Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***. Commanders vs Mickey ***

6,573 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agz win
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando wins 37-29 but man what a game today.
ashley
It's so much better than I thought it would be.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Great game. I am hooked.
Olsen
AG
Spurrier just compared the Alamodome atmosphere to the Tennessee Volunteers' Rocky Top but not loud enough to compare to the Florida Gators' Swamp.
greg.w.h
AG
The Alamodome eats sound like the Astrodome used to do.
R E L
AG
I would say the atmosphere is surprisingly good. Being in a dome definitely helps, but even with only 30,000 it's sounded as loud as (or more) than some Alamo Bowls that I've been to. The speed of the game is a huge plus, it keeps the noise going consistently like you see at an NBA game, the lack of repeated pauses certainly changes the experience.
Roger Goodell
R E L said:

I would say the atmosphere is surprisingly good. Being in a dome definitely helps, but even with only 30,000 it's sounded as loud as (or more) than some Alamo Bowls that I've been to. The speed of the game is a huge plus, it keeps the noise going consistently like you see at an NBA game, the lack of repeated pauses certainly changes the experience.

Commanders vs Fleet on Feb 17th 2019: Right under 30k

UTSA vs UNT on November 24th 2018: 19,874

Make UTSA Football Great Again!
Ag 11
AG
Good thing I took the over on that one
NoahAg
Meh. I'll wait till Johnny debuts in the XFL next year.
Hamburger Dan
Y'all forgot the great Paul Crew said, "semipro football is a joke"
Kurten Aggie
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Lateralus Ag said:

How much do these players make?

$250K a year
$250k over three years. A little over $80k a year.
Cancelled
AG
Kurten Aggie said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Lateralus Ag said:

$250K a year

You can't afford an A8 on that!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
queso1 said:

Kurten Aggie said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Lateralus Ag said:

$250K a year

You can't afford an A8 on that!
80k for three months work sounds pretty good !
agz win
AG
Payroll was tense.

For all the good publicity the Alliance of American Football received early on, it's still a startup business.
Like plenty of other startup businesses, the AAF might have been underfunded to start. The Athletic's David Glenn, citing multiple sources, reported that the league was in danger of not making payroll last week, just the second week of the league's existence.
The crisis was averted. Glenn wrote that Carolina Hurricanes majority owner Tom Dundon will be introduced as the AAF's new chairman after investing $250 million in the AAF. The NHL owner's investment allowed the league to meet its financial obligations.
It's a reminder that, while the AAF isn't necessarily competing with the NFL, the previous pro football leagues that tried to go head-to-head with the NFL could never come close to competing with the established league's vault of money.
AAF's financial issues sounded tense
From the Athletic's story, the AAF's situation last week sounded tense.
"Without a new, nine-figure investor, nobody is sure what would have happened," one source told Glenn at The Athletic. "You can always tell people their checks are going to be a little late, but how many are going to show up on the weekend for games when they don't see anything hit their bank accounts on Friday?"...

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-aaf-danger-missing-payroll-last-week-nhl-owner-invested-141446499.html
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.