Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

2019 JUCO CB Elijah Blades flips from Oregon, commits to Texas A&M

December 15, 2018

One thing has been certain since Jimbo Fisher arrived at Texas A&M, never say never. For the second year in a row the Aggies flipped a JUCO prospect from Oregon. Last December it was defensive tackle Mohamed Diallo, this December the Aggies hit big in the secondary with Arizona Western cornerback Elijah Blades‍. 

At 6-foot-2, 175-pounds, Blades is known for his length and cover skills, and is regarded by many as the top junior college cornerback in the country. He chose the Aggies over the Ducks and an offer list which also includes Alabama, Florida, LSU and USC.

Originally out of Pasadena (CA) Muir High School, Blades signed with Nebraska in the 2017 class. He committed to Oregon in July of 2018 before his switch to Texas A&M. Blades took an official visit to Texas A&M in September when the Aggies hosted Clemson, and cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist has been his lead recruiter.

His commitment gives the Aggies 23 in the 2019 class, and he joins Erick Young‍, Brian Williams‍, and Demani Richardson‍ in the defensive backfield.

We’ll have more soon for our TexAgs Premium Subscribers.

Discussion from...

2019 JUCO CB Elijah Blades flips from Oregon, commits to Texas A&M

30,238 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4
kid7979
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booom!
p-wonk01
BreNayPop
AG
Great job, Jimbo and crew
TRIDENT
AG
Hellyeah!!
A New Hope
Big time pick up. Christmas comes early.
suburban cowboy
AG
Jason,
What other current stories are you or Brauny sitting on?
NathanChristie
AG
Wow.
R E L
AG
I want to be excited...But I just read that flips are a part of the recruiting process and that making a big deal about it meant I was demented.
Meximan
Sooo 9-2 versus Nick Satan?
NicosMachine
AG
Dogboy said:

Word out of Oregon is the guy has mad skills but is failing every class at his JC. Oregon told him they couldn't save his spot as he wouldn't make it into the school. I am guessing he will not get into A&M. It was a face saving move and a recruiting stat padding move on A&Ms part or some one didn't do their homework. No pun intended... this is why he decommitted from Nebraska his freshman year and joined a JC instead. Mad skills just didn't do well in school is the word on the street.

You signed up just to say that? Thank you for giving us the scoop of "the word on the street". Now go get your f'ing shine box.
A New Hope
1st post? Tsips need to gtfo.
Mr. Black
Fedup said:

Big time pick up. Christmas comes early.
You can say that again. This guy is just what we needed!
dixichkn
AG
Y'all read the twitter resposes on the kid's post? Shocking. Oregon fans acting with total class and wishing the kid well. You see that almost.........never.
Course I'm sure it helps that they got Thibodeaux earlier today

Welcome to Aggieland, Elijah. Let's go shut em down
texag86
SEC Champs
AG
AgEngr12 said:

So quite a few Oregon fans are saying he has almost no shot of qualifying this year. Is there any truth to that?

Read the same. After failing to qualify academically out of high school, now struggling in JUCO. Then again, they're trying to spin it that Oregon "cut him loose" because of grades. Riiiiight.
farwellrob
AG
Dogboy said:

Word out of Oregon is the guy has mad skills but is failing every class at his JC. Oregon told him they couldn't save his spot as he wouldn't make it into the school. I am guessing he will not get into A&M. It was a face saving move and a recruiting stat padding move on A&Ms part or some one didn't do their homework. No pun intended... this is why he decommitted from Nebraska his freshman year and joined a JC instead. Mad skills just didn't do well in school is the word on the street.
Stop the grade talk. Classes are already over. The coaches know if he's made it in or not.
rgag12
AG
No grade issues with this guy. It's been confirmed
VandalayIndustries
Now go get your f'ing shine box.

That is hilarious!
Eddie Vedder
Usually when a fan base acts with complete class, 2 things are present:

1. The player is legitimately a good person.
2. The fan base has been told something by the recruiting services that leads them to believe the coaching staff told the kid to find another school.

Look at the Bobby Wolfe situation with us, for example. Ags were about 100% supportive on social media.

Scooby Carter was the opposite. The kid was openly deceitful to his fellow commits (violating #1) and our coaches wanted him (#2).
beerad12man
AG
Dogboy said:

Word out of Oregon is they're bitter as f*** and this is all bs

They absolutely wanted to keep him and his grades are fine
C4D
AG
Aright!!

We got a cb with mad skills. Much needed.
Centurion 6
Dog boy,

Recommend you think before you post negative and duragatory comments about people you don't know. Your attempt to throw a wet blanket is disparaging to the young man and shows even more about you. Words mean things - next time take the high road or keep quiet - because words have second and third order effects.
Centurion 6
Lateralus Ag
AG
Centurion 6 said:

Dog boy,

Recommend you think before you post negative and duragatory comments about people you don't know. Your attempt to throw a wet blanket is disparaging to the young man and shows even more about you. Words mean things - next time take the high road or keep quiet - because words have second and third order effects.

You sound naive. I agree with you, but do you think some troll on the internet is going to hear a word you have to say.
Centurion 6
My response was not for him.
Centurion 6
SA Ag
mcag83
Lateralus Ag
AG
Centurion 6 said:

My response was not for him.

My point still stands.
Bluff Rat
AG
Centurion 6 said:

Dog boy,

Recommend you think before you post negative and duragatory comments about people you don't know.

Words mean things

And sometimes they don't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.