Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dear Chipper (playing tu again)

15,928 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Spotted Ag
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sq 17 said:

twk said:

You still didn't answer the question, which is about practical logistics, not satisfying nostalgic whims.

Really not that complicated if Mizzou and KU want to renew the "Border War"
LSU goes back to playing Arky in the season finale
Those teams dont need to buy out a game just rearrange the schedule

Ags play tu
Mizzou plays KU
All four teams would have to buy out a game to create room, the schedule for A&M would probably be
instead of a second cupcake in September we'd play LSU
Kansas does not want to play Missouri.

New KU AD on resuming series (from July)

Quote:

"I'll be candid," Long began. "That's not high on our priority list. As I walk in the door, there's so much more to do. And I have to learn, from the Kansas perspective, the view of that rivalry. I would never make a decision about something as important and critical, in my mind, before I got to know the University of Kansas Jayhawk athletics type of perspective."

Quote:

KU basketball coach Bill Self has been a strong supporter of keeping the Tigers off of KU's schedule and only agreed to the exhibition game because he believed it was a key factor in raising as much money as possible for the hurricane victims.
And former KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger was equally committed to the stance that the Jayhawks should not schedule the Tigers any time soon, a feeling that was universally supported throughout the KU athletic department.
It's hard to imagine Long making any drastic moves to change that, at least initially. And it seems like a safe bet that the new KU AD will honor whatever the coaches in his department feel is best, regardless of what it might mean for the Long family rivalry.

Of course, sips would assume that Kansas would do as they are told, and be loyal little lap dogs. Are you unaware of KU's position, or do you just think the sips will get what they want.
Sq 17
I did say if regarding Mizzou v KU

Reading the remarks AD was non committal and the basketball team is not interested. I doubt Self cares what the football team does. KU not wanting to play mizzou in basketball makes sense if they are going to play an SEC team they want the UK wildcats
West Point Aggie
AG
Ku fans seem as loser-like in article comments as the castrated aholes from sippyville!

Same exact talking points..."they left!" "They ended it" "they were the impulsive ones!"

It all stems from the same sentiment...pissed MU, like A&M is WAY better off!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
JH20 said:

The SEC would work with A&M to play Texas on Thanksgiving just like they work with Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina to play non-conference rivals. Maybe I am making an emotional argument, but what tradition isn't emotional. There was a small push to get rid of the Sully statue, we don't need a statue in the center of campus to function as a University, so why was there such an uproar? It would actually make a lot a sense also to tear down the old and crumbling Academic Building and put something else in its place that could hold more classroom space and utilize better technology, so why don't we do that?
Your comments are unsettling on many fronts. Tear down the academic building? Have you even walked in the building? Sully, have you ever heard "We bleed Maroon" by Granger Smith? I know you're to young to have ever lifted a log, but have you even walked to the Bonfire Memorial after Dark? If you have, did you take the time or trouble to look at the portals. Those kids were what True Army should be. Learn those and then get back to us old Ags who are out of touch.
australopithecus robustus
We NEVER need to play any game on Thanksgiving again. Always play on that Saturday. Much better
Spotted Ag
AG
Rasslin Cheesehead said:

JH20 said:

The SEC would work with A&M to play Texas on Thanksgiving just like they work with Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina to play non-conference rivals. Maybe I am making an emotional argument, but what tradition isn't emotional. There was a small push to get rid of the Sully statue, we don't need a statue in the center of campus to function as a University, so why was there such an uproar? It would actually make a lot a sense also to tear down the old and crumbling Academic Building and put something else in its place that could hold more classroom space and utilize better technology, so why don't we do that?
Your comments are unsettling on many fronts. Tear down the academic building? Have you even walked in the building? Sully, have you ever heard "We bleed Maroon" by Granger Smith? I know you're to young to have ever lifted a log, but have you even walked to the Bonfire Memorial after Dark? If you have, did you take the time or trouble to look at the portals. Those kids were what True Army should be. Learn those and then get back to us old Ags who are out of touch.
This. So much this. One of the best posts I've seen in a long time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.