Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler jumping for NFL still doesn't mean...

4,678 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
Bayside Tiger Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That he has "commitment issues" like so many in the Zoo would like to believe. Many claim that because Kyler jetted to OU showed commitment issues, and are so quick to claim that commitment issues are at the center of this too.

Newsflash, Kyler is one of the greatest NCAA athletes in recent memory. Don't like it, too bad.
Commitment issues are not the same as Sumlin screwing someone over.
Jacks Smirking BAS
AG
Thank you for making another thread about a QB who barely played for A&M. We could use a few more.
West Point Aggie
AG
Jacks Smirking BAS said:

Thank you for making another thread about a QB who barely played for A&M. We could use a few more.

Not to worry...you'll likely get them
Let’s Go Brandon!
HoustonAg2106
AG
Jacks Smirking BAS said:

It won't happen, but I wish we could just stop talking about Kyler
Jacks Smirking BAS
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Jacks Smirking BAS said:

Not to worry...you'll likely get them

Three constants in life. Death, taxes and the Zoo.
Charlie 31
AG
that we need another darn thread about him and his decision to focus on his NFL career!
Sponge
AG
And why isn't he married yet? Commitment issues. That's why.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

That he has "commitment issues" like so many in the Zoo would like to believe. Many claim that because Kyler jetted to OU showed commitment issues, and are so quick to claim that commitment issues are at the center of this too.

Newsflash, Kyler is one of the greatest NCAA athletes in recent memory. Don't like it, too bad.
Commitment issues are not the same as Sumlin screwing someone over.
I mean its not like he signed a contract with the A's or anything.

Outstanding College athlete does not mean a good NFL Qb, the defenses are stronger and faster the worst NFL defense is better than any defense in the NCAA. Kyler can have success but it will be an uphill battle and his career will likely be shorter in the NFL than it would've been had he stayed with MLB.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
BMX Bandit
His career will likely be shorter, but he's going to get 4-5 times the guaranteed money by going NFL
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
All these Kyler threads are a welcomed change from the usual barrage of sipy threads
NyAggie
AG
Good luck to the kid. Hope he succeeds
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
it's kind of ree-tarrdad* to have ill will toward Kyler because of his success - regardless of his hovering dad and his dad's alma mater
obviously he has tremendous athletic ability
wish he would have stayed here but we all have to face the fact that he was in tough situation
sumlin was also in a tough situation and faced all kinds of pressure as well - it (having two professional quarterbacks at 18/19 years old ea) - he could have ridden only one pony but he let them both out of the pen
jimbo has shown that he's our cowboy
God bless the USA and stuff

*had to get pass the sensors for that word. a bit silly.
I am here for the comments.
DrZ
AG
At the combine does a player have to participate in all aspects of the day? Specifically the height and weight portion.
It will be interesting to see an unbiased measurement of him.
I know he is a great athlete but there is a limit on size. Simone Biles is a great athlete.
Johnny's size was all they talked about. He has 2 inches and 30 pounds on Kyler
He officially was 5'11 3/4" and 207
Kyler is probably 5'10 / 175
sincereag
I like that he chose to focus on playing in the NFL. Will be very interesting to see how he does. I wish him success.
fullback44
AG

Who the F cares ...... the little squirt not part of our school...

OilFieldIRI
S
on Dan Patrick he said the last time he was officially measured was his freshman year at TAMU
TexasLeaguer
AG
OilFieldIRI said:

on Dan Patrick he said the last time he was officially measured was his freshman year at TAMU

Just as I don't need an official measurement to know Sofia Vergara has some big ones, I don't need an official combine measurement to know Kyler is tiny.
rootube
AG
Kyler's main issue right now is not his size but the number of Texags threads he generates.
TonySoprano
He did commit to play here at TAMU. Then he signed a contract with the A's. I'd say there is some sort of problem with commitment. But worked out better for us in the long run. We got Jimbo.
HoustonAg2106
AG
DrZ said:

At the combine does a player have to participate in all aspects of the day? Specifically the height and weight portion.
I know he is a great athlete but there is a limit on size. Simone Biles is a great athlete.
Do you realize how skinny 175 pounds is? He'll be close to 200, probably 195ish.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

DrZ said:

Do you realize how skinny 175 pounds is? He'll be close to 200, probably 195ish.
No chance. At most, he's 5'9" 180 and I'm guessing he's smaller than that.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

DrZ said:

I dunno. How much water do you think it's possible to consume the morning of the combine weigh-in without diluting the drug test? Emmanuel Sanders said he drank 2 gallons before his weigh-in (+ 16-17#)?

For the scale's sake, I hope they don't make the newly minted 195# KM wait in line.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

DrZ said:

I guess we'll find out soon enough
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.