Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Time to remember the Bear

1,054 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Alpha Texan
drilloil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Parting words when leaving - "I'm going home to mama", where they don't squeal. As he left A& M with a probation penalty and is still the only Div I coach that ever admitted he participated in recruiting violations.

Other parting words, "I'm leaving this program with what it had when I got here, a few dusty old helmets" Next winning season for A & M was 10 years later in 1967.

The Bear's contract was 1% of the gate. He then scheduled to play monsters away from Kyle that could only seat about 30,000. Thus we played LSU in Baton Rouge for 20 years and Rice in Houston every year.

Col Adams was the band director during the Bear. He had tried for a time to get the Bear to inform him when he wanted the band to play the "Spirit". He finally ran into the Bear one day on campus and asked whether he wanted the band to play the Spirit before or after the team came out. The Bear told him "I don't care if your f***ing band even shows up".

The Grand old Gentleman of College football.

BTHO Alabama!
dixichkn
AG
Mordred
AG
I liked it better last year.
Alpha Texan
AG
listen here, BUCKO, we don't need a thread on this every year. I understand you have an obsession with Bear Bryant and that marriage laws back then were different back then so you feel like you got the short end of the stick, but it's time to let it go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.