Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any Word on Micheal Clemons Returning?

7,501 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dttd888
S.A. Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping his foot has healed enough for him to return after the bye week.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Idk. I would like to though.
Jason Ag
AG
"Clemons...from a healing standpoint I think is very, very close. It's just a matter of doctors and the pain tolerance, what he can take from what I understand." Fisher on 9/24

Good chance after the bye it seems, or could just be coach speak.
happy days
If he plays in 4 games or less, could he redshirt?
Fannie Luddite
AG
happy days said:

If he plays in 4 games or less, could he redshirt?
No, he took a redshirt in JUCO.
jbones
AG
Medical redshirt ?
CatmanBoo
is he a baseball player? jk, he gone.
Reno Hightower
Who?
AgsWin2011
AG
At this point, if he can get a medical red shirt by not playing at all this year, I say sit him out and save him for another year. We've already lost two games so it's not like we are exactly playing to win anything, but to improve every week.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Heismenberg said:

At this point, if he can get a medical red shirt by not playing at all this year, I say sit him out and save him for another year. We've already lost two games so it's not like we are exactly playing to win anything, but to improve every week.
Make sure to tell Jimbo and the players that we're not playing to win anything the rest of the year.....
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Still playing for a NY6 bowl game. It's not the playoffs but it's a step in the right direction.
C Loves L
Reno Hightower said:

Who?

DE that played in every game last year
beerad12man
AG
If he can help us even a hair, you play him. No ifs and's or buts. No thinking about 2020. If he helps you even in the slightest, even for just one game, you play him and don't look back.

Plus, you can't just decide to sit a guy and medically redshirt him. He has to legitimately be injured for the rest of the year. And there's no guarantee he'd get a 6th year anyways. Nor would he be likely to stay a 6th year. Most guys leave. We are recruiting a ton of bodies on the DL. Someone who isn't good enough to go pro before what would be their 6th season likely won't get PT for us by 2020 anyways.

If things fall that way then so be it, but it's the last thing on my mind right now.
Tamu_mgm
AG
I think another reason to play him is simply because he's only got 1 more year after this one regardless of whether he plays or not doesn't he? This is because he's a JUCO guy and I think he came in with 3 years to play 3. So yes, play him even if he's only got 3 healthy games this year.
Agsuffering@bulaw
In that case, he needs to play. The medical redshirt is like an onside kick with slightly better odds.

If he can get 3-4 games in this year, he needs to take them.
theeyetest
He still has one more year after this to play. Play him and hope he makes an impact on our pass rush!
Gigem713
Wasn't he the guy that played in Friday Night Lights? Didn't know he played in real life.
Southlake
Saxophone guy?
decent looking Ag
It's doubtful he'll play this year. Same with Chattman.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Heismenberg said:

Have you ever actually played sports?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Fannie Luddite
AG
Not sure the coaches see a need for him and may risk further injury. Our DE have played well. We could use Chattman though.
AgsWin2011
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Heismenberg said:

Have you ever actually played sports?

Um yes. It's not like I'm saying to quit because we have lost 2 games. I hope we win out and think we have the coaching and team to do so (yes even against the corndogs). But I'm just saying if you can get 2 full years out of a potential great player, wouldn't you rather have him for 2 FULL years than for one full season and less than a half season where you have already lost 2 games?

If it were possible, I'd rather him heal properly and get 2 full seasons out of him. Sorry if you think that's illogical thinking.
dttd888
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

Heismenberg said:

Make sure to tell Jimbo and the players that we're not playing to win anything the rest of the year.....

Both of these points are valid though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.