Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

College football vs NFL

6,641 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by W
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which do you enjoy more?
Sharpshooter
AG
Easily College.
West Point Aggie
AG
CFB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> overpaid baby football
bert harbinson
AG
You serious Clark?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh it's easily CFB for me. Just wondering if that's universal.
TexanJeff
AG
College is more enjoyable

NFL is better quality

Weird but true
halfastros81
AG
College. No contest imo
PyriteAg
AG
TexanJeff said:

NFL is better quality

Weird but true
Best description
MookieBlaylock
AG
Redzone makes the NFL a perfect sporting event

College football games are better
chevy con queso
AG
I have a hard time watching NFL and avoided it entirely this past year and so far all of this season.

It hasn't hurt. NFL just doesn't have the passion and glory involved in college ball, nor does it have that wildcard feel where anything can happen.

I'm not gonna say it's as bad as watching golf, but it's not inspiring to me at all. CFB all day, every day.
bert harbinson
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh it's easily CFB for me. Just wondering if that's universal.

Fair enough, but around here, I would think college in a landslide.
AGSWON
AG
College, but these BS rules they keep implementing each year is really starting to cause the game to slide downhill imo.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You are asking a college football board whether they prefer college or professional football?
Madmarttigan
AG
Champ Bailey said:

You are asking a college football board whether they prefer college or professional football?
Formerly tv1113
AggieSVT
AG
College football and it isn't even close
Dr Lane Trowlan
AggieSVT said:

This. I could watch college all day from when Gameday starts to the Pac12 games at night. For the NFL, unless it's the playoffs/Super Bowl, I only watch the Cowboys. I don't care about watching the other games.
technoviking
AG
I know plenty of folks that love the NFL and aren't interested in college ball. I think they're crazy.

Champ's right... you won't get many NFL fans on this college football board
Drum5343
AG
I honestly don't know why I prefer college but I do.

The quality of pro football should attract me. But it doesn't really?

Maybe it's because I don't really have a connection to a pro-team.

But then again, I would gladly sit down and watch Michigan vs Iowa if given the chance and a few free hours. But I probably wouldn't watch a random regular season Patriots vs Colts or any pro game really.
King
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

AggieSVT said:

This. I could watch college all day from when Gameday starts to the Pac12 games at night. For the NFL, unless it's the playoffs/Super Bowl, I only watch the Cowboys. I don't care about watching the other games.

This.
Except I don't even watch the cowboys anymore. A combo of them sucking and being fed up with the NFL in general.
Slicer97
AG
Can't remember the last time I watched an NFL game from start to finish. Ain't much getting done chore-wise around the house on Saturdays in the fall.
ashley
I would be hard pressed tocall Texan or Cowboy games quality football. I would also add Nashville, Jacksonville, Denver, Oakland, Indianapolis, Arizona, Buffalo, Washington, both New York teams. That's a third of the league that con't play dead in a cowboys movie.
zephyr88
AG
Saturday is for the boys
aeon-ag
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Which do you enjoy more?
College! NFL is boring.
CatmanBoo
College!!! fantasy football makes the nfl much better, but not like college.
Geno
AG
Not only is college football way better.... There is SO much more of it
JCRiley09
AG
I have zero emotional connection to any NFL teams. So much so that it's hard to relate to people who are hardcore fans.
PlanetAggie
AG
JCRiley09 said:

I have zero emotional connection to any NFL teams. So much so that it's hard to relate to people who are hardcore fans.
Hardcore NFL Fans = their city is their identity.

Hardcore College Fans = The College they chose is who they are.
94chem
Dario said:

TexanJeff said:

NFL is better quality

Weird but true
Best description

NFL better quality? False starts, holding penalty on a touch back, lining up offsides, etc. The average Sunday clown show is about as quality as pro wrestling.
PatAg
AG
For those of you saying college, did you grow up in an area that had a NFL team?
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

I have a hard time watching NFL and avoided it entirely this past year and so far all of this season.

It hasn't hurt. NFL just doesn't have the passion and glory involved in college ball, nor does it have that wildcard feel where anything can happen.

I'm not gonna say it's as bad as watching golf, but it's not inspiring to me at all. CFB all day, every day.

I have found myself watching less and less of the NFL as the years have gone by, but I still watch college football all day and night

NFL is boring to me, college football just has more going on and more energy

The crazy upsets and varied styles of play plus the donor die aspect of every game make it so much more intriguing than the NFL
Drum5343
AG
PlanetAggie said:

JCRiley09 said:

This is true to an extent...

But I still enjoy watching random college teams much more than I enjoy watching random pro teams. I would rather watch two college teams I have no connection to than two pro teams I have no connection to.
PlanetAggie
AG
Drum5343 said:

PlanetAggie said:

JCRiley09 said:

But I still enjoy watching random college teams much more than I enjoy watching random pro teams. I would rather watch two college teams I have no connection to than two pro teams I have no connection to.
That's a great point, and I completely agree... but for me, it's because I care about how all of those moving parts might effect the end game for my favorite college team. Because strength of schedule matters, in a Kevin Bacon way, every game matters.

But for those people that chose not to go to college, their city (or their parent's city) seems to be the team of choice to follow.

And, in the NFL, you can lose 5 games (or more) and still find your way into the playoffs, or even win a Super Bowl. Impossible in college.
doc99
AG
I absolutely love college football and plan my day around every second of Aggie games and other good SEC match-ups.

I sometimes catch Texans games but rarely watch the whole game. Truth be told, had the Houston Oilers never moved to Tennessee I would probably care a little more about the home team / nfl. I don't really love the Texans like I did the Oilers when I was a kid.

So, definitely COLLEGE >>> PRO for me.

And, yes I grew up in an NFL city and live in one today.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Pro.
At least there everything is known and in the open.
Let's not continue to act as though "college" is not a big business. College football and men's basketball are the street walkers for networks and shoe companies.
Drum5343
AG
PlanetAggie said:

Drum5343 said:

PlanetAggie said:

JCRiley09 said:

That's a great point, and I completely agree... but for me, it's because I care about how all of those moving parts might effect the end game for my favorite college team. Because strength of schedule matters, in a Kevin Bacon way, every game matters.

But for those people that chose not to go to college, their city (or their parent's city) seems to be the team of choice to follow.

And, in the NFL, you can lose 5 games (or more) and still find your way into the playoffs, or even win a Super Bowl. Impossible in college.
That's all true. But still, I would sit down and watch a completely inconsequential Rutgers vs North Texas game long before I'd sit down and watch some regular season NFL game. But I'm weird like that haha.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.