Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2019 Starters Prediction

4,802 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OldShadeOfBlue
mntamu23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Give me your best starting 22
QB- Mond
RB- Corbin
Outside WR- Ausbon/Rogers
Slot- Davis
TE- Cupp
LT- C Green
LG- Hocker
C- McCollum
RG- Reed
RT- K Green

SDE- Brown
DT- Peevy
DT- Madubuike
WDE- T Johnson
ILB- Hines
ILB- D Johnson
ROV/NB- Okeke/Renfro
CB- Jones
CB- Blades
FS- O'Neal
SS- Richardson
Cancelled
AG
Where's Sanjay?
Grits
AG
Dylon, Dylon...Dylon, Dylon, Dylon....
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Dale Gribble
Looks pretty good overall. I think Clemons will start at DE. Also, I think Tucker and O'Neal will be the starting safeties.
technoviking
AG
QB- Mond
RB- Corbin
FB - Miles
Slot- Preston
TE- Cupp/Beal
LT- Blanton
LG- Moore
C- Matthews
RG- Jenkins
RT- C Green

SDE- Leal/Brown
DT- Brown/Peevy
DT- Madubuike
WDE- T Johnson/Wilson
ILB- Hines
ILB- B Johnson
ROV/NB- Okeke/Renfro
CB- Jones
CB- Blades
FS- O'Neal
SS- Williams

The biggest battles are gonna be the OL and safety spots.

I don't know how you keep B Williams off the field. I don't know how Richardson's recovery has gone. O Neal proved himself during that bowl game. Leal's gonna get significant playing time. Brown needs to move inside.

K Green has the assets to start at LT but he's not an early enrollee so I give the edge to Blanton. K Green could definitely pull it off though. I also don't see how Matthews doesn't start given his pedigree. Jenkins is strong as an ox. Henson has a top two job in America for an OL coach. The deck is stacked.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Good list OP, but don't forget about these guys that could very well be starters as well:

SDE / WDE - Micheal Clemmons - was injured and didn't play in 2018, but per his age will be a junior / senior and by bowl season was practicing very very well according to Gabe & Billy.

ILB - Aaron Hansford - Will be a RS-Sophomore and is already 6'3 & 240lbs. Very athletic kid that played LB part-time in High School, so the transition will presumably be easy.

LT / RT - I just don't see how Dan Moore doesn't start at one of the tackle spots. He improved a lot down the stretch along with Carson Green on the other side. I think they both hold on to their tackle spots, even if they flip sides. Experience, especially along the OL in a pro-style offense is critical, and both C. Green and Moore showed big time improvement the 2nd half of the season.

SS - I think Derrick Tucker still has a lot of potential. He was injured and banged up for a lot of 2018, but I think he may keep the freshmen from starting. That being said, Brian Williams WILL play in some fashion, just too good not to.

CB - Erick Young - don't sleep on this kid, could compete for a starting job, and is the most talented freshman CB we've brought on in a recruiting class in a long time.
czar_iv
AG
QB- Mond
RB- Corbin
Slot- Davis
TE- Cupp
LT- C Green
LG- Moore
C- McCollum
RG- Hocker
RT- K Green

SDE- Clemons
DT- Brown
DT- Madubuike
WDE- T Johnson
ILB- Hines
ILB- Buddy Johnson
ROV/NB- Okeke/Tucker
CB- Jones
CB- Blades
FS- O'Neal
SS- Brian Williams
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Amazing Moves
QB- Mond
RB- Corbin/Richardson
Slot- Davis
TE- Cupp
LT- C Green
LG- Moore
C- McCollum
RG- Hocker
RT- K Green

SDE- Leal/Wright
DT- Brown
DT- Madubuike
WDE- T Johnson
ILB- Hines
ILB- Buddy Johnson
ROV/NB- Okeke/Tucker
CB- Renfro/Jones
CB- Blades
FS- O'Neal
SS- Brian Williams
Sponge
AG
Punters are people too.
Meximan
So many people forgetting that a Matthews boy is on the team. That kid's starting, and then he's going to play his way into the football hall of fame.
Meximan
I'm calling my shot right now, too: Spiller will start (or at least split time with Corbin) and he'll tear it up.

The interesting position battle, to me, is kicker.
technoviking
AG
Meximan said:

I'm calling my shot right now, too: Spiller will start (or at least split time with Corbin) and he'll tear it up.

The interesting position battle, to me, is kicker.

Not a bad take, folks keep doubting/forgetting about him and all he does is produce. He'll definitely be in the mix with Corbin/Richardson
DSAG
I don't think there is any way that Kenyon Green starts at LT especially given that he is not an early enrolee.
At 340 lbs already, his future is inside but I could see him given a shot at RT early in his collegiate career.
Meanmachine
AG
I don't see Renfro losing a starting cb, position. The safety spots will be close battles but if you are starting freshman in the secondary you are in trouble. Bottom line is competition for spots will be higher in year two and this will lead to a better overall team.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Sponge said:

Punters are people too.
and Fullbacks
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
beerad12man
AG
QB Mond
TB Corbin
WR Ausbon
WR Rogers
WR Davis
TE Beal
OL - I won't even begin to guess here, and that's all it is. A guess. I'd say Carson Green and Dan Moore are your two most likely starters, but could be any out of the 10 of C Green, Matthews, K Green, Hocker, McCollum, Matthews, Moore, Jenkins, Reed, Blanton.

SDE Clemons
DT Madubiuke
DT Brown
WDE T Johnson
LB Hines
LB B Johnson
ROV Okeke / Nickel Elam
CB Blades
CB Jones
S O'Neal
S Tucker

Subject to change a ton. It's way too early to pin down an exact starting lineup.
beerad12man
AG
Blades and Jones. Jones outperformed him late in the year and Blades is the best JUCO CB in the country. He could easily lose a starting job.

Also, Bama and LSU have started fish in the secondary more than any other position. It's never ideal, but it's actually one of the more physically easier positions to transition to early on. I'd much rather have a FR at CB than near the LOS.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I'm almost positive Mann will be our starting punter
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.