Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kellen Mond = Dak Prescott

7,447 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Muy
DANManman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all are trying too hard to look for parallels. Dak has a career 66 completion % in the NFL; Mond's is a little over 50% in the NCAA. Dak also doesn't run the ball nearly as much as Mond does, but rather uses his legs to keep plays alive.

But I guess they both look like dual threats, and therefore must play the exact same...
gigem1223
Not even comparable. Dak is 30-15 as a starter in the nfl and since acquiring cooper, leads the nfl In completion percentage (74%). People like to claim he's inaccurate, truth is he hasn't had receiver til now who could create separation.

Mond has a lot of growing and developing to do before comparing him to Dak.
OCHOAG13
AG
I think the OP is on to something. Both are able to make plays with their feet, suffer from accuracy issues, commonly late in delivering passes, and turn the ball over way too much. They are also both capable of making big plays to win games.

Now that I think about it, I've never seen them both at the same time.....
PabloSerna
AG
Watch a lot of Dallas Cowboy football - I think they are quite different. Dak, to me, is more of a possession type QB, where I am seeing Mond putting it up more and downfield.
HoustonAg2106
AG
PabloSerna said:

Watch a lot of Dallas Cowboy football - I think they are quite different. Dak, to me, is more of a possession type QB, where I am seeing Mond putting it up more and downfield.
That's more about the offense that they run, the cowboys are a run first offense whereas Mond had the 3rd most pass attempts in the SEC this year...
Aggie_Swag18
You're saying that we are not a run first offense?
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
MassAggie97
AG
Yep. No comparison. Dak is excellent!
txag72
AG
I've actually said that very thing several times and again today. They both stand in the pocket too long at times and just aren't thinking. Today, Dak takes a sack that puts them out of FG range when he had several seconds to get rid of the ball.
Muy
AG
There are a lot of similarities, both good and bad.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.