Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bringing back tu game

15,209 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by C2 Ag 93
Big Slice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let me preface this by saying I agree we should never play the sips again. However, I am a current student and I keep seeing comments like "current students don't understand what they did to us back in the day so we should never play them again".. can someone pls explain exactly what they did so us current students can learn and understand why the majority of yall dont want the game back?
pinche gringo
AG
Use the search function and read the already-existing million threads on this topic
rbcs_2
AG
And wipe the phrase "thanks in advance" from your vocabulary.
Sponge
AG
So you don't know the history? Why are you against playing them?
LihaiAg06
AG
Let's start a list...everyone keep adding.

1. They screwed the Big XII from getting a conference network by starting the lhn. They are in bed with the largest sports media company by themselves.
Big Slice
AG
Sponge said:

So you don't know the history? Why are you against playing them?
I just dont think we have anything to gain from it, but they do
QB1
AG
When we left for the sec we were wanting to keep the rivalry in tact, but some prideful dbag named delosss chose to put himself above 100yrs of history and they chose not to play us...
LihaiAg06
AG
2. They are in a piss poor conference and playing a marquee game like this annually gives them more upside than for us who play in 4 marquee games a year.
LihaiAg06
AG
3. It can be said of the whole time we were in that conference but especially the last 5-7 years. They made the big xii their b*tch and the conference took it and asked for more at the expense of the other teams.
aggie_fan13
AG
Here we go again *unzips pants*
LihaiAg06
AG
4. We have recently seen they have "influence" in recruiting rankings that has an effect on program image. Money talks. Garbage stinks.
Big Slice
AG
LihaiAg06 said:

3. It can be said of the whole time we were in that conference but especially the last 5-7 years. They made the big xii their b*tch and the conference took it and asked for more at the expense of the other teams.
Are there any tangible examples of this? I appreciate your help, I am just curious on if there was anything tangible that happened in the big 12 other than the whole lhn fiasco
LihaiAg06
AG
Jon. Bible.
http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1733552
LihaiAg06
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/58dd7n/how_texas_turned_the_big_12_into_a_disaster/
LihaiAg06
AG
Which leads to the overarching point...

5. They are arrogant. The kind of arrogance, narcissism, and self interest that makes you want to overthrow the dictator.
Flashdiaz
AG
there needs to be a forum just for this one topic so we don't keep getting new threads on the same tired subject.
W
AG
OP needs to read the fable of the scorpion and the frog.

hint...the sips are the scorpion.

they will promise to be a good partner and conference mate and so forth, but in the end they will revert to their true nature
Win At Life
AG
shugag22 said:

LihaiAg06 said:

Are there any tangible examples of this? I appreciate your help, I am just curious on if there was anything tangible that happened in the big 12 other than the whole lhn fiasco
It's not just us. Where we put up with tu for over a century, Nebraska smelled tu's shiat before the Big XII formed and tu was the major reason they got out BEFORE us.

https://mgoblog.com/diaries/why-nebraska-left-big-xii

Quote:

Osborne knew, way back in '93, that merging the Big 8 with the four Texas schools from the Southwest Conference would result in a rocky, abusive marriage and inevitable divorce. We were warned. He knew.

Enter, Big 12 Commissioner and Village Idiot, Dan Beebe. Dan has (had) a simple job. Keep the Big 12 thriving and each member happy. To Bebee, this job description transcribed to keep the Big 12 stagnant and Texas happy and was content in becoming Texas Athletic Director Deloss Dodds' conference mouthpiece/string puppet. Just keep Texas happy. Nebraska ahead 12-10 with 0:00 on the clock in the Big 12 Championship? Not a problem.

He also fell behind in the times when it came to forward-thinking ventures like a conference television network, but it was acceptable for Texas to explore their own "Longhorn Television Network." And Texas, who has turned out to be the powerful, yet pea-brained oaf in all of this, resorted once again to arrogance and dismissed the 11 other members of the Big 12 as mere minions.

Make no mistake, Nebraska football is a national brand. The elite of the elite. In the same fraternity as Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. 3rd all-time in wins. Where the rest of the Big 12 were content to be pimped out by Texas and roll over like starving hookers, Nebraska had far more self respect. A conventional, yet notable moment where this was ever-prevalent, was the 11-1 conference vote to keep the Big 12 Championship game in Texas for the foreseeable future. Osborne, not to be pushed around or degraded, was the lone opposing vote. No one else in the Big 12 North bothered to sign up.

Pledge your loyalty to the Big 12 within one week - or else. Or else what? You'll kick them out, leading to the demise of the Big 12 anyway? And where is Texas' ultimatum?

Thank you, Texas.
Thank you, Beebe. As much as it pains to leave the beloved traditions and bitter rivalries of Colorado and Oklahoma, you've left us no choice but to go - to a much better place.
We are in a much better place too.
Coward Jimbo
AG
6. They trash us on social media every chance they get. Then they claim that we live rent free in THEIR heads.
Caesar4
AG
1998 game in Austin. Longhorn field was wet/soggy, though it hadn't rained in Austin for many days (check weather history). Aggie equipment folks didn't bring long cleats due to not expecting a saturated/soggy field. Resulted in poor performance by the Aggies because they couldn't get traction. Aggies lost by 2.
dixichkn
AG
QB1 said:

When we left for the sec we were wanting to keep the rivalry in tact, but some prideful dbag named delosss chose to put himself above 100yrs of history and they chose not to play us...
And did us a huge favor in the process. That A hole dug his own grave
TXAGcommenter
AG
all of these replies are salty old TexAgs users that want to complain about how tu won too much. if we still played them we would have won 7 years in a row by now.
Bill Superman
AG

Where's the damn sip referee picture when you need it
Coward Jimbo
AG
GarrettL_15 said:

all of these replies are salty old TexAgs users that want to complain about how tu won too much. if we still played them we would have won 7 years in a row by now.
I am a current student. Aggie legacy. Born and raised in Austin. After growing up around them for 18 years I can safely say they are all stuck up *****s and have a sense of unwarranted entitlement. They told us to F off when we left for the SEC and now they want the game back. Why would we give them what they want? They always treat us like crap. Never play them again.
p8aggie
AG
Go watch the last 2 minutes of the 2011 game against tu and tell me if that was really targeting. That kind of bs is why I'm okay if we never play them again.
HoustonAg2106
AG
If only there was a form for non current rivals....
92_Ag
AG

Tamu_mgm
AG
stop starting threads about this worn out subject
PyriteAg
AG
For real, why is there a sudden influx of rookies going about starting dumb threads like this?

Firstly, there are some current students who are against this game as well. I think it's a little presumptuous for both sides of the argument to think that all current students are out of the loop on this.

Second, I will admit I don't particularly like or hate the Longhorns. In fact, I think some anti-rivalry people are a bit crazy with some of their reasons and way too emotionally (and, dare I say hypocritically) invested in this topic as well. I just think it's a waste of time to try to schedule a team that clearly said we are not their rivals. And no, giving up a cupcake spot to schedule them is also a bad idea.

Third, you starting a thread on this will not change anyone's mind. In fact, you'll only annoy them and further cement their beliefs. Not really productive, even for TexAgs standards.
Caesar4
AG
GarrettL_15 said:

I would not care one way or the other if we had won 7 years or 10 years in a row. I'm fine if we never play them again in my lifetime. After I'm dead, my opinion will no longer exist.
Big Slice
AG
Dario said:

For real, why is there a sudden influx of rookies going about starting dumb threads like this?

Firstly, there are some current students who are against this game as well. I think it's a little presumptuous for both sides of the argument to think that all current students are out of the loop on this.

Second, I will admit I don't particularly like or hate the Longhorns. In fact, I think some anti-rivalry people are a bit crazy with some of their reasons and way too emotionally (and, dare I say hypocritically) invested in this topic as well. I just think it's a waste of time to try to schedule a team that clearly said we are not their rivals. And no, giving up a cupcake spot to schedule them is also a bad idea.

Third, you starting a thread on this will not change anyone's mind. In fact, you'll only annoy them and further cement their beliefs. Not really productive, even for TexAgs standards.
Where was I trying to change anyones mind?? All I asked was to explain the history of this rivalry so I, and other current students, can better understand what pre-SEC Aggies had to endure. I feel like as an Ag, you and other negative posters on this thread, should want to educate us on this subject
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
PyriteAg
AG
shugag22 said:

Dario said:

Where was I trying to change anyones mind?? All I asked was to explain the history of this rivalry so I, and other current students, can better understand what pre-SEC Aggies had to endure. I feel like as an Ag, you and other negative posters on this thread, should want to educate us on this subject

If you weren't even trying to change anyone's mind on this matter, then no offense, but this thread is even more pointless than I thought. At least others who started this kind of thread before you made these sort of threads to attempt at convincing the other side of the argument.
Post removed:
by user
HECUBUS
AG
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.