, then the real number is that only "15% of the active students" voted for the game. That means 85% either voted against it or could care less.
PyriteAg
AG
When will this thread ever die
GinMan
AG
howdy2u said:

It is foolish to enter into a multi-million deal with a partner who has previously proven themselves selfish and untrustworthy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AggieDruggist89
AG
You avoid stepping on dog crap not because you're scared. You avoid it because it stinks and nasty.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Druggist nailed it...
"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." Benjamin Franklin
aggieband 83
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

You avoid stepping on dog crap not because you're scared. You avoid it because it stinks and nasty.
Amen!
Aggie Band not the easiest but the Best.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.