Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

On-campus Muster - April 22, 2019 (NFR)

2,140 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Grits
DamnGood86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M Campus Muster Ceremony To Be Held Monday, April 22, 2019.
Per a press release by the University, "The decision was made by the student-led Aggie Muster Committee..."
Here I thought Muster was conducted on April 21, not a date determine convenient by a bunch of kids. Aggies at Corregidor must not have gotten the memo. I probably do not care about some random the A&M club but the University itself should honor this tradition above most any other.
Not football related but I thought some of you guys might want to be aware so you could contact folks about this.
Sharpshooter
AG
April 21 is Easter Sunday. There are some things more important than Tradition.
Forrest Gump
AG
"Kids need to grow up and learn to make decisions!"............"We can't leave decisions to some dumb kids." Which way would you have it, Sir?
TexanJeff
AG
Bummer.
Seems like Easter Sunday is logistically a good day for Muster for those of us coming in from Houston.

That said, those of us with loses this year were probably going no matter when...
Sue94
AG
Well, to be fair, it's a tough spot to be in. And they did consult with everybody they could think of -- including families who were participants last year, and the Class of 1969 who are the 50-Year Reunion class this year. (The Class of 1969 was firmly in favor of having this Muster ceremony on the 22nd)

They're very aware they aren't moving "Muster," I promise you. Muster Day is April 21, that never changes,and they are careful to state that. Just moving their one particular ceremony.

Most of the Musters planned for next year are, so far, also not on April 21 -- I stuffed all of the historical precedent I could into this story:

https://www.aggienetwork.com/news/149753/many-aggie-musters-to-be-held-april-22-in-2019/
Sue94
AG
Jeff, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I always ask, whenever I talk to someone in this situation, just to doublecheck that they are certain their loved one will be on the short list that is called at Reed Arena?

https://www.aggienetwork.com/news/145028/which-muster-calls-a-particular-aggies-name/

You probably know all this perfectly well, and I apologize, but I always ask because it upsets me when a family finds out too late, after they've booked hotel rooms or something like that.

Tobias Funke
AG
A date is just a date. Muster is more powerful and special than a number on a calendar.

This decision was made with the best interests in mind and it'll go back to normal next year. No need to be upset.
TexanJeff
AG
Sue94 said:

Jeff, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I always ask, whenever I talk to someone in this situation, just to doublecheck that they are certain their loved one will be on the short list that is called at Reed Arena?

https://www.aggienetwork.com/news/145028/which-muster-calls-a-particular-aggies-name/

You probably know all this perfectly well, and I apologize, but I always ask because it upsets me when a family finds out too late, after they've booked hotel rooms or something like that.

Thank you for that. It is greatly appreciated.
Sue94
AG
Almost any Muster you want to attend (EXCEPT the student one in Reed Arena*) can add your loved one's name to their Roll Call. Just contact the Muster chair of the one you want to attend and they can help you. Let me know, also, if there's any info I can get for you - I'm at sowen94@aggienetwork.com.

* The Reed Arena one has so many such requests that they had to restrict it to certain categories, out of fairness. Also, they do a whole lot of formal things like assign each family a host, so it's harder to change plans. Local Musters, even the large ones, generally have simpler Roll Calls and can add names especially if they know someone will be present who wants to answer "Here."
DecadePlan
AG
Muster is an honored day but the ceremony will be more special when it isn't expected to share another venerated day. This is an acceptable compromise...more consistent with the nobility of the event than had it been held on Easter, I think.
Grits
AG
Easter is a tradition.
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.