Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Question for the olds: What happened to Kevin Love Recruiting class '88

6,701 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 67walkon
alamogeorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to school with a blue chip DL who signed with the Aggies back in 1988. His name was Kevin Love from Converse Judson. I see him in the yearbook for a couple of years but I can't find much about his football career here and how it went. I lost track when I joined the Air Force, but now that I'm a grad Ag, and with the recruitment of Leal, I started looking into it. It's hard to Google him because the only thing that comes up is about the basketball player. The guy was a beast for Judson back in the day.
CuervoAg
AG
I was in school from 87-91 - I followed the team as close as a person could prior to the internet and public recruiting services and I don't seem to recall him ever making the roster if he ever made it to campus at all.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President
GSPag`
I'm at the same position as Cuervo. I was a senior in the fall of 88 and followed it pretty close. I don't remember that name
BMX Bandit
His teammates assaulted Donald Sloan
alamogeorge
AG
I was able to find out that he did make it to campus as he's in the team photos in the 89 & 90 (I believe) yearbooks. Perhaps his health or potential didn't hold up.
Seriously77
wrong guy
Seriously77
dixichkn
AG
Also at A&M 86-90. Name doesn't ring a bell to me at ALL
TAMU74
AG
From the 1989 A&M Football Media Guide he is listed on the Preseason Depth Chart as a Nose Guard w/ Pat Henry.
He was #91 listed at 6-3 323, Fr-RS.
He is not listed in the 1990 Media Guide.
Whaler
AG
It was after my time, but I think he transferred to UCLA, and started playing basketball...
Bunk Moreland
TyHolden
AG
Tall, long arms? Think he played basketball. Green team.
Win At Life
AG
I was there those years too and don't remember, but I've slept a few days since then.

However, if you follow even guys that played, it's amazing how few of them make a professional career enough to retire on. For all the talk of college football being the NFL farm system (which it is) the vast majority of college players will still wind up using their degree for their primary career in life.
randy828
AG
I went to Cy-Creek and started at A&M in 88. Only Kevin Love I rember was a year younger than me who played running back and went on to play at SMU.
alamogeorge
AG
TAMU74 said:

From the 1989 A&M Football Media Guide he is listed on the Preseason Depth Chart as a Nose Guard w/ Pat Henry.
He was #91 listed at 6-3 323, Fr-RS.
He is not listed in the 1990 Media Guide.
Correct. I guess he was there in 1990 long enough to make the photo. I see him in the 1989 and 1990 Yearbook. Well, I see him listed anyway. Hard to tell who is who in those team photos from back then.

67walkon
That you Randy Simmons ? Running back?
randy828
AG
No
67walkon
Randy Rother ??
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.