Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OU beats Bama

14,528 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rbcs_2
PA24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This game reminds me of Johnny and 2012 Bama game.

• Kyler is as good as Johnny (sorry but true)
  • Bama wanted to end the JFF hype and couldn't do it at home
  • OU defense although sieve like can jell behind Murray like A&M did behind Johnny
  • Just our luck

I am placing some serious cash on OU to cover and some serious cash for OU to win it all.

Am I suffering from BAS or is this a sound but risky bet?
TecRecAg
AG
Yeah, no.

Also - How on Earth would BAS be tied in to this?
Ag4coal
I hope this is is just a cry for attention and not your actual thought process
Wabs
AG
I think OU will cover, but not win.

And, Kyler ain't no JFF.
Flashdiaz
AG
make the bet now.

Post again in January with what else you would have done with the money you lost.
saw em off
Kyler is nowhere as good as JFF was.
LEJ
Kyler might be a better slider than Johnny. Well hell, he's had more practice so he should be.
Mythotbetterthanyours
Yeah. Bama can be passed on. I was worried until I remembered that you need a defense to play. OU could put 20 of their best defensive guys out there at the same time and still not stop Bama

Ou going to score though.
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
Duggins90 said:

• OU defense although sieve like can jell behind Murray like A&M did behind Johnny
  • Just our luck

I am placing some serious cash on OU to cover and some serious cash for OU to win it all.

Only way OU wins is in their dreams. No defense.... none for OU
suprafly03
AG
If you think Kyler is as good as JFF (he isn't) and all things on offense are equal, you fail to recognize the strength of the the 2012 A&M defense.

They were a really good unit.

OUs isn't...
Astrobo
AG
Alabama will show everyone that Tua should have won the Heisman.
ironmanag
AG
Bama will win by 20+

That OU defense is straight trash.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Frok
AG
I think this is an intriguing match up. OU's defense is terrible but their offense is explosive. Bama's defense is still solid but not as strong as it's been before. However their offense is the best it's been as well.

I think OU will hang in there and make it exciting but Bama will pull away in the end.

Emilio Fantastico
AG
Sure, if you think 9th in total defense and 4th in scoring defense is only 'solid'.

What would you consider to be their normal strong defense?
rbcs_2
AG
OU's defense is garbage as indicated by the announcer's reaction to the safety against tu. They acted like they witnessed Moses parting the Red Sea.
who?mikejones
AG
If ou gets a lead, then i agree that ou has a good shot. That 2012 tamu team would force teams to be one dimensional which gave an average defense a huge advantage. It came down to making a few big plays and creating turnovers, not necessarily playing a complete game.

Also, bama should only throw it if necessary. They should play it like we did vs Arkansas during the second half in 2013. Im not sure we had more than a handful of pass attempts. Ou will not stop bamas run game.

Unemployed
AG
It pains me but I'll be pulling for OU. The Bama freight train needs to be stopped.
AgsAllDay
AG
The 2012 A&M defense was a world better than OUs. We had a pretty good D that year, not great but certainly serviceable. This year's OU defense is really bad. I think OU covers and scores 35+ but won't be able to stop Bama. This all goes out the window if Tua is hobbled. If he is, i think an OU outright W bet is worth the risk.
HTownAg
AG
Wabs said:

I think OU will cover, but not win.

And, Kyler ain't no JFF.
Kyler doesn't miss meetings or show up to games because he was drunk or hungover or high and yes he's just as good of a player as Johnny

OU's defense is just awful so Bama will pound them despite Kyler's efforts
Frok
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Sure, if you think 9th in total defense and 4th in scoring defense is only 'solid'.

What would you consider to be their normal strong defense?

Their secondary isn't as good as normal. I don't think Bama has faced an offense as good as OU's just like how OU's offense hasn't faced a defense like Bama's. That's why I think it will be interesting.

HarveyBirdman
AG
I think its going to be more like the '00 natty championship game where Torrance Marshall (OU LB) told Chris Wienke at the coin flip "I think you got my boys trophy!".....very Deebo from "Friday" like

Bama D is going to be trying to prove a point and send a message.

I expect Kyler to be getting rid of the ball as soon as he can and be extremely ancy in the pocket.
InvoiceAg
saw em off said:

Kyler is nowhere as good as JFF was.

Why Not??? Their stats are almost identical...
88jrt06
AG
Because JFF absorbed about 25 hits that would have killed Slider.
I mean, dead.

Not to mention, duh...SEC D vs. Dumpster Fire D....
A New Hope
Put down the crack pipe
Spotted Ag
AG
Kyler is a great player. A really great player. He is nowhere near the GOAT FBS QB. That title belongs to Johnathan Manziel.
bobbranco
AG
Bet the house.

You will be a renter after the first of the year.
Tamu_mgm
AG
OU will not beat Bama. It just isn't going to happen. This is nothing like Johnny vs. Bama 2012.
Jason Ag
AG
Agreed. We barely won that game too.
petey88

JFF is the greatest collegiate QB I have seen in my life time.

Kyler Murray isn't even close.
TMartin
Heisman committee may have done Bama a favor by giving the Heisman to Kyler.
safety guy
AG
One thing that a lot of people forget about our game with bama in 12 was that bama was coming off of an extremely emotional win against lsu the week before. For ou, bama will be completely healthy. Plus how will Murray handle all the press that comes with the heisman.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Duggins90 said:

• Just our luck

Ummm... No. Our 2012 defense, while not great was actually good. We held all of our opponents to under 30 points except LaTech when we were missing like 5 guys from the two deep on defense. Many opponents only got that many points because we pulled starters early because Johnny was putting up video game numbers and it was all over at half time.

OU's defense flat out sucks, and this game will be moe 2013 than 2012.
Aggie
AG
It's gonna be a much closer game than the majority on here think
MassAggie97
AG
Quote:

OU defense although sieve like can jell behind Murray like A&M did behind Johnny
I disagree with this characterization. The 2012 defense was actually pretty darn good. In fact, compared to 2018 OU, the 2012 Aggie defense was the 1985 Bears.
Quote:

It's gonna be a much closer game than the majority on here think
I agree. I don't think Alabama is going to truck OU the way most people are hoping for.
ABATTBQ11
AG
88jrt06 said:

Because JFF absorbed about 25 hits that would have killed Slider.
I mean, dead.

Not to mention, duh...SEC D vs. Dumpster Fire D....

Well... The SEC West was also ****ty in 2012 aside from us, Bama, and lsu. Auburn went 0-8 in conference, Arkansas was like 1-7, MSU was a paper tiger with a backloaded schedule and two easy East wins, and ole miss was a meh team that couldn't capitalize on multiple mistakes (how do you lose with 6 turnovers?) to beat us. Florida was good but not great and had a lot of things go their way that season. Mizzou was broken by injuries by the time we played them. It might as well have been the bdf considering the teams we played.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.