Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What will be the vote of the students?

22,512 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HBCanine08
SECTAMU#1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/texas-a-m-students-to-vote-on-support-of-reviving/article_9d612fbf-5c89-5703-a929-5440295e452a.html
ironmanag
AG
They will vote yes because they have no experience with the BS that is involved with dealing with that AD.

None of them were here for the dark days of the Big Dumpster Fire Conference.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Saint Pablo
I'll be voting against!
RhodeAg
AG
Time to renew one of the best college football rivalries ever.

We fans, after 6 years, will finally have a rival!

Our players will finally have a rival!
Don't take life too seriously...no one gets out alive.
ironmanag
AG
RhodeAg said:

We already do. LSU.

Since you don't know that I am going to guess you know very little about A&M football and it's history.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ironmanag said:

RhodeAg said:

We already do. LSU.

Since you don't know that I am going to guess you know very little about A&M football and it's history.

Yes, he knows very little about A&M history because he considers a team 90 miles away that we have played 118 times more of a rival than a team 350 miles away that we have played 57 times.

Great assumption there, Watson.
JayAggie
AG
I'm all about it in the next 10-20 years. Right now it just heavily favors texas, it does nothing for A&M as a whole. I get that the players probably want to do it and I'll even go as far as saying I do miss the game on Thanksgiving.

I think part of that is just nostalgia and no matter where I was growing up, the Aggies were on TV that day.

Bottom line if you take all the emotion out of the game, there is really zero benefit right now for A&M to play this game.
JayAggie
AG
Quote:

New army
Off_The_Wood
AG
Champ Bailey said:

ironmanag said:

RhodeAg said:

We already do. LSU.

Yes, he knows very little about A&M history because he considers a team 90 miles away that we have played 118 times more of a rival than a team 350 miles away that we have played 57 times.

Beautiful

Play the game
zooguy96
Eff the sips. Hell no.
94chem
We should also fight the Germans again in a war sometime. I kinda miss it.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
When do they vote on returning Bonfire to Campus?
twk
AG
RhodeAg said:

So, you think answering an opinion poll a certain way will accomplish that? Good luck.
twk
AG
Quote:

What he doesn't know, and you apparently don't, either, is that these jackasses have walked away from the series twice. There's no reason to give them a 3rd chance.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
twk said:

Quote:

What he doesn't know, and you apparently don't, either, is that these jackasses have walked away from the series twice. There's no reason to give them a 3rd chance.

It would be fun. So there is a one reason.
cecil77
AG
Ideally the student's opinion is the most important. At least that's what collegiate football is supposed to be about.

But now $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is all that matters. Well, that and the egos of those supplying all that money.
94chem
twk said:

RhodeAg said:

So, you think answering an opinion poll a certain way will accomplish that? Good luck.

Bro, you don't even understand millennial activism. If you don't like something really a lot, you can change the world by thinking really hard against it.
West Point Aggie
AG
This will be like an old-style Iraqi election...to come across as "look at us, we want it started" results will be something like 98-2%...get it?

I still have yet to run into this wave of bring it back clamoring I keep hearing about!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Sumlins Pool Guy
They'll vote yes because they want to be able to see one of the sports greatest rivalries with their own eyes and arent angry people on a message board who think not playing gives them some kind of strange moral high ground
Sumlins Pool Guy
Sarduakar said:

When do they vote on returning Bonfire to Campus?

Whats sad is that you really think this is a good comparison
Showstopper
AG
I think they should make it clear that the tu game would basically replace the power 5 non-conference game on our schedule (so basically no more Clemson, Notre Dame, etc.).

Unless Missouri started playing Kansas again which would free up Arkansas-LSU for rivalry weekend, you are probably looking at a September game.
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

Ideally the student's opinion is the most important. At least that's what collegiate football is supposed to be about.

But now $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is all that matters. Well, that and the egos of those supplying all that money.
Great post cecil, couldn't agree more. I want the game back but ultimately it should be the will of the students that is of most importance. The rest of us are just trying to live vicariously.

My opinion is that a majority of those people that attended this game with any regularity over a 10 or more year span probably want it back. It's pretty silly to compare this to any other "rivalry" that might exist with A&M. I went to all of the A&M/LSU games as well as all of the A&M/t.u. games in the early 90s, and if you consider them equal rivals you frankly have no clue what you're talking about. I don't usually like to speak definitively like that but it's just a fact.
SA-AG72
AG
If we renew we must insist on neutral officials. Btw, I'm not for renewing.
MaroonStain
AG
Champ Bailey said:

ironmanag said:

RhodeAg said:

We already do. LSU.

Six posts before you chimed in? I am surprised...SURPRISED...
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Ag4coal
SA-AG72 said:

If we renew we must insist on neutral officials. Btw, I'm not for renewing.

THIS. I would much prefer to wait until a bowl season or playoff matchup, if this series restarts, conference officials from the BDF (or whatever conference they move to in the future) need to be barred from every officiating a game
Bucketrunner
Some people are just masochists
TXAG 05
AG
No benefit to playing a huge recruiting rival who will always be relevant team no matter what Texags thinks? The team that just embarrassed Georgia who everyone thought was a playoff contender? And if we are so much better than they are like everyone on here says, should be a no brainer to play them, right?
Redrooster
State pride means nothing???
eATMup-Reveille
Those of you who want it back should please let us know what other SEC West teams have a "rivalry" game that is against a P5 team not in the SEC West, or the SEC. If A&M is to continue playing a non-conference P5 game, I don't want to have it be the sips every year. Some will say, play another P5 in addition to the sips if A&M wants a variety. That would likely give us the hardest schedule in the country most years. Compare that to the sips. The Big 12 is nowhere close to being as strong as the SEC West, so of COURSE they could add us, and still not be CLOSE to us in schedule strength.

So naturally the sips want to add us, but I see ZERO advantage in renewing a series against the arrogant b@stards we were trying to get away from to begin with. As I've stated before, we don't NEED a rivalry, we need to focus on becoming champions. Believe me, once we get to that level, you will have no problem seeing the development of rivalries in the SEC West.
greg.w.h
AG
Just so we are clear: that isn't a vote...and it's a self-selecting poll so useless.
A is A
AG
cecil77 said:

Those students voting will more than likely not see the game even if reinstated. It will most likely take 3+ years to get on the schedule.
12th Man Stan Account
AG
Current student. I will be voting against reinstatement. The rivalry would benefit the sips right now more than it would us. Maybe that will change some day, but for now there is no reason we should help them out by boosting their SOS.
Alpha Texan
AG
I can assure you, students will vote against

Source: Am student
greg.w.h
AG
We only have leverage while there is no deal...
94chem said:

We should also fight the Germans again in a war sometime. I kinda miss it.

Wait...What? I'll need a little notice if this happens.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.