Story Poster
Photo by Lindsay Caudle, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher breaks down the Aggies' 2019 recruiting class

December 19, 2018

Key notes from Jimbo Fisher interview

• It’s been a pretty quiet signing day with regards to drama. That’s a good thing. Our staff has done a good job evaluating. They’ve done a great job building relationships with families and players in state and also out of state.

• I love the diversity across the board in this class and that we hit every position. We hit needs. We got great players. We got our first choices at a lot of positions.

• Winning football games at home this season was incredibly important. The Kyle Field environment is second to none. When the kids get to witness the 12th Man atmosphere in person, it sells this place to them.

• The first time I saw Zach Calzada‍ on film, I loved him. However, I learned a long time ago that film doesn’t tell everything. When you get to see guy in person and their pure physical talent, it changes everything. I saw him in person and that’s all I needed to see. Zach is a throwback. He is very reactionary and can create on the run. He throws at different arm angles. He can speed his hands up and slow them down. His team was not the most talented but he took them  to the state semifinal. Some guys can just go and play. He can figure out ways to win with whatever’s he got. He only missed two and half weeks with broken ribs and a collapsed lung.

• We’ll sign 23 today and we still have three spots left for February. You never stop working. You have to recruit three classes at once and each class builds on the one before it. We’ll wrap up this class and get to work on 2020 and 2021.
Discussion from...

A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher breaks down the Aggies' 2019 recruiting class

16,634 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoahAg
texag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gyles Marrett
agINbj2000
ONE987AG
merch
So 3 more guys still to sign today?
JayAggie
AG
They expect a TE to sign tomorrow (his birthday) and that leaves two more for February, they can early sign by Friday, but not expected to. I can't remember which positions those other two are.
William_C_G
AG
WTG!
NoahAg
His comments on Calzada remind me of another QB who played here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.