Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Share your memory of the Red, White & Blue game at Kyle Field

2,013 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Barry Potter 09
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Saturday, 09.22.18 marks the 17th anniversary of the Red, White and Blue game at Kyle Field. In remembrance of this, we're giving away a Red, White and Blue framed commemorative Tee and Photograph.

In a collaborative effort with several companies, C.C. Creations was able to produce over 70,000 shirts for this game in a 10 day window and now we want to share our memories and pay respect to that solemn time.

To enter to win the Framed Tee and Photograph, fill out this form.

Were you at the Red, White, and Blue game? Watch it on TV? Please feel free to share your experiences and stories on this thread as well.
07ag
AG
had a red shirt, was the first aggie football game i ever attended. over 100 now. been downhill ever since!
dchack1971
AG
Nothing but total pride in the 12th man and a big lump in your throat !
BreNayPop
AG
Loved that game, extremely emotional time and lead up. I wore red (lost the shirt somewhere, unfortunately). The game itself provided some much needed soul repair. Was extremely proud to be part of the crowd.
Krautag81
Took my boss to that game, he was totally amazed at the Aggie patriotism and spirit. I still have my red shirt.
A is A
AG
Was only 12, living in Idaho. That game was powerful. I told my mom that I wanted to go to Texas A&M.

c/o 2011
TexasRebel
AG
Was my fish year. Was awestruck by that game.

Years later I'd forgotten that our opponent was OKstate. There are pictures of that game around Stillwater too. It was a welcome shock to see them again when I moved here.
Southlake
We didn't know about the colored shirts, but we just happened to be wearing white that day so we blended in!

Very cool.
lotoarmy
AG
I was already one of the olds, by that time. Not really understanding how things were done over the internet, I thought this was a valiant effort, but impossible. I expected to see some recognisable pattern in the red, white, and blue decks, but thought it would be rather ragged.

Our seats were in the third deck, west side. We couldn't see anything until we walked out the entrance to the third deck. What I saw overwhelmed me to tears. It was basically the view of the east side that became so famous.

When I got my composure back, I thought "No where else but America, and no where in America, but Texas A&M!"
Last of the Old Army
Raptor
AG
Being at this game, I knew that there was truly no other school like A&M. Beyond our traditions, deeper than our maroon blood runs, our national pride was on display to support the entire nation.

The game didn't matter, but the event brought all of us closer than we were on September 10th.

I was in my blue shirt in the NE corner and have never been more proud to be an American and an Aggie!
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Ringo88
AG
First Aggie game for my Gator wife. After that day, any rivalry talk of which school was better stopped. She just understood in an instant. Still have our red shirts.
amercer
AG
I'm one of the blue blobs in that photo, just above the band seats.
bqce
AG
Yep. We had blue shirts on and sat near the south end zone. What an amazing day
dirkjones
AG
Hot
joeagg321
AG
William_C_G
AG
Amazing that three students took the lead on organizing this.. And they made this happen in only 10 days! So many Aggies bought the correctly-colored shirts! If memory serves, the students had to get shirts from Houston, Dallas, and perhaps places even farther away. I wore a blue shirt that day in the middle of the lower deck of the west side and I still have it.

What a statement of patriotism during a dark time! The whole country saw it and was inspired.
Barry Potter 09
I was a freshman in high school. My dad already invited some non-Aggie family members to go to the game with us. I don't remember the conversation my parents had with them, but they still came for the game.

At that time, I had heard a little about the game, but didn't fully understand the full depth of the shirt idea. We went to a pregame buffet on the 2nd floor of the MSC, for my father was a member of Presidents group under Dr. Ray Bowen. Random chance, I picked out a blue collared shirt.

After the buffet, we walked over to the stadium. As we walked around the stadium, there was a noticeable scenery of the red, white, and blue shirts, but walking in, all was a colorful mess. But once we got to our first deck seats, reality started kicking in.

The view of the red 3rd deck, white 2nd deck, and blue 1st deck floored all of us. My aunt and uncle were constantly asking questions about how everything happened.

Yes, I still remember that our opponent was Oklahoma State, led by Les Miles, but the game was 2nd to that magical atmosphere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.