Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Aggies add Dyersburg (TN) linebacker Chris Russell on Signing Day

February 6, 2019

The Aggies have secured the signature of Dyersburg (TN) LB Chris Russell‍ to put a (very fancy) bow on their 2019 recruiting class. Landing Russell was as important as anything else during the second signing period. It gives the Aggies a big-time talent at a position of need, and the coaching staff has made a serious dent in the depth issue at linebacker with the recruiting class. Russell’s addition move the overall linebacker total in this class to 5 players. He joins Tarian Lee‍, RJ Orebo‍, Ke’Shun Brown, and Andre White‍ as the newest members of Bradley Dale Peveto’s meeting room. 

Speaking of Peveto, a huge credit should go to the second year linebacker coach. BDP spent a ton of time cultivating the relationship not only with Russell but also the kid’s family. Jimbo Fisher and Mike Elko helped seal the deal with their late meetings, as well. 

On tape, there’s nothing Russell can’t do, and there’s no question that the national services are behind in terms of his overall rating. Speed, power, pursuit, playmaking ability - Russell’s game film takes a backseat to no one. You can view his senior highlights below.

The 6-2, 230 pounder chose A&M over Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Memphis. 

All of our National Signing Day coverage is available for TexAgs Premium subscribers.

Included above is analysis from Billy Liucci, Brandon Leone and Ryan Brauninger from this morning’s National Signing Day Show.

Discussion from...

Aggies add Dyersburg (TN) linebacker Chris Russell on Signing Day

19,627 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by kf2416
lancechmp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yes!!
dixichkn
AG
Everybody Loves Chris today.

Welcome to Aggieland young man!
Tamu_mgm
AG
Huge pickup, welcome Chris!
J2AggieLFC
AG
I just love seeing all these recruits choosing us over all these other big time SEC schools. JUGGERNAUT!!!
texag86
sincereag
I like getting ILB's out of Tennessee...Dodson and now Russell. SEC SEC SEC!!!
redjalapeno-87
Looks like a good prospect to me. Good group of LB's along with White, Brown, Orebo, Lee. Also helps fill out special teams.

Remember back when none were signed. Yeah, that happened.
Jbob88
He actually looks better than Dodson. That was a super impressive film there.
Jbob88
Monster film. He should be a mid-4*. For his size and speed, he could end up being huge for this class. I'd take 11 guys on defense with his tenacity and will.
A New Hope
HEs gonna be good.
Mr. Black
Superb pickup on signing day! I'm so happy that we've got a coaching staff that prioritizes LB recruitment!
tarrantcountyag
GigEmLaw
AG
Welcome! Great instincts and speed.
C Loves L
Whoa! That film!
dixichkn
AG
Kid's got some quicks to him and he WILL hit ya. Great late find. Good job by Jimbo and Peveto
StickTogetherAgs
OrygunAg
AG
Kid has pursuit speed. He's like dat
Lateralus Ag
AG
Obligatory: can he play LB?
kf2416
AG
Good looking LB!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.