Texas A&M Football

The Internet reacts to Texas A&M's record-breaking win over LSU

November 25, 2018

I’m writing this story at 2am and I’m not at all tired. Alright maybe a little, but I must PRESS ON in order to bring y’all the #content you so richly deserve after a game like that.

Let’s take a stroll down Twitter Lane and see how the nation reacted to the highest-scoring college football game in the history of the FBS.

First, it was #OVER.

Whoopsies!

Dan Wolken deleted the tweet below, but the Internet never forgets, DAN.

If you recall, we’ve seen this before..

It wasn’t just reporters who were rushing to drive the final nail in A&M’s coffin — LSU players themselves gave Coach O a Gatorade bath (or as Lou Holth referred to it … Premature Gatoration).

BUT in a “kind of lucky” turn of events, Kellen Mond’s knee was down and A&M got another shot in regulation. Then they scored. Then we died.

Then Texas A&M and LSU proceeded to play another 18 hours and 27 minutes until one team died and a champion emerged victorious.

Then … uhhhh all hell broke loose?

Apparently everyone is fine and the incident is being looked into so LET’S MOVE ON.

Post-game reaction came pouring in and Whataburger started us off right by advertising breakfast tacos while also correctly referring to A&M as the “Texas Aggies.”

This tweet did NOT sit well with a Louisiana elementary principal.

Speaking of things not sitting well, the officiating — while favoring LSU early on — took a decided turn in A&M’s favor at the end of regulation and in overtime. And some media members were NOT PLEASED.

Other non-media people Longhorns were taking notice as well. Some were screaming.

Some were making (very) bad jokes.

And some were just complaining.

Oh I’m sorry that’s a media member. I think. 

Of course, LSU fans were beside themselves. If you’re prone to enjoy basking in Tiger tears, feel free to scroll through the replies to this tweet:

Enough about officiating. We’ll just leave this here and move along quietly.

And now is the portion of our story where we check in with former players!

Poor Christian Kirk was stuck in a west coast hotel room that somehow didn’t have the SEC Network.

Nevermind CRISIS AVERTED.

As you can imagine after a game like this, the #STATNERDS were out in full force.

And my personal favorite

After there were no more numbers to run, it was time to just start trolling the haters, beginning with the official account.

And then there’s the matter of exorcising some demons, including the dreaded Kirk Herbstreit Kiss of Death™

That about sums it up, Ags. Feel free to add anything I missed below.

Wherever you were — even if you left early — you won’t ever forget this game.

#IBelieve

Discussion from...

The Internet reacts to Texas A&M's record-breaking win over LSU

86,221 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FriscoKid
Mr. Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent work, Stewart! Gig 'em!
OKG2000
AG
you are doing the Lord's work Stew!! well done!!
Al Bula
AG
Twitter can be an awesome thing used properly
wbt5845
AG

Rubicante
AG
Tiger Droppings is a salt mine today. Highly recommend!
Humorous Username
AG
Stew calling out Fat Ketch for being a "journalist".
AG
Well played. F the corn dog eaters. Funny, Inrhiught we were getting huge breaks too, but then even the announcers were agreeing with the referees on the knee down and 1 second on the clock. Frankly, after getting hosed so often, it was football karma.
oldschool87
AG
Not 1 holding call on either team all night. Not 1. I am sure we were holding all night. But saw Mack get face masked and tackled more than 3 times...

I give anyone the big Shawn song about the refs. On that field we have been screwed so many times it's not funny. Tell any Lsu fan to go watch the 2012 game if you want to see the worlds biggest screw job!!!!
Humorous Username
AG
Tim Brando is not "objective". The guy HATES A&M.
gamedrunk
AG
Sure feels good to be on the winning end of games like this one.
JaySugar
You are exactly right. Tim Brando has always hated A&M. Dude is clueless
Bryank89
Why is the "A&M Assistant" wearing an Alabama Red shirt? Surely if he were actually associated with the team he could come up with some properly branded Adidas swag.
Humorous Username
AG
JaySugar said:

You are exactly right. Tim Brando has always hated A&M. Dude is clueless

How can Tim Brando be objective when he lives in Shreveport, and has a daughter that went to LSU?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Brando
mackenziestv
I have never liked Brando's telecasts. What is his purpose of posting? I would God forbid even listen to Brent Musberger than him, and that hurts to say! Don't think we care Tim-
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Humorous Username said:

He's from Louisiana, Shreveport I think.
TaggiesT
Caruso with a perfect response to the raging t-sip.
maroonthrunthru
Brando doesn't hate the Ags... He's from BR and LOVES the Tigers... Not objective, but not a hater...
30wedge
Twitter, lol
johnnyblaze36
AG
This is greatness. Sadly I'm one of those that left early when I thought it was over. By the time I was walking by Fish Pond I heard a thunderous roar and sprinted into Duddley's to watch all seven overtimes.

Moral of the story: don't ever 2%. FML.
69er
AG
Calling out the refs is ignorant. The refs were trying to shaft us each time. It was the replay video that kept bailing us out.
usmcbrooks
Christ sakes, the one guy's avatar is Cart McCoy.
Bunk Moreland
Dan Wolkens Twitter is a pathetic read. He's so bitter. Great Aggie bookend to the season for him.

He starts it by dropping the ridiculous marichol story that blows up almost immediately and then finishes it by taking a jab at A&M and Jimbo before the game is over, then deletes the tweet and spends the rest of the night listening to random Twitter dorks trying to throw shade on the game.

Go drunk, Dan. You're home.
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
Incredible.

Gig 'em, Ags.
DukeMu
Humorous Username said:

Got his start in sports in a Baton Rouge TV station.
BaileyAg
AG
Great job, Stew...enjoyed this
JodyMcD96
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

This is greatness. Sadly I'm one of those that left early when I thought it was over. By the time I was walking by Fish Pond I heard a thunderous roar and sprinted into Duddley's to watch all seven overtimes.

That stinks.

My wife and I did the same thing years ago for an OSU game. We said never again will we leave when there's a chance, I'm so glad we stayed.

It was awesome!
88jrt06
AG
Superb work, Stewart!
88jrt06
AG
JodyMcD96 said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

That stinks.
My wife and I did the same thing years ago for an OSU game. We said never again will we leave when there's a chance, I'm so glad we stayed.
It was awesome!
I did it for our Ole Miss comeback 4-5 years ago. Sulkin' off to Dud's...
OTOH, postgame, the saw-em-off line stretched from front porch to back porch, maybe 60-80 folks.
A couple unexpected kisses from delirious women...'twas a decent consolation prize!
FriscoKid
AG
Good Stuff
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.