Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We're expected to get ROLLED

7,861 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ihatefallscounty
class_of_26_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24737455/college-football-week-4-game-picks

I know its ESPN but I think this could be motivation. At least they aren't saying 59-0.
Flashdiaz
AG
is there a graph or something that retroactively goes back on their picks to see if they were right?

because they've been wrong a lot so far.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Ummmmm 9/17 of them expect us to cover the spread.......

Not bad.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well, we were also expected to be rolled against Clemson, so there is that.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Jimbo's team doesn't need a pundit's (safe) opinion in order to get motivated to play the undisputed #1 team in the conference and country. If it does, this train has already jumped the tracks.

edit: We may or may not see a win, but I strongly believe we won't see quit. Bring hell with ya Ags!
King
AG
Lol Andrea Adelson
Pumpkinhead
AG
Actually, technically. everyone in the media right now is expecting Alabama to pretty much ROLL everyone. This Bama team is getting hyped at the moment as possibly Nick Saban's best team ever.

I've heard media types saying they think Bama wins by 14+ points if playing Ohio State right now. I've heard this Bama team getting Golden State Warrior comparisons in terms of how much better they may be than their peers.

It isn't personal. Has little to do with A&M. It is all about Bama.
GoneForGood
King said:

Lol Andrea Adelson
Yeah, saw that she was the only to pick tu over TCU. Her burnt orange flag is showing
Nebules
AG
This situation reminds me of 2003, when Oklahoma was rolling through opponents with 30-40 point margins and TV commentators were remarking how B12 North teams were competing for the right to lose to OU in the B12 Championship.

OU would go on to lose the B12 Championship to Bill Snyder 35-7, and the national title game to LSU, whose offensive coordinator was.....................Jimbo.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
class_of_26_ag said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24737455/college-football-week-4-game-picks

I know its ESPN but I think this could be motivation. At least they aren't saying 59-0.
Class of 26?

Dude pay attention in your high school english class. Damn cell phones.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
mpaggie06
AG
Only 5/68 picks differed. Great selection of games. I realize they've got scores listed, too, but why even put that chart together?
wbt5845
AG
If Bama were to host Clemson this weekend, I bet the line would be -14, at least.

I do not believe in "moral victories", but I do believe in playing well. If we do that I'll be satisfied.
wbt5845
AG
Ihatefallscounty said:

class_of_26_ag said:

Class of 26?

Dude pay attention in your high school english class. Damn cell phones.

Class of '26 is in high school?

CovertChad
They expect everyone who plays Bama this year to get rolled. They are saying this could be his best team ever. We Will see what happens!
Sponsor Message: Nobody beats a Covert deal. Not now, not ever!
www.coverthutto.com
GumboMaverick
Pumpkinhead said:

Actually, technically. everyone in the media right now is expecting Alabama to pretty much ROLL everyone. This Bama team is getting hyped at the moment as possibly Nick Saban's best team ever.

I've heard media types saying they think Bama wins by 14+ points if playing Ohio State right now. I've heard this Bama team getting Golden State Warrior comparisons in terms of how much better they may be than their peers.

I like to hear this. Best thing that could happen is for Bama to read and believe all of this as well. Then you get a little complacent and things happen for us.
TheVarian
AG
You spelled ESPN wrong. Should be eSIPn
Jon Cocktosin
AG
Everyone has an opinion and the right prediction. At the end of the day, a bunch of college kids have to suit up and grind it out. Anything can happen and there's ALWAYS a chance to win...until there's not. I believe!!!
ebag02
AG
Rat poison!! Eat it up Bama!! Last time we went into Tuscaloosa we were winning halfway through the 3rd quarter. Last season Bama had won it's 2 previous SEC games a combined 125 - 3 and squeaked by us by 8.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

King said:

Lol Andrea Adelson
Yeah, saw that she was the only to pick tu over TCU. Her burnt orange flag is showing
And of all the picks she has us with the closest game to Bama.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ivan Maisel has us losing by 42. Good grief how could anyone expect that?
Post removed:
by user
AG
They are rolling everyone so far. They play at home.

We've never finished better than 3rd in our division, and that was 6 years ago.

Every objective person in the country expects them to win and win big.
agINbj2000
Ivan Maisel for his entire life has been anti-Aggies. Remember in the RC days he was the AP voter kept voting Aggies 10 positions below national ranking, even though he was living in Dallas and worked for DMN
KW Driver
So is everyone on their schedule. Don't take is personally.
Geriatric Punk
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

King said:

Lol Andrea Adelson
Eh, I don't blame her. If I were in sports journalism, I'd always pick the Ags. I only pick against them on here because I can hide my BAS behind anonymity.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
StrykerAg
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

King said:

Lol Andrea Adelson

Back when she still worked for the Orlando Sentinel, she ranked all the FBS teams and had us ridiculously low. Just by looking at some of the teams she had ahead of us, you could tell she knew jack sht. I wish I still had the email I sent her. When I saw she got hired by ESPN, I laughed.
njohn87
AG
I wouldn't even take the spread and these predictions as disrespect toward us, this is possibly a historically good Bama team. I hope we play well, but we could be a legitimate top 25 team and still lose this one by 35 points. Just be ready for anything.
NoHo Hank
AG
Tell you what. Alabama is listening to their fat little girlfriends tell them what they want to hear, which is how great they are.

33-26 Ags!
mcag83
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Ivan Maisel has us losing by 42. Good grief how could anyone expect that?

Someone saying we will lose by 42 is almost as preposterous as saying we will lose 59-0.
Like anyone can even know that.
AgsWin2011
AG
FlyingSquirrel20
The last time we we're expected to get rolled this bad was . . . 2012
AG
john32f said:

Tell you what. Alabama is listening to their fat little girlfriends tell them what they want to hear, which is how great they are.

In this case, their fat little girlfriends are right.
Pumpkinhead
AG
FlyingSquirrel20 said:

The last time we we're expected to get rolled this bad was . . . 2012

No, actually 2014, 2015, and 2017 I think a bunch of us were thinking we were also going to get 'rolled'.

Only 2013 and 2016 do I remember our fan base and the media thinking we had a really legitimate chance going into the game.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
We are going to win and we're going to win as a team. Remember there's no "i" in "champion".
APHIS AG
Pumpkinhead said:

And this is what Saban hates for the team that starts to believe its own hype is surly to lose a game to wake them up and I hope it is our game.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.