Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If I were pressed, guess I'd take the Aggies to cover early in the season

8,121 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
ClemsonTig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking forward to this game already.

rootube
AG
ClemsonTig said:

Whoah. -20.5 at Clemson. Fisher should print this out and put it on the bulletin board. Or in our case the 80" display that is used to post things that used to go on a cork board with thumb tacks.
Tamu_mgm
AG
That is a huge lack of respect to put A&M as a 3 TD underdog against Clemson. What a joke. I'd take that every day and twice on Sundays.

A&M is going to give Clemson a good game.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Doesn't Clemson return a bunch of starters? I thought I saw 8 on defense and 7 on offense.

We are replacing:

3/4 DL
2/2 LB
2/5 DB (worst unit last year)

2/5 OL (2 on the depth chart have played significantly)
1/1 RB who took his game to the next level
1/1 Badazz TE

We probably have the DL talent in the program. The LBs are questionable- the good ones have been injured. We had a young CB and FS come on strong at the end of the year. We brought in a bigtime Juco CB. WE also brought in several HS DBs. The depth at DB is questionable until proven otherwise.

Assuming no surprises and turnovers even, the final should be Clemson by 10-13.
ClemsonTig
As for Clemson, we lose our starting DL which will hurt. They may have been the best ever. Our defense won't be #1 but will go back to Top 15 in the country.

Next year's Clemson offense has the ability to be among the best in the HISTORY of college football.

A big reason we have not suffered massive drop-offs -- even after losing a ton of guys -- is Dabo is adamant the assistant coaches substitute.

Last year in College Station -- in only our second game of the season -- all 72 guys on the travel team played quality minutes. We have a number of games where we played 50+ players in the 1st Q of competitive games. That is really unusual in college football.

It's also a reason we don't blow people out of the water early in the season. Dabo is a big believer in getting young players into the game -- in tight situations -- to help them grow and improve. It pays off later in the year and the following years as well.
Predmid
AG
Clemson is losing a lot of experience on the defense. Losing their entire starting DL, starting LB, and two DBs to the draft.

Not to say that the ample recruiting talent they have behind them won't be formidable, but all signs point to them taking a bit of a step back.
rootube
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Doesn't Clemson return a bunch of starters? I thought I saw 8 on defense and 7 on offense.

We are replacing:

3/4 DL
2/2 LB

1/1 Badazz TE

We probably have the DL talent in the program. The LBs are questionable- the good ones have been injured. We had a young CB and FS come on strong at the end of the year. We brought in a bigtime Juco CB. WE also brought in several HS DBs. The depth at DB is questionable until proven otherwise.

By my calculations (using the depth chart on Texags) we are returning 7 on offense if you count sets where we use a fullback 8 in sets with no fullback and 5 on defense. So yes there are some holes to fill on defense.

On defense:
DL - Brown and Pevey played so much and so well we should be OK there.
LB - We have very talented players who could do great if they can stay healthy. There is no sugar coating this area we need to have guys stay healthy and play up to their ability to be our best.
DB - We had a ton of guys play who are returning and some highly recruited new guys. No sugar coating this one either getting your first real test against elite competition against Trevor Lawrence in death valley will be a tall order here since he most recently made some Bama studs look bad.
Wabs
AG
ClemsonTig said:

As for Clemson, we lose our starting DL which will hurt. They may have been the best ever. Our defense won't be #1 but will go back to Top 15 in the country.

Next year's Clemson offense has the ability to be among the best in the HISTORY of college football.

A big reason we have not suffered massive drop-offs -- even after losing a ton of guys -- is Dabo is adamant the assistant coaches substitute.

Last year in College Station -- in only our second game of the season -- all 72 guys on the travel team played quality minutes. We have a number of games where we played 50+ players in the 1st Q of competitive games. That is really unusual in college football.

It's also a reason we don't blow people out of the water early in the season. Dabo is a big believer in getting young players into the game -- in tight situations -- to help them grow and improve. It pays off later in the year and the following years as well.
It's not like it was A&M's 7th or 8th game of the season....
Fireman
AG
Should be an exciting game to watch. Two high powered offenses, which will likely look like a big 12 game. I'll take the over, and the Aggies to cover 20.5. I'd be comfortable having the Aggies cover 14, so 20.5 is a gift.
NoahAg
I can see us losing by 20, but man that's a big spread.

Clemson: 38
Ags: 20
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
ClemsonTig said:

A big reason we have not suffered massive drop-offs -- even after losing a ton of guys -- is Dabo is adamant the assistant coaches substitute provide quality PEDs to the players.

FIFY
aggieaviator
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

We are replacing:

3/4 DL
2/2 LB

1/1 Badazz TE

There's always year after next....
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
If Clemson can beat Alabama by three touchdowns it's not that unfathomable to beat us by that as well. If Clemson beats us by any less we'll be the unanimous #1 the next week.
SilverTongueDevil
Have to disagree with Clemson -20.5 and LSU -8 at Austin. Think both games will be closer.
The Lost
OldShadeOfBlue said:

If Clemson can beat Alabama by three touchdowns it's not that unfathomable to beat us by that as well. If Clemson beats us by any less we'll be the unanimous highest ranked 1 loss team the next week.
fify

nothing like always being the highest ranked x loss team!
Amazing Moves
ClemsonTig said:

I'd take..

Texas +8
UCLA +12
UF -8.5
dagwood13
AG
How many players is Army returning? Triple option could hinder Michigan.
WC94
AG
Well, they beat Bama by 28, so we are getting more respect than that I suppose.
dixichkn
AG
WC94 said:

Bama doesn't know how to react to someone stepping up and punching them in the mouth. I like Jimbo better in a nip and tuck game. Not to say we're going in there and winning, I have my serious doubts about that. But 20 1/2 DOES seem a little bit of a slap in the face
WC94
AG
Well Vegas wants your money, so always bet opposite of the obvious bet. Look for Clemson to cover.
rootube
AG
OU is going to hang a hundred on UCLA, of course they may give up 50 so you know +50 for me.
rbcs_2
AG
dixichkn said:

WC94 said:

Bama doesn't know how to react to someone stepping up and punching them in the mouth. I like Jimbo better in a nip and tuck game. Not to say we're going in there and winning, I have my serious doubts about that. But 20 1/2 DOES seem a little bit of a slap in the face
Come on...you don't really believe that, do you? Bama has the biggest target on their back in all of college football. They get every team's best shot.
rootube
AG
rbcs_2 said:

dixichkn said:

WC94 said:

Come on...you don't really believe that, do you? Bama has the biggest target on their back in all of college football. They get every team's best shot.
Yes. It's easy to imagine 20.5 after watching them manhandle Bama. A more depressing way to think about it is that Vegas likes Army's chances to beat Mich about the same as ours to beat Clemson.
levypantsEOY
LSU will beat tu by 4 touchdowns. Guaranteed.
Dale Gribble
rootube said:

rbcs_2 said:

dixichkn said:

WC94 said:

Yes. It's easy to imagine 20.5 after watching them manhandle Bama. A more depressing way to think about it is that Vegas likes Army's chances to beat Mich about the same as ours to beat Clemson.

Not really. 28 vs 20.5 is a pretty big difference
Agsuffering@bulaw
Clemson played their best, Bama their worst. Had they played again the following week, Clemson would have been favored by a FG.

20 points would have made sense had we played Clemson the week after they throttled Bama.
TexasLeaguer
AG
A&M moneyline would be the play.
TripleSec
AG
I would take Army all day at that spread.
Kill Switch
I'm really liking that spread on the FSU Bosie game. FSU is not going to be good next year and Boise is going to come out and treat the game like their super bowl.

That one is easy money.
cb1919
AG
levypantsEOY said:

LSU will beat tu by 4 touchdowns. Guaranteed.

Bet?
rootube
AG
Dale Gribble said:

rootube said:

rbcs_2 said:

dixichkn said:

WC94 said:

Take a gander at the non conference games on that list. We are closer to the Army spread than the rest so we are +7.5 on Army. Yeah!?
rootube
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Clemson played their best, Bama their worst. Had they played again the following week, Clemson would have been favored by a FG.

20 points would have made sense had we played Clemson the week after they throttled Bama.

You realize they played each other right? I'm going way out on a limb here and suggest that Bama played their worst because Clemson completely outplayed them? Call me crazy.
rootube
AG
rootube said:

Dale Gribble said:

rootube said:

rbcs_2 said:

dixichkn said:

WC94 said:

Take a gander at the non conference games on that list. We are closer to the Army spread than the rest so we are +7.5 on Army. Yeah!?
Or put another way Vegas is predicting two beatdowns Army and us. How's that?
Flexbone
WC94 said:

Well Vegas wants your money, so always bet opposite of the obvious bet. Look for Clemson to cover.

You don't understand the hook here.
. . .
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.