Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Cut the cord? - How to watch games

7,367 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ferg
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't you think you should have thought to figure that out before you cut your contract? Don't most of the streaming services offer a free trial? Go through the trial period while you still have your cord contract, figure out how it works, where to watch games, etc, then cut the cord.

C'mon people!!!
Lateralus Ag
AG
Or does your wife pay all the bills and she told you two days ago that she cut off your cable?
Leander - Ag
AG
AgEng06 said:

YouTubeTV has been great for us this season.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Can't speak for YouTube TV, but we have loved PS Vue. $45 a month and has all the games.
RockOn
reddit..... cfbstreams....
Signel
AG
I use my sling account to log into the watchespn app or page and then chromecast it for better connectivity. The Roku's can get glichy. I've got 4 roku's so I am a fan, but football better not chop.
Jules_Winnfield
Seamaster said:

CBS.

HD antenna.

The others (espn, sec etc) - HULU or Sling

EOT
falconace
We cut dtv and went psvue a year ago. We've got gigabit internet and haven't experienced the delay from texts. Seems pretty close to the normal speed. I've FaceTimed my parents who have dtv still (internet sucks) and there is only slight delay between our stream and their tv.
falconace
Also another benefit of psvue is that I bought a 3 extra fire TVs and a $100 box to enable me to have 4 games on at once in my media room. One time $240 investment vs an extra $30/month with dtv
2008and1
AG
RockOn said:

reddit..... cfbstreams....

This is the answer if not able to use an antenna.
R E L
AG
Hulu live tv
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Sling is garbage, I've used PS Vue, which is very good, I use Direct TV Now for streaming TV today because I get a great deal on it.
nonameag99
Directv Now $35 per month

I had to buy an antenna last year because it didn't have CBS. They include it now. I can't find a way that I don't get an Ag game.
Ferg
Also, if you go with a service that doesn't have all of the locals, you can check out CBS All Access, which is $10 a month, or if you go the Antenna route, you get full HD assuming you are close enough for reception. There are several products (Tablo is one) where you take the antenna signal and send it to all of your streaming deivices through wifi via an app.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
This is true, DirecTV Now now has Fox, NBC, and CBS local, you have access to ABC shows but not live streaming, however you can watch the ABC games on the ESPN app. I don't know why ABC is so far behind the other channels on live local streaming.
CroATM
AG
Has anyone tried FUBO TV? Geared towards sports channels and works well overseas as well (with VPN). Also offers a 7-day free trial.
JSKolache
AG
Yes OP there are many options. Cut it. I use DirecTVNow for ESPN access.

Most of the streaming services offer a free week trial so just sign up for one, get a Roku/fire stick/apple tv and try one out. If you don't like it after a week, sign up for another service and try theirs.

The services and packages are all no-contract billing, so move up and down packages or services depending on the season.
Ferg
CroATM said:

Has anyone tried FUBO TV? Geared towards sports channels and works well overseas as well (with VPN). Also offers a 7-day free trial.
I don't think they have the ESPN channels, so not likely to see Aggie Sports on that services.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.