Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did sips help us with Evans?

17,468 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halfastros81
mcag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
turboboost said:

All_In_Ags said:

Those whom fail to know their history are doomed to repeat it. Keep posting this to trigger the non-history Texagers. Lol

one-trick pony
noun
a person or thing with only one special feature, talent, or area of expertise.

Like anyone can even know that.
Kill Switch
mcag83 said:

turboboost said:

All_In_Ags said:

Those whom fail to know their history are doomed to repeat it. Keep posting this to trigger the non-history Texagers. Lol

one-trick pony
noun
a person or thing with only one special feature, talent, or area of expertise.

Give him a break, we all have to find relevance somewhere, maybe this is his calling.
dustdust8
1 year until NSD. That is a long time. Have faith.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Kill Switch said:

Honestly, I can't see him going anywhere but Bama. Whenever I see someone with a 5'star ranking, I see that statistic of how Saban does with getting 5'star kids into the NFL. That is almost an insurance policy.

Is Saban's success rate at getting 5 stars into the NFL that much better than everyone else?
5 stars get into the NFL usually because they were 5 star NFL talent to begin with.
The thing that most often keeps a 5 star recruit out of the NFL is the recruit's character.
arontc09
AG
And Saban doesn't have to take the 5 stars of questionable character. He has plenty of 4-5 star recruits lining up to play for him.
Agvet12
AG
Can he play LB though?
Bunk Moreland
Kill Switch said:

Honestly, I can't see him going anywhere but Bama. Whenever I see someone with a 5'star ranking, I see that statistic of how Saban does with getting 5'star kids into the NFL. That is almost an insurance policy.

2017: Cam Akers. 5* #2 RB in the country
2017: Khalan Laborn. 5* #1 APB in the country
2015: Jacques Patrick 4/5* #3 RB in the country
2014: Dalvin Cook. 5* #2 RB in the country
2012: Mario Pender. 5* #4 RB in the country

I know it'll take some getting used to..but Jimbo has a record of landing ultra studs at RB. And he just took what many saw as a good but slightly undersized back and turned him into the best in the SEC. The kid may go to Bama or may not, but gone are the days of just assuming kids won't come to A&M.
jonj101
Bill Superman said:

He'll get onboard once Hornsby announces
Demas + Hornsby + Evans would be amazing
Kill Switch
Bunk Moreland said:

Kill Switch said:

2017: Cam Akers. 5* #2 RB in the country
2017: Khalan Laborn. 5* #1 APB in the country
2015: Jacques Patrick 4/5* #3 RB in the country
2014: Dalvin Cook. 5* #2 RB in the country
2012: Mario Pender. 5* #4 RB in the country

I know it'll take some getting used to..but Jimbo has a record of landing ultra studs at RB. And he just took what many saw as a good but slightly undersized back and turned him into the best in the SEC. The kid may go to Bama or may not, but gone are the days of just assuming kids won't come to A&M.

Don't doubt Jimbo one bit, but the competition for landing a guy like Evans is pretty steep. I know if I were a 5'star athlete and my dream was to play in the NFL, one of the first things I'd look at is the coaches track record with putting guys in the NFL and then the support I had around me. I know at Bama I'd fed the ball regularly and have 5'star linemen blocking for me all the time.

Can't ask for more than that.

Jimbo has us going in the right direction but he isn't there yet, and that is my biggest concern.

One last thing, I keep hearing people say things like we never have recruited on this level at A&M. That isn't true, Jackie constantly recruited on this level and even Slocum had years where we got who we wanted and left the scraps for everyone else. They didn't do much with those classes, but they were great recruiters. That is the real difference between then and now. Jimbo can get the best out of the talent he brings in.
sawemoff2010
AG
If Evans is leaning Alabama, someone needs to let him know that they signed the #1RB in 2019 so it's NOT a lock that he gets fed the ball regularly...

It would be here...
83Aggie
AG
They didn't do much with those classes, but they were great recruiters

Those defenses were dominant.
Kill Switch
83Aggie said:

They didn't do much with those classes, but they were great recruiters

Those defenses were dominant.
Keep in mind who they were dominating.
halfastros81
AG
They dominated at least 3 Heisman winners and did enough to beat a 4th .
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.