Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is Arkansas close to being a rival?

8,965 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigDRick
Whatthefunyo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They would beat our butt up and down the field during the last several years in the Big 12. Now the role has reversed. The games are always too close to call. We first played in 1903 and have played 75 years total. The overall record is 41-31-3 in Arkansas's favor.

We think they are trash and they think the same about us.

Seems like a rivalry to me.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Arky is our Super Bowl
Unemployed
AG
This is gonna be a loooooooooooooong off-season.
chevy con queso
AG
Sure they are. When they finally get out of this rut again, they're going to be angry. We don't really see it as a big one because we've won the last several, but guaranteed we're at the top of their list. We are their LSU. That's why the swamp kitties haven't taken us so seriously for the same amount of time. Well, hopefully that's changed for LSU, and hopefully it won't any time soon for Arkansas.
TheDraw
AG
There are no more our rival than Baylor was.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Leander - Ag
AG
ha!
rangerdanger
AG
Jimbo loves these types of ez wins on the schedule...
Tamu_mgm
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

Arky is our Super Bowl
No. No it's not.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Franklin Delano Bluth said:

Arky is our Super Bowl
No. No it's not.

Wtf?

Our moral victories against Arky during the Sherman years were woke af
APHIS AG
If there was one team that came close to being Arkansas's rival and that was t.u. for the hogs hated them as much as we did.
#Mke
AG
Arkansas is a rival just as LSU, TTU, and BU are rivals. A&M has one true arch-rival and that's the school in Austin.
greg.w.h
AG
75 meetings so far

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArkansasTexas_A&M_football_rivalry
JaySugar
Arkansas is definitely a rival. I can't wait to get it back to home and home.
dog
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

They would beat our butt up and down the field during the last several years in the Big 12. Now the role has reversed. The games are always too close to call. We first played in 1903 and have played 75 years total. The overall record is 41-31-3 in Arkansas's favor.

The majority of their 41 wins was when we were a small, all-male military school. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

Since we have become a true co-ed school how has the rivalry gone?

Another question is how long will it take us to go ahead in the series? At the current rate 2029.
Schrute Farms
The history with Arkansas is a good reminder of what the SECW will be.

There is not a team in the West that we won't hate once we hit a decade. The feeling will be mutual. There's no need to seek an old rivalry just because they play one real game a year. We'll have plenty of rivals within our division once we share a few more wins and losses.
Whatthefunyo
RealTalk said:

This is gonna be a loooooooooooooong off-season.

False. All offseasons are relatively the same length.
Aggie_2463
AG
We will continue to beat Arkansas as long as we have Jimbo, and they have Morris.

Poor little piggies.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Schrute Farms said:

The history with Arkansas is a good reminder of what the SECW will be.

There is not a team in the West that we won't hate once we hit a decade. The feeling will be mutual. There's no need to seek an old rivalry just because they play one real game a year. We'll have plenty of rivals within our division once we share a few more wins and losses.
This is so true. My LSU friends change who their rival is from week to week.

Alabama
Auburn
Florida
Ole Miss
Arkansas

Are all teams I've heard them call rivals

And once they get over themselves, A&M will be on that list.
#Mke
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

We will continue to beat Arkansas as long as we have Jimbo, and they have Morris.

Poor little piggies.
I'm glad we got Jimbo, but I don't get why so many people on TexAgs think Morris is a guaranteed failure. Sure would be awkward if he replicates the success of his old boss at Clemson...
HoustonAg2106
AG
#Mke said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Poor little piggies.
I'm glad we got Jimbo, but I don't get why so many people on TexAgs think Morris is a guaranteed failure. Sure would be awkward if he replicates the success of his old boss at Clemson...
I assure you the odds of him replicating what Dabo has done at Clemson are infinitely smaller than the odds of him failing at Arkansas in the SEC West...
#Mke
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

#Mke said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Poor little piggies.
I assure you the odds of him replicating what Dabo has done at Clemson are infinitely smaller than the odds of him failing at Arkansas in the SEC West...
I agree, but anything is possible! I think there's an element of jealousy on this site with regards to Morris.

A&M grad, no CFB playing experience, yet he's had a successful coaching career and is now the head man at a major SEC school. He's living the dream that we wish we could live.

Aggie_2463
AG
#Mke said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

#Mke said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Poor little piggies.
I agree, but anything is possible! I think there's an element of jealousy on this site with regards to Morris.

A&M grad, no CFB playing experience, yet he's had a successful coaching career and is now the head man at a major SEC school. He's living the dream that we wish we could live.

Zero jealousy here. I'm basing it on the fact we have jimbo F'in Fisher and they have a guy who was a good OC, then went to SMU and was mediocre, and then went what 2-10 in his first year? Hell even BIelema didn't do that bad his first year. Our first year coach went 9-4 and ranked 16.

I'll take us over them the next 5 years Atleast.
Aggie87
AG
#Mke said:

Arkansas is a rival just as LSU, TTU, and BU are rivals. A&M has one true arch-rival and that's the school in Austin.

No, the school in Austin is not an arch rival. They used to be.

A&M moved on 7 years ago. And thankfully so. Best decision in the football program in at least 50 years.
Meximan
This is Arkansas:

West Point Aggie
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

Except they're from Arkansas...so they are trash...whatever those inbreds think is simply false
Let’s Go Brandon!
Shooz in Katy
AG
When they beat us in 7 overtimes and it becomes the NCAA game of the year, then yes, they will be a rival.
AggieDadx3
Who?
Eff tu
aeon-ag
Whatthefunyo said:

Absolutely NOT!!!!
monarch
S
Bottom line: we don't have a rival in the SEC; that is the only negative thing about being in this conference.
Peace for Ukraine!
Cy_Tolliver
Idk but we laughed about Chad Morris and how some wanted him here - and don't get me wrong, Jimbo was the better choice.

That said, Morris took a steaming pile handed to him and has recruited his a$$ off. Not to mention that team improved dramatically over the course of last year.

They will be a force to be reckoned with.

And yes, Arky was a rival dating back to SWC days. Recall the 1989 "pass interference" game where we got screwed out of a conference title by an Arky grad ref and a late flag.

Not to mention we rained chants of "SEC" down on them in 1991 at Kyle. We won that game, but I think all of us would have preferred we were going with them because the SWC sucked as bad as the B12.
HustlerAggie
greg.w.h said:

75 meetings so far

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArkansasTexas_A&M_football_rivalry
You somehow forgot the dash in your link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas-Texas_A&M_football_rivalry
OrygunAg
AG
Arkie... haha no. We've reached critical mass and they will lose their remaining teeth and hair as a result.
Artimus Gordon
Rivalries are overrated in this day and age of college football. The only ones that hold a national audiences' attention are conference games like mich/Ohio state, Auburn/Bama, tu/OU and of course army/navy. And that is predicated by the fact that the winner has an good chance for a spot in the CFP.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.