Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Uniforms tomorrow

9,456 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbt5845
Jason Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tomcgigem said:

Probably a stupid question, but do quarterbacks ever get confused during a game when both teams have the same (or similar) colored uniforms/helmets? Just wondering.

I've always wondered if the ball is harder to see with maroon when the QB does a fake hand off. Giving us a slight advantage at home.
Falsedawn
AG
Some of y'all have horrible taste lmao. Our unis are great.
Falsedawn
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

I am still wondering using modern day technology. Why does it appear we still have different shades of maroon on the unis and helmets?

Those boxes are the same color
94chem
Meximan said:

It's a love hate relationship with the uniforms. Half the Aggies love to hate them, the other half hate to love them.

I'm in the half that doesn't care, can't remember what we wore and wouldn't notice if we changed at halftime.
JPK89
AG
Jon Cocktosin said:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I don't have an Insta account...do you have a picture?

Edit...I'm an impatient idiot and didn't read your post all the way through. I will just look up pics from the Bama game.

2nd Edit: here's a pic

What kind of name is Poon anyway?

AggieMD95
AG
sshm said:

strbrst777 said:

Not Sumlin unis. The name is Ballard. I like 'em.
Bellard unis had no "Texas A&M" on the front, no leg stripes, no bevel on the numbers, and white helmets. The shoulder stripes don't make them Bellard unis.

Technically yes this is true
HustlerAggie
aggie813
Comanche Indian
Aggieair
No maroon pants.
Reno Hightower
Sherrill era uniforms or gtfo.
tjack16
AG
HustlerAggie said:

Swag ... yee haw
hsjnlssmith89
AG
Bone6 said:

Quote:

Our Unis suck ass
Yeah, definitely in the bottom tier of unis in college football. It's frustrating watching the a&m vs Kentucky throwback unis.

If you are saying the throwback unis for the KU game sucked, then you are absolutely CRAZY!!! Maybe I'm mis-reading your post. The classic 80's look was amazing. A rich maroon color and no stupid stripes on the legs and shoulder pads. Wish we would stay with that look for every game.
Alan Stanwyck
AG
We must make a change after this season. They are terrible uniforms right now.
class12of
AG
It all has to do with memories and reminders. People don't like our current uniforms because they are a reminder of Sumlin. People like the '98 throwbacks because they are a reminder of a championship team and a pretty dominant era in Aggie football.

From purely a design perspective, the current uniforms are great. Bringing in history, adding in a modern style, and still keeping things simple (exact opposite of schools like Oregon). But no one can seem to get past the bad memories they evoke. The '98s were great to bring back as throwbacks, but are nothing special as a design and kinda look like a practice jersey.
Aggie
AG
class12of said:

It all has to do with memories and reminders. People don't like our current uniforms because they are a reminder of Sumlin. People like the '98 throwbacks because they are a reminder of a championship team and a pretty dominant era in Aggie football.

From purely a design perspective, the current uniforms are great. Bringing in history, adding in a modern style, and still keeping things simple (exact opposite of schools like Oregon). But no one can seem to get past the bad memories they evoke. The '98s were great to bring back as throwbacks, but are nothing special as a design and kinda look like a practice jersey.

That's false because the uniforms we wore during the Sherman and Fran years were very similar to what what we wore in the 90's and they still looked 100 times better than the current uniforms Sumlin introduced.

The matte helmets with grey face mask are terrible
The bevel numbers are beyond terrible
The stripes are too busy

Those are Sumlins changes
TXAG 05
AG
class12of said:

People like the 98 throwbacks because they are a sharp, good looking uniform. Maroon shirts with plain white numbers/text. No BS.
cevans_40
AG
The mid-90's MWM uniforms are my all time favorite
Jon Cocktosin
AG
JPK89 said:

Jon Cocktosin said:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I don't have an Insta account...do you have a picture?

Edit...I'm an impatient idiot and didn't read your post all the way through. I will just look up pics from the Bama game.

2nd Edit: here's a pic

What kind of name is Poon anyway?

Comanche Indian
Jon Cocktosin
AG
lknapp said:

Put it on the Underhill's tab..
I'll have a Bloody Mary, a steak sandwich and a stake sandwich
zipp99
AG
White facemarks or GTFO.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." (Albert Einstein)

wbt5845
AG
This is a great look
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.