Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Did sips help us with Evans?

17,442 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halfastros81
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They just got a commit from a highly touted 4* RB. Is that a sign we are in better shape with Evans?
Charlie 31
AG
MaxPower said:

They just got a commit from a highly touted 4* RB. Is that a sign we are in better shape with Evans?
Yes. Maybe.
decent looking Ag
It's a solid maybe, but probably not.
tangelox
He will be a slot receiver.
Meximan
Old McDonald
Texas is exceptionally thin at RB and their lone 2019 recruit has been recently hospitalized with life threatening illness and may not ever see the field again, Evans is still a top target who probably sees early playing time regardless
rgag12
AG
The sips, LSU, or Bama are getting Evans. The ship has sailed.
Right Rigger
rgag12 said:

The sips, LSU, or Bama are getting Evans. The ship has sailed.

Literally no one is saying this. This place really has some of the worst posters on the www.
levypantsEOY
Whoever gets him will have the best RB recruit since AP. Zach is the truth. Jimbo needs to bet the farm on this kid.
TheFirebird
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Whoever gets him will have the best RB recruit since AP. Zach is the truth. Jimbo needs to bet the farm on this kid.

I'd love to have Evans and he may be the best prospect since AP. But the days of riding an RB to a national championship are over. We can win an NC with backs like Spiller and Corbin. We need to bet the farm on top OL and DL.

Not that those are exclusive to landing Evans but I'd be far happier with the nations top OT or pass rusher than the top RB any year.
Right Rigger
TheFirebird said:

levypantsEOY said:

I'd love to have Evans and he may be the best prospect since AP. But the days of riding an RB to a national championship are over. We can win an NC with backs like Spiller and Corbin. We need to bet the farm on top OL and DL.

Not that those are exclusive to landing Evans but I'd be far happier with the nations top OT or pass rusher than the top RB any year.

I think you mean quarterback.
Flexbone
Anyone who thinks a RB is the key to an NC has been in a coma for 10 years plus.
mcag83
AG
Flexbone said:

Anyone who thinks a RB is the key to an NC has been in a coma for 10 years plus.

Yes. It certainly didn't help us win our bowl game this past season. Oh.....wait....
Like anyone can even know that.
levypantsEOY
I get that argument- the landscape for running backs has for sure changed since AP - but Evans would still be a huge get.

But yes i would prefer a five star QB all things being equal.
Dale Gribble
mcag83 said:

Flexbone said:

Yes. It certainly didn't help us win our bowl game this past season. Oh.....wait....

.8949 4*
GoodAg Paulie
AG
A RB is only as good as the OL in front of him.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
TheFirebird said:

levypantsEOY said:

This this this
technoviking
AG
Evans is a player any coach in the land would love to land based on measurables alone. He'll go where ever he wants to end up playing.

I think he ends up at Clemson or Bama most likely. Both go to the championship regularly and both have a history of featuring RBs. After those two I see him at tu, LSU or the Ags. I put those teams below Clemson and Bama because herman has always featured running QBs at OSU, Houston and now tu and Evans surely knows that. LSU just signed John emery though I'm sure Evans is not scared of competition, but if LSU also has a down year Orgeron will be on the hook. A&M objectively makes the most sense for him. Friendly depth chart. Proven offense that can fully feature a RB with his skill set. Jimbo isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

However, Evans has repeatedly no-showed on A&M. The only things I can think of are that he has folks in his ear (North Shore kids historically don't go to A&M, though jimbo might change that because of his history at LSU and pedigree) that want him elsewhere and Jim turner leaving. He's said he wants a proven OLine wherever he goes and we just switched coaches there. Maybe after meeting Henson he'll come to A&M more often.

Fortunately there is a lot of time left in his recruitment and there are several really good RB recruits in the state this year in McClellan, McGowan and Emmitts son. We'll see.
ashley
Flexbone said:

To deny that great running backs haven't had a hell of a lot to do with Alabama winning the NC's is ridiculous.
Lateralus Ag
AG
ashley said:

Flexbone said:

To deny that great running backs haven't had a hell of a lot to do with Alabama winning the NC's is ridiculous.

One could argue running backs that play for Bama are great because of the Oline talent.

I am not arguing that. But one could.
ashley
If that was true they might not bother to recruit high school All American running backs.
Lateralus Ag
AG
ashley said:

If that was true they might not bother to recruit high school All American running backs.

Maybe they recruit high school all American running backs because they can?

turboboost
AG
All_In_Ags said:

Those whom fail to know their history are doomed to repeat it. Keep posting this to trigger the non-history Texagers. Lol
pv

Why did the ship sale on Evans?

turboboost
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

A RB is only as good as the OL in front of him.
Try explaining that to a sip running back.
technoviking
AG
pv said:

Why did the ship sale on Evans?

The ship has not sailed on him, but the sails are going up. It's all just based on his actions (not coming to A&M functions after saying he will) and words.

He may surprise. He may not, and go to tu or LSU. I think he's gonna go to Clemson, though.
technoviking
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

ashley said:

Maybe they recruit high school all American running backs because they can?

Y'all both aren't wrong. They recruit the best RBs in the land regularly, but sometimes their best backs end up being the less heralded ones like josh Jacobs was this year. Having a great OLine makes it easier for any running back.
AG
The coaching staff at North Shore for years has been rumored to actively steer their kids away from A&M.

History would indicate there is some truth to that.
Class of 65
AG
4 said:

The coaching staff at North Shore for years has been rumored to actively steer their kids away from A&M.

Why is that ? Is the HC a ut alumni?
dixichkn
AG
EAD 65 said:

4 said:

Why is that ? Is the HC a ut alumni?
The current coach is not, but his predecessor was a big time sip and was pretty common knowledge he steered kids away from A&M. Wished this would change with Jimbo but looks like the same old song and dance from North Shore
ironmanag
AG
The good news is Texas is filled with stud RBs this year and Jimbo will go out of state for studs as well.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
levypantsEOY
Most of those studs in state RBs are already leaning somewhere else. McClelland is an OU commit, McGowan has us in his top eight though most believe he goes out of state to another SEC school, and we havent even offered Ty Jordan from Mesquite.

I'm not saying that Zach Evans is the end-all-be-all of this class, but whoever gets him will straight up have won an enormous commitment from the number one or two player in the country. That's the kind of momentum builder for a class that can pay serious dividends. I've watched him play in person. He was college ready when he had just received his drivers license. Seriously.
Jimbo needs to go 100% all out to get him on campus this fall.
ironmanag
AG
levypantsEOY said:

Most of those studs in state RBs are already leaning somewhere else. McClelland is an OU commit, McGowan has us in his top eight though most believe he goes out of state to another SEC school, and we havent even offered Ty Jordan from Mesquite.

I'm not saying that Zach Evans is the end-all-be-all of this class, but whoever gets him will straight up have won an enormous commitment from the number one or two player in the country. That's the kind of momentum builder for a class that can pay serious dividends. I've watched him play in person. He was college ready when he had just received his drivers license. Seriously.
Jimbo needs to go 100% all out to get him on campus this fall.
Some kids don't want to be Aggies. That is totally fine. With Sumlin I would be worried. I am not worried at all.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Kill Switch
Honestly, I can't see him going anywhere but Bama. Whenever I see someone with a 5'star ranking, I see that statistic of how Saban does with getting 5'star kids into the NFL. That is almost an insurance policy.
Bill Superman
AG
He'll get onboard once Hornsby announces
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.