Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quote from Marcus Spears

12,090 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by halfastros81
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rock1982 said:

That is awesome. Can you post the link?
Chesapeake Ag
deadbq03 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

We are probably 2 years from having any shot at the title. (The schedule alone next year would do most teams in)

But the POS media finally realized what we were sitting on. It took hiring Jimbo for those chumps to see it.
I disagree. The media has recognized that we have all the resources in the world since the Fran era when our facilities caught up. I specifically remember an old article that talked about us and UCLA as two schools that have everything going for them but somehow can't put it all together.

And they've frequently made bold predictions (like Herbie calling us a dark horse for the MNC in 2005). Hopefully now we finally have got the guy who can put it all together.
I agree with this. The media is just looking for a good story and have been willing to pump us up at times. But they've also called it when we underperformed.

We do ourselves a disservice when we think the media is out to get us, instead of recognizing what we still need to do.

Most recently it's been a coach who was given nation-leading facilities, salaries, and support, on top of inherent advantages from Aggieland's fanbase, traditions, recruiting base, and conference, and still couldn't finish in the Top 25 every year.

That's a failure in execution and an inability to use your assets. That wasn't a knock on A&M itself.

So Woodward went out and fixed it.
West Point Aggie
AG
We better not fire the AD!!
DatTallArchitect
AG
Rock1982 said:

That is awesome. Can you post the link?
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/watch-marcus-spears-peter-burns-explain-why-texas-am-will-be-college-footballs-next-dynasty/amp/
CatmanBoo
gigemtrev said:

Jimbo is a difference maker. I don't know if we lose both of those games against Kentucky and SCAR if Sumlin was still here, but we lose at least one for sure. Teams always mimic their head coaches personalities. You're starting to see the shift in this teams personalities from lackadaisical and unprepared to physical and focused.

This team has completely bought into Jimbo and his vision and things are moving in the right direction. They have the leaders on both sides of the ball (Dodson & Mond) to be really special next year. This is a team that is slowly but surely learning how to play together and to play for each other. I'm excited to turn on the TV and watch them each week to see how they've progressed.
we're not even IN them if Summy was here.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

No, in true Sumlin fashion, we probably win both of those games, move way up in the polls, then, in front of the home crowd at Kyle Field, play like crap and lose to Ole Miss, look sloppy against UAB, let them hang around and make our starters play into the 4th quarter, and then get blown out again by LSU at home. That's a Sumlin season in a nutshell.

You left out the beat down in Starkville that we would have received next week where we looked completely unprepared and Unmotivated

And, actually, it would have started this past week at South Carolina where Jake Bentley would have looked like a Heisman contender throwing for 400 yards and 4 td's in a rout to the tune of 45-24

halfastros81
AG
Ags Would be sitting at 3-3 with Sumlin at the helm and the losses would not have been competitive losses imo.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.