Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Which True Freshman have already exceeded 4 games

5,502 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Front Range Ag
SoCalAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And burned their redshirt this year? Obviously Corbin and Brown, but who else? Wright? O'Neal? Preston?
Ranch Dressing
AG
All of the above with the potential exception of Jalen Preston.
Bayside Tiger Ag
Drumstik
vander54
S
https://12thman.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football&year=2018

Participation report. Click on the arrow and select miscellaneous.
World's worst proofreader
TexanJeff
AG
Brown
Corbin
ONeal
Wright
small
SoCalAg97
AG
Thanks. This says Jalen has played in 5 games. I guess it's been extremely limited as I've been looking for him each game, especially once Ausbon went down. Expect huge things from him.
SoCalAg97
AG
TexanJeff said:

Brown
Corbin
ONeal
Wright
small

That site says Preston as well.
vander54
S
SoCalAg97 said:

Thanks. This says Jalen has played in 5 games. I guess it's been extremely limited as I've been looking for him each game, especially once Ausbon went down. Expect huge things from him.

I think we have seen a lot of the fish on special teams but I haven't really paid attention to who is out there.
World's worst proofreader
LEJ
There's no such thing as "burning a redshirt" anymore.

You're either ballin, or you ain't.
mm42
Brian Johnson has been very good on special teams and I thought he would redshirt and maybe be a special teams guy eventually.
AWP 97
AG
According to the official Game Notes that were released for the S.C. Game, 9 true fish had already played in 5+ games. Small had only played in four up to that point but he obviously played against S.C. to reach five.

If accurate, these players have already lost their RS:

Brown, Corbin, Jackson, Martin, Johnson, Wright, O'Neal, Preston, Beal, and Small.

Moore has four games but I'm not sure if he played against S.C. or what the plans for him are the rest of the season.
TMartin
Preston has had the opportunity to play this year but apparently isn't ready. I hope he's not like a five star that passed through A&M recently.
Front Range Ag
AG
Vernon Jackson has played in 5 per the participation report.
OrygunAg
AG
Surprised chapman hasn't played more
Saltgrass
AG
OrygunAg said:

Surprised chapman hasn't played more
Chapman can't. He blew a knee in practice.
Aston04
AG
Doorbell said:

Vernon Jackson has played in 5 per the participation report.
wonder if that's right- seems like a dumb choice..
beerad12man
AG
Why? He's making the special teams better and they probably see him as a contributor next year. Some experience is better than no experience.

Worrying about 2022 right now seems like a dumb choice if you have a guy that can help you now. Yes, even just for special teams
Front Range Ag
AG
The coaches have their reasons and I'm not going to even try and understand how or why certain guys play. I'm just going to watch the product that they produce and hope our guys win.

That said, this whole thing of watching who plays and when can get very interesting. Not to derail from the original question about freshman, but take Ben Miles for example. The report says he played in 1 game and I remember seeing him in that game. I can't help but wonder, why just one? If he wasn't injured, was there something about the scheme that night that warranted two fullbacks? Did Gillaspia need to come out for some reason? If he was far enough along to see the field that night, why not since then?

Again, not to focus particularly on Ben, but just an example.
theeyetest
Doorbell said:

The coaches have their reasons and I'm not going to even try and understand how or why certain guys play. I'm just going to watch the product that they produce and hope our guys win.

That said, this whole thing of watching who plays and when can get very interesting. Not to derail from the original question about freshman, but take Ben Miles for example. The report says he played in 1 game and I remember seeing him in that game. I can't help but wonder, why just one? If he wasn't injured, was there something about the scheme that night that warranted two fullbacks? Did Gillaspia need to come out for some reason? If he was far enough along to see the field that night, why not since then?

Good morning, Les.
Front Range Ag
AG
gigemtrev said:

Doorbell said:

Good morning, Les.
Well done, sir.
NoahAg
SoCalAg97 said:

TexanJeff said:

Brown
Corbin
ONeal
Wright
small

That site says Preston as well.

Are these actual routes run, or special teams? I know he had a TD in the first game. Don't recall much since.
Front Range Ag
AG
My understanding is that a player 'participates' if they are on the field for at least 1 official play (offense, defense, or special teams).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.