Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What a great moment for Kyler Murray

6,304 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dr. Nefario
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Until the twitter mob got a hold of him to try to spoil his entire evening. I was kinda pissed that Tua didn't win but this actually infuriates me way more.

Imagine for one moment joining the best fraternity on the planet and some dork in a basement reports this crap totally killing your entire buzz.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/12/08/kyler-murray-heisman-winners-old-homophobic-tweets-resurfaced/2255806002/

Grits
AG
People who choose not to forgive, don't deserve forgiveness.

-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Don't know what the story is or was
Should have stopped right there before going into your "but maybe" B.S. Posts like this are what's wrong with the internet.
johnnyblaze36
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Should have stopped right there before going into your "but maybe" B.S. Posts like this are what's wrong with the internet.
Yep. Kyler called his friends the dreaded "f" word (look out that window) when he was a freshman and sophomore in high school and some yahoo from USA Today tries to make it a story an hour after he wins the Heisman?

edit: looks like he didn't even call them ******s but instead called them "queers". Good lord, our t-shirts used to say "steers and queers....". People have got to stop apologizing for this bullsh.

InvoiceAg
First Kevin Hart and now Kyler... sounds like short people are the real victims here
Rojo Grande
I thought queers was an accepted term........the "letter train" that describes them is LGBTQ. If not acceptable, what does the Q stand for?
RAB83
AG
He'll be playing ball in the Bay Area. He may have his own section of boo-birds.
Seamaster
AG
He shouldn't have apologized.

johnnyblaze36
AG
RAB83 said:

He'll be playing ball in the Bay Area. He may have his own section of boo-birds.
Billy Beane is certainly a smarter baseball executive than I am but I won't be surprised if he's stuck with the Midland Rockhounds for a long time in which case he'll have nothing to worry about.
5C
AG
2 lessons here:

-Don't use words that offend gays
-Twitter is gay
Bryanisbest
AG
Snicklepox said:

"Father, forgive them. They know not what they do," as the Jews and the Romans crucified Jesus, the Christ at Calvary hill.

"Seventy times seven."
Phoenix1
Good lord. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Let's see a show of posts from people on this board whe never used the "f" word or far worse as a teenager. If cell phone cameras and social media existed when my generation was growing up we would all have to go into hiding. This is rediculous.
johnnyblaze36
AG
There's a thread on forum 16 about this and maybe that's where it belongs but here's the guy who waited for an hour after the ceremony to write this.

This dude doesn't have an agenda or anything. USA Today is tabloid trash. If they want to salvage any sort of integrity this guy will be given the pink slip by lunch time TODAY.

Quote:

Scott Gleeson
News & Enterprise Reporter

I'm a Chicago resident who grew up watching Michael Jordan stick his tongue out, and joined USA TODAY in 2011 digital editing/writing on college and pro basketball. Now I mostly cover breaking news and social issues through a sports lens.

My enterprise and human interest work on the LGBT movement in sports made me an APSE award finalist in 2016 and a USBWA award winner in 2017. Away from a keyboard, I'm an avid marathon runner with an embarrassing addiction to boyband music. My personal passion is my family namely my little brother, Micah, and dog, Miles.
HelloUncleNateFitch
I remember just 15-20 years ago when it was weird if kids weren't saying "gay-wad", "******", "queer-bait", as general insults. Times change in a hurry.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Kyler is not the bully in this story.
Federale01
AG
Snicklepox said:

I know this isn't the R&P board but I'm not sure that's how the forgiveness thing works.
Federale01
AG
People could have brought it up before the ceremony in hopes of costing him votes. That would have been bad. While it's not much of a story, there was nothing really salacious in the article. Did Kyler say it? I agree it's not that big of a deal but he did say it.

What shocks me is how many of these people don't go back and scrub their twitter accounts. Times change. Before you step out in a national stage, go back and check your account before everyone else does.
jeff1971
AG
Good lord. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

I believe the correct version is: Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Jesus probably knew the correct pronoun
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
When is one of these celebrities gonna step up & tell pc masses to shove it...

I wish somebody would just say "sorry you're butthurt, but I think gay jokes are funny"

Or race jokes, or religion jokes, or whatever

Why do they keep appeasing the pc pieces of *****
Lateralus Ag
AG
jeff1971 said:

Good lord. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

I believe the correct version is: Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. Jesus probably knew the correct pronoun

He was probably speaking Aramaic if he said it at all.
Federale01
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

When is one of these celebrities gonna step up & tell pc masses to shove it...

I wish somebody would just say "sorry you're butthurt, but I think gay jokes are funny"

Or race jokes, or religion jokes, or whatever

Why do they keep appeasing the pc pieces of *****
To keep getting paid. Employers don't like people who piss off a large part of their customer base.
Liquid Wrench
I think Kevin Hart refused to apologize and that's why he's not hosting the Oscars.

And a few comedians have. Seinfeld and Chris Rock (and lots of others I'm sure) refuse to play college campuses anymore because of the sensitive P.C. bullies.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Federale01 said:

Snicklepox said:

I know this isn't the R&P board but I'm not sure that's how the forgiveness thing works.
Well this may bring it all full circle. We've now reached peak intersectionality of R&P, Politics, and A&M related football.

88jrt06
AG
InvoiceAg said:

First Kevin Hart and now Kyler... sounds like short people are the real victims here
Look, a vicious slur targeting the vertically challenged!

Once, there was even a song that said they "got no reason to live"!
class_of_26_ag
johnnyblaze36 said:

ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Yep. Kyler called his friends the dreaded "f" word (look out that window) when he was a freshman and sophomore in high school and some yahoo from USA Today tries to make it a story an hour after he wins the Heisman?

edit: looks like he didn't even call them ******s but instead called them "queers". Good lord, our t-shirts used to say "steers and queers....". People have got to stop apologizing for this bullsh.

And this is why us freshman and sophomores in high school don't use twitter
88jrt06
AG
Or grammar!
j/k!
infinity ag
i don't know why people use twitter unless one is really important in terms of what one says.

I am not, so I deleted all my likes and tweets because i don't want a moran to look at my tweet and assume things about me. same with linkedin, i don't post or like anything controversial. for example, there are articles about good and bad bosses and i don't want my current boss to assume I am talking about him when i may be talking about a previous boss

not worth it. create a fake account and tweet if you want
PooDoo
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

I remember just 15-20 years ago when it was weird if kids weren't saying "gay-wad", "******", "queer-bait", as general insults. Times change in a hurry.
My grandpa thought gay meant happy. Thank goodness he didn't have Twitter.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
What a great moment for Kyle Murray...

I thought this thread was going to be about refusing to go back into the Alabama game or having to leave the Auburn game due to a routine hit that 100% of college football QBs should be able to take....
pants
Rojo Grande said:

I thought queers was an accepted term........the "letter train" that describes them is LGBTQ. If not acceptable, what does the Q stand for?
You're joking, I assume...
rangelady
AG
Rojo Grande said:

Questioning. Ain't got it sorted out yet. NCAA has whole committees dealing with this.,...
HTownAg
AG
my goodness, snowflakes are a sensitive lot.....

going back years to be offended by this comment....going back decades to be offended by Baby, It's Cold Outside or Rudolph..........
Dr. Nefario
rangelady said:

Rojo Grande said:

Questioning. Ain't got it sorted out yet. NCAA has whole committees dealing with this.,...

What a bunch of homophobes. Don't they know that word is hurtful and offensive?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.