Story Poster
Photo by 12th MKOT Foundation
Texas A&M Football

Jackie Sherrill discusses Texas A&M, Kellen Mond and grabbing facemasks

October 3, 2018

Key notes from Jackie Sherrill interview

• I think the biggest thing you can say is about the focus that the players have on the field. They understand what it takes to have a championship team. You look at the production they are getting from positions where we had doubt. wide receivers and linebackers are making plays are excited to play together. If they can play like they did against Clemson for four quarters, this will be a special team.

• You look at the production and the upside. Kellen isn’t making freshmen mistakes. You could look at senior quarterbacks that are really disappointing and see that’s not what is happening with Kellen. Quarterback is so hard to play, when you lose the ability to pull the trigger, it results in a lot of late throws into closed windows. Mond has the ability and the mental capacity to succeed.

• When you go into a game, you always want to finish strong. It’s easy to lose your cool and composure when you lose focus. Maybe the guys went in and thought that Arkansas wasn’t that good. Reminds me of the time we played Texas in ’84. We could block everyone but their safety, but in the end, that safety got tired of having to make tackles and lost his focus. You don’t ever want to see guys lose that intensity.

• Let me tell you, the people that are making those comments about Tyrel and Jimbo have never been between the white lines. I wonder how these people discipline their kids. Coaches aren’t out there to be the players’ friends. These people just don’t understand competition and how you get players’ attentions in the heat of the moment.

• The problems with Mississippi State are all centered around their quarterback, Nick Fitzgerald. He is late getting throws out and is trying to fit throws into crowded areas.
Discussion from...

Jackie Sherrill discusses Texas A&M, Kellen Mond and grabbing facemasks

7,663 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gabe Bock
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.