Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler

3,957 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
eastdallasag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So why did Kyler really leave A&M?
DBill
AG
Better food choices in Norman I imagine.
TX AG 88
AG
I would really like to hear this story someday. Surely there are people who know. (Besides the Internet badasses who say he was scared of SEC Lbs, etc.)
Alpha Texan
AG
Just find that Hubenak story... that'll answer all your questions. Also, i think Sumlin was trying to keep him from playing baseball
Mr. Black
Alpha Texan said:

Just find that Hubenak story... that'll answer all your questions. Also, i think Sumlin was trying to keep him from playing baseball
Yep. See here for Jake's thoughts.
aeon-ag
His move was best for him, he would never have accomplished the Heisman if he had stayed here under dumb sum!
Muy
AG
The biggest question is "how could Sumlin have mismanaged the Kyle / Kyler situation so poorly?"
Sponge
AG
I'd say he's an idiot. He should have stayed here, played baseball, and never set foot on a football field. He's risking all his baseball money with football and he never had a shot as a pro in the nfl.
Mythotbetterthanyours
Sponge said:

I'd say he's an idiot. He should have stayed here, played baseball, and never set foot on a football field. He's risking all his baseball money with football and he never had a shot as a pro in the nfl.

We'll he's got a several million dollar signing bonus.
Got to play football one year
Going the the play-offs
Won the heisman

Will be playing spring base ball for lots of money

I guess you're right. He's an idiot

Maybe you should stick to your sailboating.....
SA68AG
AG
Mr. Black said:

Alpha Texan said:

So the bottom line is piss poor communications ,indecision, and horrible decision making by Sumlin and Spav.

Sumlin and Spav just completely mishandled the QB situation and completetly lost the trust and confidence of the QB group if not the team.
Christopherna11
AG
wow, I've never seen that article from Jake. I always assumed there was some talks of QB rotation.
Bunk Moreland
Muy said:

The biggest question is "how could Sumlin have mismanaged the Kyle / Kyler situation so poorly?"

Because he's not a leader of men.
88jrt06
AG
Muy said:

Slider's career would end after maybe 10 consecutive SEC starts...if he could even pull that off. Very smart to move to "B" league, pile up easy stats before 40k against teams with
1) LBs manning the line, 2) DBs playing LB and 3) Hobbits at DB....Kyler-scale FB! Voila...Heisman.
I say kudos to Team Murray. It's fashionable here to hate Kevin; that's misguided. Your kid over your alma mater. Every time. He won, big-time (like we Ags tend to do...hehe).
FWIW, I think "evil" Summy knew Kyler was always one hit away from... death(?) also, and wasn't willing to risk his job making guarantees. And, how obvious is it now that KYLER was far better, period, than Kyle "NFL" Allen? Bye, Felicia.

It's hard to ***** because I'm 100% positive he could never
get through an entire SEC season....so not a fit here at QB1.
And next year, OU starts over, who cares about Allen, and we have Mond and a ****ing STABLE of receivers. We played the long game at QB, and damn sure wouldn't trade with "Heisman U" going forward...
Post removed:
by user
FarmerJohn
AG
I'm glad this worked out for him. It has no bearing on our past season and I have some sympathy for the drama of the Sumlin era. That being said, this is a Ty Detmer Heisman.
decent looking Ag
Sumlin is basically mentally ******ed. That's why.
agdaddy04
AG
Sponge said:

On FOX NFL show they just said some GMs have said he'd be guaranteed 1st round pick if he says he'll focus on football.

I don't see it but I don't make those decisions.
Muy
AG
Mythotbetterthanyours said:

Sponge said:

We'll he's got a several million dollar signing bonus.
Got to play football one year
Going the the play-offs
Won the heisman

Will be playing spring base ball for lots of money

I guess you're right. He's an idiot

Maybe you should stick to your sailboating.....

Agree, but he won't be getting lots of additional money unless he makes the bigs. Minor leaguers all live on fairly mediocre salaries.
Alpha Texan
AG
Mr. Black said:

Alpha Texan said:

thanks, I didn't have the time to hunt it down last night
500,000ags
AG
The truth is that what happened doesn't happen under even Mazzone as OC. Spav was a 29 year old imbecile who ran the same 5 plays over and over, couldn't communicate other than calling players barely younger than him "kids," and had no business running a SEC offense.

This season we saw play calling designed to help us keep the ball and games close until the end - AND IT WORKED. It was a solution to benefit the entire team. Imagine that, offensive strategy and execution.

Everyone here remembers the ridiculous running play we'd use after every 1st down completion. Lol, simplistic clown show.
zephyr88
AG
I'm glad...

1) the Sumlin sheet-show has left town

2) Kyler won the Heisman

3) Aggies now have Jimbo
Phoenix1
No Waffle House.
PippAg
AG
Mr. Black said:

Alpha Texan said:

Thanks for the link. That was really damning.
Sparkie
AG
eastdallasag said:

So why did Kyler really leave A&M?
0.9 QBR vs Bama.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sponge said:

Are you serious? He won a heisman trophy AND received a multi million dollar signing bonus to play baseball...I'm sure he's very happy with the decisions he's made
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.