Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Offseason Thread: One More Year!

3,483 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Kill Switch
TexanJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pop Quiz Hotshot: If you could go back in time and convince one Aggie FB player to come back for one more year, yes that would be a huge waste of time traveling abilities, but who would it be for you and why?

Me: Kevin Murray

In 1987, same year he went undrafted, we go 10-2... loses are opening weekend to LSU and a wild one in Lubbock. I have to think if all things end up equal we go undefeated that year with Murray under center and play for the natty.

Who would you want back one more year?
FriscoKid
AG
Taylor Bertolet
technoviking
AG
TexanJeff said:

Pop Quiz Hotshot: If you could go back in time and convince one Aggie FB player to come back for one more year, yes that would be a huge waste of time traveling abilities, but who would it be for you and why?

In 1987, same year he went undrafted, we go 10-2... loses are opening weekend to LSU and a wild one in Lubbock. I have to think if all things end up equal we go undefeated that year with Murray under center and play for the natty.

I see your one year of Kevin Murray and raise you two more years of Johnny.
Meximan
https://i.giphy.com/media/26FPn4rR1damB0MQo/giphy.webp
AgfromHOU
AG
I would tell Randy Bullock's family to hold him back in elementary school so he could be a senior in college in 2012. He makes those kicks that Bertolet misses, and we at least play for the SEC title, if not the national title.
Lateralus Ag
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I would tell Randy Bullock's family to hold him back in elementary school so he could be a senior in college in 2012. He makes those kicks that Bertolet misses, and we at least play for the SEC title, if not the national title.

I would go back in time and tell Jesus that TAMU needs to win a title in 2012. He would take care of the details.

/texags
Triple-T
AG
john mackovick.

To stay in Austin indefinitely, so that RC & the Wrecking Crew don't get run off by Mack Brown's surge of recruiting dominance over us, ending us up with fran....followed by years of suck.

Gig 'em.
TexanJeff
AG
technoviking said:

TexanJeff said:

Yes, even one year would have been epic... but... our defense would have let us down man. I mean not 59-0 but man we couldn't stop anyone at the end of the season in 2014.
Sex Panther
AG
I'd go back to Kevin Murray's freshman year and tell him not to become a giant dbag
Meximan
I'm going to change the parameters and say Bear Bryant 'cause then he might just have stayed, and then A&M is the Alabama of college football.
technoviking
AG
TexanJeff said:

technoviking said:

TexanJeff said:

Yes, even one year would have been epic... but... our defense would have let us down man. I mean not 59-0 but man we couldn't stop anyone at the end of the season in 2014.

Right, but if we're playing make believe.. I mean, it's Johnny, if he were back he'd have consumed the crimson tide with fireballs from his eyes and the tigers with lightning bolts from his arse!
mcag83
AG
JFF
Like anyone can even know that.
Zosima
I would say damontre Moore. I think with him alone we beat both Alabama and auburn. We are then 10-0 against LSU and the team might have been more motivated on the last 2. With a little better of a defense, JFF might not have been so banged up at the end.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I mean not 59-0 but man we couldn't stop anyone at the end of the season in 2014.

It was even worse in 2013. At least we were able to generate a pass rush with Myles Garrett .
Agsuffering@bulaw
OP, the question skews towards quarterbacks. I think a better question would be to have a category for quarterbacks and a category for non-quarterbacks.

QB- Murray. Even with JFF in 2014, we lose 3-4 games

Non-QB, depends on what you hoped to accomplish

Von- 2011 could have moved Porter inside and we probably win 3 of the 5 close games, beat the sips
Demonster- 2013 we would have won at least 2 more, possibly 3
Myles- UCLA debacle would not have happened, less humiliating defeats, maybe beat Bama
shaynew1
AG
Dang it would have been great to have von play for 5 years
Agsuffering@bulaw
I stand corrected. I had thought Von redshirted and had a year remaining.
shaynew1
AG
We still <3 von
Grits
AG
Saggitariut Jefferspin...the greatest Aggie FB player ever to wear the uniform.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
ABATTBQ87
AG
TexanJeff said:

Go back and tell Jackie to start that kid Bucky Richardson against LSU and TT!!!
Kill Switch
I would go back to 1999 and tell them to add more reinforcement to that bon fire. Who cares about football.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.