Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Starkel to Arky?

16,792 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rootube
HustlerAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Nick-Starkel-Arkansas-transfer-128750123/

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/02/05/former-texas-am-qb-nick-starkel-said-another-sec-west-schools-isinterested-grad-transfer
Tamu_mgm
AG
C'mon Starkel don't do that to yourself. Go to Duke, get great QB coaching from Cutcliffe, and an elite masters degree.
Al Bula
AG
Starkansas
p8aggie
AG
I think Arky is a good fit for him. Will be weird seeing him on the other sideline, but probably good for his football career.
Frank Grimes
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

C'mon Starkel don't do that to yourself. Go to Duke, get great QB coaching from Cutcliffe, and an elite masters degree.
He didn't even mention Duke this time. That is too bad. They would be good for each other.
ahlongslide
AG
Shife said:

Starkansas

He should've gone to Starkville.
HarveyBirdman
AG
Thread title shoulda been "Starky to Arky"
NoahAg
Heisman. Give it to him.
aggie appraiser
He'll probably light us up.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Name association would be much better if he went to Miss State, Starkville.
hogfan14
Arkansas just had a CB flip to USC so there's a spot open. Would guess he'd compete with Hicks next year and start for sure in 2020. Not sure Ohio State makes sense for him with Fields going there.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Frank Grimes said:

Tamu_mgm said:

He didn't even mention Duke this time. That is too bad. They would be good for each other.
Could be that Duke wasn't interested.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Agvet12
AG
Arkansas is ass my dude
tjack16
AG
Frank Grimes said:

Tamu_mgm said:

you should listen to Justin Dunning's podcast with Starkel. Nick said he reached out to Duke and they ignored him. He also was called by Okie State and VT... told them both he wasn't interested.
Frank Grimes
AG
tjholley16 said:

Frank Grimes said:

Tamu_mgm said:

you should listen to Justin Dunning's podcast with Starkel. Nick said he reached out to Duke and they ignored him. He also was called by Okie State and VT... told them both he wasn't interested.
Thanks. I didn't have time to listen to it. I just noticed that Duke was not in the reporting. I suppose I wrongly assumed that Duke showed some early interest for him to have initially listed Duke.
p8aggie
AG
Will FSU reach out now? They need a QB in a bad way.
sharpdressedman
tjholley16 said:

Frank Grimes said:

Tamu_mgm said:

Appearing as a desperate girl seeking a prom date.
Artorias
AG
Starkel at Arky will make for some interesting threads/posts when we play them, especially if he beats us.
pinche gringo
AG
We just need to blitz the **** out of him.
Frank Grimes
AG
pinche gringo said:

He will make a quick decision and get the ball out before he is sacked.
Aggiejackie
let's just do what lsu did to him in 2017
levypantsEOY
What if he tells them all of our secrets??
twogoatsfn
AG
mugwurt said:

Starkel at Arky will make for some interesting threads/posts when we play them, especially if he beats us.

We hold too much of an overall talent & coaching advantage for Arky to be a threat regardless of who they field at QB. They could start Heisman winning QB's and we would still win.
Frank Grimes
AG
levypantsEOY said:

What if he tells them all of our secrets??
We know all your secrets.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

He also was called by Okie State and VT... told them both he wasn't interested.
That's too bad. I really thought he could light it up in Gundy's offense. Plus he wouldn't have to worry about taking too much of a beating because, y'know.......BDF
HustlerAggie
Apparently Starkel is studying game film of Arkansas and posting about it on the Twitter.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/rakeem-boyd-nick-starkel-recruiting-arkansas-texas-am-2019/
hogfan14
HustlerAggie said:

Apparently Starkel is studying game film of Arkansas and posting about it on the Twitter.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/rakeem-boyd-nick-starkel-recruiting-arkansas-texas-am-2019/
That's definitely A&M practice film lol.

With Fields immediately eligible at Ohio State and Buechele going to SMU I'd guess there's a good chance Starkel to Arkansas happens. I prefer him to Ben Hicks TBH.

2billfighter said:

mugwurt said:

We hold too much of an overall talent & coaching advantage for Arky to be a threat regardless of who they field at QB. They could start Heisman winning QB's and we would still win.

Well I thought last year would be a blowout too and it turned out to only be a 7 point game with Ty Storey at QB
GreatSullysGhost
hogfan14 said:

HustlerAggie said:

With Fields immediately eligible at Ohio State and Buechele going to SMU I'd guess there's a good chance Starkel to Arkansas happens. I prefer him to Ben Hicks TBH.

2billfighter said:

mugwurt said:

Well I thought last year would be a blowout too and it turned out to only be a 7 point game with Ty Storey at QB
It really should have been a blow out. The foot came off the gas early. Arky should not have been within 3 touchdowns
Jinkies.
Stone44
AG
Frank Grimes said:

pinche gringo said:

He will make a quick decision and get the ball out before he is sacked.
Yea buddy.....we will run his slow a$$ down. If he doesn't fumble he'll throw a pic.
Ian Neff
AG
I don't understand how people on this board can't see that Chad Morris is not a good coach. Why do some of you continuously fear what he can do?

Starkel won't "light us up" Bc Morris is their coach. Get serious.
SolidRockAg
aggie appraiser said:

He'll probably light us up.

Just like all the players the rangers trade away always seem to come back and play wel against them. Would suck to see starkel end the streak but would be fittting to give everyone BAS again
Sq 17
GreatSullysGhost said:

hogfan14 said:

HustlerAggie said:

2billfighter said:

mugwurt said:

It really should have been a blow out. The foot came off the gas early. Arky should not have been within 3 touchdowns

I will check the game summary but iirc we were comfortably ahead because of ST & D
Not really a matter of taking the "foot off of the gas"
Mond was terrible that game QBR of 33.7 two ints no TDs. Mann was excellent avg 50 yds a punt a couple of missed FGs kept Arky close.
AgsWin2011
AG
How is Fields immediately eligible at Ohio State? Did he appear in 4 or less games for Georgia this past season?
hogfan14
Ian Neff said:

I don't understand how people on this board can't see that Chad Morris is not a good coach. Why do some of you continuously fear what he can do?

Starkel won't "light us up" Bc Morris is their coach. Get serious.

He's a good offensive coach. SMU had a top 10 offense in the FBS his last season there.

I think Arkansas fans would be fine with improving from 2 to 7 wins like he did there.
Bunk Moreland
Ian Neff said:

I don't understand how people on this board can't see that Chad Morris is not a good coach.

The elusive triple negative
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.